Nets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-13-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I kinda think they targeted this game for big 3 when they knew beal was close. What better way to show they did well in controversial trade?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Big 3 will play tonight. It's official. Nassir Little has been cleared to play.

Eric Gordon is OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was just wondering today if we could go to a bigger look with Metu in there as PF and playing KD at the 3 or vice versa.

Definitely intrigued to see how that works.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of fans are wanting Mikal Bridges to sign his Suns jersey.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
good play by the opposing team makes it harder for your own team to win. isn't the point of fandom to watch and cheer your team on to victory. cheering for opposing players is done so in direct opposition to that goal. that kind of fandom just doesn't make sense to me.
Part of being a fan is the word fanatic. Which I think people buy into but in reality, it’s just a game. And I love sports and competition. It’s electric.

But do I really want a big win or loss to radically change my day based off something I have zero control over?

This is not me trying to minimize fandom for anyone. I just don’t inherently think you’re more or less of a fan based on how you show support to your team.

Can I separate recognizing an individual play of an opponent with the reality of it happening against the Suns and wanting us to still win? Yes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here the starters for tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of being a fan is the word fanatic. Which I think people buy into but in reality, it’s just a game. And I love sports and competition. It’s electric.

But do I really want a big win or loss to radically change my day based off something I have zero control over?

This is not me trying to minimize fandom for anyone. I just don’t inherently think you’re more or less of a fan based on how you show support to your team.

Can I separate recognizing an individual play of an opponent with the reality of it happening against the Suns and wanting us to still win? Yes.
I’m really trying to understand this though. Like, if Bridges makes a three or has a big dunk, are you clapping after? That is just such a bizarre thing to me.

(Calling fans idiots that would cheer for those guys during the game was stupid on my part and I take that back.) It’s just such a foreign concept to me to cheer for anything the opposing team does, no matter who’s on it, if it’s coming at the expense of the team I’m cheering for.)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a reminder, no Allen, Gordon or Okogie tonight.

Not having three rotation players can hurt.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m really trying to understand this though. Like, if Bridges makes a three or has a big dunk, are you clapping after? That is just such a bizarre thing to me.

(Calling fans idiots that would cheer for those guys during the game was stupid on my part and I take that back.) It’s just such a foreign concept to me to cheer for anything the opposing team does, no matter who’s on it, if it’s coming at the expense of the team I’m cheering for.)
I probably wouldn’t clap if I was at the game. Maybe a verbal acknowledgment of a play here and there. I do see your perspective though.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why im watching Tolar HS football on the stream?!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal will be on a minutes restriction tonight per pre-game show.

With the Suns short on smalls, perhaps Saban Lee gets some minutes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of fans are wanting Mikal Bridges to sign his Suns jersey.

I really think a lot people don’t understand how well he connected to the fans.

Never missed a game, always the first player for shoot around before the game and at halftime, and played hard all the time on both ends. You really feel it more in person.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think a lot people don’t understand how well he connected to the fans.

Never missed a game, always the first player for shoot around before the game and at halftime, and played hard all the time on both ends. You really feel it more in person.

Fans always appreciate the players that gave the team their all and left on good terms. It doesn't have to be a team thing unless it comes to winning or losing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurkic gets one to drop. The Nets lead 3-2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t get how this team can be so careless with the ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The court is well spread for Phoenix but they still have to knock down shots.