New look and software for ASFN coming soon!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you are actually in a forum section, the main Mark Forums Read link defaults to just marking that one forum. But, also gives an option to Mark all forums read.

Any way to get the functionality of marking a forum read without opening it? I used to mark the forums I wasn't interested in reading as read just by clicking the icon next to the forum. Very easy way to eliminate posts from forums you don't want to see.

Very tedious doing it the way you suggest, and frankly a major step back in functionality.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk was down at first but got fixed the other day for me. I just accessed the forum on it right now with my phone while typing this.

Yep, i was unable to browse via Tapatalk at first, but as of yesterday i can.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get Tapatalk to open directly to the Cardinals forum, rather than to the top-level ASFN page? I had it configured to do that with the old site software, but it no longer seems to be working.

...dave

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, i was unable to browse via Tapatalk at first, but as of yesterday i can.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get Tapatalk to open directly to the Cardinals forum, rather than to the top-level ASFN page? I had it configured to do that with the old site software, but it no longer seems to be working.

...dave
I have to click a few times to get to it personally but I do timeline view rather than forum view.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get tapatalk to work, still, but I have a pos Windows phone. Did any of you guys have to "re-find" the forum, or did your existing link work?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get tapatalk to work, still, but I have a pos Windows phone. Did any of you guys have to "re-find" the forum, or did your existing link work?
I had to delete & re-add the site.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
working well for me...the only minor issue I have noticed is that when I click the button to go to the first new post in the thread...sometimes it jumps me up to the most recent post instead...so I have to scroll back to the first post that is actually new to me...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's working for me but some things are wonky.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an issue that it takes a long time for pages to load. Anyone else having that problem?

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have an issue that it takes a long time for pages to load. Anyone else having that problem?

Not once has it taken anytime to load. Has been fast for me this whole time.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we add attachments? Is the only way to do it using the media gallery and then embedding into the post?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
working well for me...the only minor issue I have noticed is that when I click the button to go to the first new post in the thread...sometimes it jumps me up to the most recent post instead...so I have to scroll back to the first post that is actually new to me...

still doing this

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found the giant red upload a file button, not sure why i couldnt see that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I love the Conversation feature. If you haven't used it yet, check it out.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, I love the Conversation feature. If you haven't used it yet, check it out.

You mean the PMs? Its like it a small little forum to yourself and the person you are talking to. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the PMs? Its like it a small little forum to yourself and the person you are talking to. :)

I think it's what you're talking about. If you click on a poster's name one of the options is "start a conversation". You can then invite that person and others into a private thread with what appears to be all the features of a normal thread. I could see using it like a Chat Room when things are popping in Cards land or when the Suns return from the dead. It's much more effective than the private messaging we had on the other software.

We could start a conversation every Sunday for the Game Day thread inviting only the posters that have asked for access. That way people wouldn't have to worry about violating the language restrictions in the heat of the moment. I'm not sure how the language filters work when you're in a private conversation but I would assume they're turned off.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's what you're talking about. If you click on a poster's name one of the options is "start a conversation". You can then invite that person and others into a private thread with what appears to be all the features of a normal thread. I could see using it like a Chat Room when things are popping in Cards land or when the Suns return from the dead. It's much more effective than the private messaging we had on the other software.

We could start a conversation every Sunday for the Game Day thread inviting only the posters that have asked for access. That way people wouldn't have to worry about violating the language restrictions in the heat of the moment. I'm not sure how the language filters work when you're in a private conversation but I would assume they're turned off.
its very difficult to choose a pg-13 word when typing :)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No avoiding it and if you did the private convos, it would kill the forum if that all people did as there would be no content to view of others.

Try not to do that. Keep it in the cards game threads. :)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven,

The private thread option works on a forum I've used from time to time. It's a Spanish/English mix that gets trolled frequently and if someone from, say Argentina, wants to converse with you privately because they genuinely want help with their English, they invite you to private 'room'. You can accept or decline as you see fit. In that environment it's great because you're talking one on one with someone from anywhere in the world and you help each other with language skills. I had great conversations with a young man, I assume, from Costa Rica who works on a cruise ship who wanted to better understand American slang. It was great fun trying to translate our slang to someone obviously many years younger than me...in Spanish no less. He loved that I turned him on to Urban Dictionary. Try explaining all the nuances of 'turn you on' to someone in any language! Ha!

Anyhoo, I suppose you could do that with members here on game day, but I agree with Shaggy that it would be detrimental to the overall board health. Besides that, I'd be the only one in the game thread because I know nothing about football and everyone else would be in private rooms.......

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven,

The private thread option works on a forum I've used from time to time. It's a Spanish/English mix that gets trolled frequently and if someone from, say Argentina, wants to converse with you privately because they genuinely want help with their English, they invite you to private 'room'. You can accept or decline as you see fit. In that environment it's great because you're talking one on one with someone from anywhere in the world and you help each other with language skills. I had great conversations with a young man, I assume, from Costa Rica who works on a cruise ship who wanted to better understand American slang. It was great fun trying to translate our slang to someone obviously many years younger than me...in Spanish no less. He loved that I turned him on to Urban Dictionary. Try explaining all the nuances of 'turn you on' to someone in any language! Ha!

Anyhoo, I suppose you could do that with members here on game day, but I agree with Shaggy that it would be detrimental to the overall board health. Besides that, I'd be the only one in the game thread because I know nothing about football and everyone else would be in private rooms.......

Yeah, I hadn't really thought it through. Mostly I forgot about the lurkers. It would have been easy enough to start a thread and a conversation several days before game time. In the thread you ask anyone interested in the convo to add their name so they could be invited into the conversation. That way, for members, it would be very inclusive. But visitors and lurkers would be shut out. So, no go.

I just think there are times when your fingers really want to shout out every 4 letter word they can think of. I rarely swear, pretty much got that out of my system in the Army 40 years ago. But game time is the big exception for me and it looked like a "private" yet forum-wide conversation might have been a nice way around the usual language restrictions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard