New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks

rumors saying kalil wont declare,,,cardinals will pick later.so we can get mercilus,manti te'o,adams tackle from osu or upshaw.reiff is nothing special,,a reach at 11

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work. Overall, I don't think there's anything to raise an eyebrow over. And, specific to the Cards, I'd love for it to shake out like that for us.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The glaring hole on this team is LT since we don't have any potential at the position on the roster at this time so I'm good with Reiff as the pick. Chopper won't be happy with it and I do trust his evaluation of talent so that's my concern.

How deep is this draft? Not having a 2nd rounder hurts but isn't a death sentence since we do have a lot of depth and youth at a majority of our roster.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading Curry's bio gives me goosebumps. He seems to be a guy that move this defense up a notch.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I like the Riley Reiff pick. Makes sense and is a huge weak spot on the team. If we end up picking later in the draft I would go with Decastro. We have to improve our line if we plan on sticking with Kolb as our QB. I just hope whoever we pick the Cards don't flip-flop the guy around. If we take Reiff, put him at LT and leave him there for the next ten years. Don't put him at guard and then move hime to RT and then move him to LT. I hate when coaches do that to players.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
This will be the year to trade down. GM Graves can drop 10 spots or so and add and 2nd pick and at least a 4th round pick. Kudos to the GM as this years draft might be the teams best in a VERY long time.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
This will be the year to trade down. GM Graves can drop 10 spots or so and add and 2nd pick and at least a 4th round pick. Kudos to the GM as this years draft might be the teams best in a VERY long time.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

While I think trading down could be a good option this year and gathering more picks. Do we really trust Graves that much to do such deals?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like the Riley Reiff pick. Makes sense and is a huge weak spot on the team. If we end up picking later in the draft I would go with Decastro. We have to improve our line if we plan on sticking with Kolb as our QB. I just hope whoever we pick the Cards don't flip-flop the guy around. If we take Reiff, put him at LT and leave him there for the next ten years. Don't put him at guard and then move hime to RT and then move him to LT. I hate when coaches do that to players.

We have to improve the line, especially at the tackle positions, regardless of who plays under center. Levi is going to be cut (addition by subtraction, IMO). Keith hasn't developed into anything and is injury prone, and Bridges is inconsistent at best. PFF rated our pass blocking as worst in the league and rightfully so.

As for Reiff, if Kalil doesn;t declare, I wouldn't count on him being available. Johnathan Martin out of Stanford could be a good pick. If we can trade down (and hopefully get back into the 2nd round and get more picks), Mike Adams out of OSU is a good option as well.

If we want to roll the dice, Shaun Prater out of Iowa is another solid option if he can be acquired in the 3rd round.

Fitzy11

Reaction score
martin is overrated. if kalil isn't available we should take morris claiborne

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have to improve the line, especially at the tackle positions, regardless of who plays under center. Levi is going to be cut (addition by subtraction, IMO). Keith hasn't developed into anything and is injury prone, and Bridges is inconsistent at best. PFF rated our pass blocking as worst in the league and rightfully so.

As for Reiff, if Kalil doesn;t declare, I wouldn't count on him being available. Johnathan Martin out of Stanford could be a good pick. If we can trade down (and hopefully get back into the 2nd round and get more picks), Mike Adams out of OSU is a good option as well.

If we want to roll the dice, Shaun Prater out of Iowa is another solid option if he can be acquired in the 3rd round.

they trade for the wrong quarterback so now they have to waste a 1 round pick to protect him cause is not able to avoid sacks....so in the end we gonna waste a 1th round and a 2th about the trade

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you change the colors on the site? Looks better to me for some reason.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of those picks very logical. I really like the Burfict to Baltimore. If Ray Lewis cannot straighten the kid out, then no one can. The Robert Griffin III to Miami would be great for them. Can you imagine Bush and Griffin in that backfield together?

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
they trade for the wrong quarterback so now they have to waste a 1 round pick to protect him cause is not able to avoid sacks....so in the end we gonna waste a 1th round and a 2th about the trade

Name one QB in this league that would look decent with 1-2 secs on a bunch of dropbacks, most of the presure is not scheme predicated its breakdowns on the line. Kolb does need to a better job of just throwing it away when he does have time,if nobody is open, but IMO your picking at the sliver and not seeing the log.

OP
OP
D

Dflo

Rookie
Reaction score
The past 3 or 4 mocks I've done, I've had the highest rated OT on the board go to Arizona. Seems like you guys agree as well that Levi Brown is done, and a franchise OT is needed.

But what about Kevin Kolb, what if Barkley or RG3 is available when you guys pick, do you entertain that idea. Basically what I'm getting at here is, do you guys think Kolb is your franchise QB?

Btw, thanks for the comments/kind words guys!

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The past 3 or 4 mocks I've done, I've had the highest rated OT on the board go to Arizona. Seems like you guys agree as well that Levi Brown is done, and a franchise OT is needed.

But what about Kevin Kolb, what if Barkley or RG3 is available when you guys pick, do you entertain that idea. Basically what I'm getting at here is, do you guys think Kolb is your franchise QB?

Btw, thanks for the comments/kind words guys!
Kevin Kolb, so far, looks nothing like a franchise QB. Nothing he does is above average, and his horrible pocket awareness just gets him injured all the time. RGIII is a project QB, he's gonna have to sit for several years to pick up a Pro Offense, and knowing that he had the same HC as Kolb in college (Briles), I'm a little skeptical that he's going to stay in that spread offense mentality. Which is, staring down receivers, running around in the pocket and not going through progressions, changing line protections, reading defenses etc...Barkley, while he's a lot more pro ready than RGIII, I think he gets by on the play calling of Kiffin, and all their NFL talent on offense. He would be a good game manager, but I don't see him as a game changing type QB.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Huh?? This post makes no sense, whatsoever.

Here's a great idea: let's just get another quarterback behind center and watch him get pummeled to the ground because we didn't address the offensive line woes. And when he gets injured, go get another, and then another, and then another. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Our O-line was recently ranked dead last in the league in pass protection by P.F.F. Levi Brown is widely considered the worst blindside pass blocker in the league. The QBs who have been under center at many times have been running for their lives and trying to make plays on their feet. The game winning TD pass against Dallas from Kolb to LSH only occurred because Kolb had to escape the pocket immediately as Ratliff beat his man on the snap. How is this on the quarterback? As a matter of fact, we should be thankful Kolb isn't a statue and had the presence of mind to escape danger and make the right decision. Aside from Rodgers or Brady, there is not a single QB in the league who could be successful behind this line. And even the two aforementioned would probably get knocked out by week 8.

That being said, the team needs better blocking up front. Simple. Even if you are a nonobjective Kolb-hater, you have to acknowledge the pitfalls of the offensive line and how they've contributed to our inconsistencies on offense.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Other than Zach Brown, who is no sure thing by any means, I just don't see the value in a 3-4 OLB in round 1. I think you could just as easily get a guy like Brandon Lindsey, Melvin Ingram, or Bruce Irvin later and get the same, or better production as a Quentin Coples.

Right now my mock is:
1-Mike Adams, OT Ohio State/ David DeCastro, OG Stanford
3-Nick Perry, OLB USC
4-Emanuel Acho, ILB Texas
5-DeVier Posey, WR Ohio State
6-Kelcie McCray, SS Arkansas St.
6-Matt McCants, OT UAB
7-BPA

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Other than Zach Brown, who is no sure thing by any means, I just don't see the value in a 3-4 OLB in round 1. I think you could just as easily get a guy like Brandon Lindsey, Melvin Ingram, or Bruce Irvin later and get the same, or better production as a Quentin Coples.

Right now my mock is:
1-Mike Adams, OT Ohio State/ David DeCastro, OG Stanford
3-Nick Perry, OLB USC
4-Emanuel Acho, ILB Texas
5-DeVier Posey, WR Ohio State
6-Kelcie McCray, SS Arkansas St.
6-Matt McCants, OT UAB
7-BPA

I would totally be ok with the first 4 picks being...
OG-DeCastro
OLB-Perry
ILB-Acho
OT-Nate Potter

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The glaring hole on this team is LT since we don't have any potential at the position on the roster at this time so I'm good with Reiff as the pick. Chopper won't be happy with it and I do trust his evaluation of talent so that's my concern.

How deep is this draft? Not having a 2nd rounder hurts but isn't a death sentence since we do have a lot of depth and youth at a majority of our roster.

Not a fan of Reiff, but I understand the need for the pick. As I have said before, he always seems to be on the ground which is a big concern for a college linemen. Maybe he is more athletic than I think he is, but he just seems to play very soft. Iowa OTs haven't impressed me lately with Gallery and Bulaga being the most noteworthy off the top of my head. Gallery had to move to OG, and Bulaga is a RT for the Packers. I guess we spent a top 5 pick on a RT before, so spending the 11 pick wouldn't be so bad.

At this point, I think that DeCastro might be the best bet. He is a spectacular prospect that could be a mainstay on our line for 10 years. He is athletic enough to pull, strong at point of attack and plays with a controlled mean streak. I can see him doing for us what Faneca did for the Steelers and Hutchinson did for the Seahawks/Vikings.

The real question is where we pull the trigger on an OT in this draft if we don't snag one in round one. Datko out of Florida St is a top prospect that has fallen due to injury and might be worth a look in rounds 3 or 4. Nate Potter has dropped but has started for a good program for years, and might just need a professional strength coach to build his body for the NFL. Matt Reynolds out of BYU is another guy who has the soft label, but might be worth a look later on.

What is most frustrating for me is that I love the LB crop this year (both ILB and conversion guys), but with our needs on the offensive line, I don't see us being able to really take advantage of it. Maybe if we can sign an OT in the offseason like Demetrius Bell, cut/resign (to a lower salary) Rt Levi BRown, and maybe pursue a top OG like Carl Nicks/Ben Grubbs, we can look to really address our LB corp, but right now, I don't see it happening.

I am really excited about Vinny Curry and Mercilus. I think that they will both be a force at OLB.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh?? This post makes no sense, whatsoever.

Here's a great idea: let's just get another quarterback behind center and watch him get pummeled to the ground because we didn't address the offensive line woes. And when he gets injured, go get another, and then another, and then another. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Our O-line was recently ranked dead last in the league in pass protection by P.F.F. Levi Brown is widely considered the worst blindside pass blocker in the league. The QBs who have been under center at many times have been running for their lives and trying to make plays on their feet. The game winning TD pass against Dallas from Kolb to LSH only occurred because Kolb had to escape the pocket immediately as Ratliff beat his man on the snap. How is this on the quarterback? As a matter of fact, we should be thankful Kolb isn't a statue and had the presence of mind to escape danger and make the right decision. Aside from Rodgers or Brady, there is not a single QB in the league who could be successful behind this line. And even the two aforementioned would probably get knocked out by week 8.

That being said, the team needs better blocking up front. Simple. Even if you are a nonobjective Kolb-hater, you have to acknowledge the pitfalls of the offensive line and how they've contributed to our inconsistencies on offense.
i think your post make no sense cause kolb showed this season how much is in trouble avoiding pressures...skelton is inaccurate and raw but he show a presence in the pocket that a quarterback need if want to be succesfull in nfl...do u think big ben has a great offensive line??? do u remember warner here...offensive line was below average

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree that we need to continue to improve our QB position, but the offensive line has to be addressed. It doesn't look like FA will be a good option, and so this leaves the draft. Indy didn't protect their QB, and it got him 3 neck surgeries. Ben is constantly banged up. The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, and Patriots have all made significant efforts to upgrade their offensive lines, because a franchise QB is no good if he is on the bench injured.