Nets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-13-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Chap said, people were cheering for Paul and he has a fraction of the attachment the fan base does for Bridges.
then those fans are idiots. Cheering for old players to do well against your own team makes zero sense to me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
then those fans are idiots. Cheering for old players to do well against your own team makes zero sense to me.

I don't think anyone will be rooting for the Nets to win the game, but I expect those players to get a fair amount of love from the fans throughout. Checking in and checking out or if they do something particularly impressive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were a playoff game or an important game late in the season I might agree, but it's a random regular season game a quarter of the way into the season. Don't see much of an issue with some fans cheering the good play of a couple former fan favorites in this scenario. :shrug:
good play by the opposing team makes it harder for your own team to win. isn't the point of fandom to watch and cheer your team on to victory. cheering for opposing players is done so in direct opposition to that goal. that kind of fandom just doesn't make sense to me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
good play by the opposing team makes it harder for your own team to win. isn't the point of fandom to watch and cheer your team on to victory. cheering for opposing players is done so in direct opposition to that goal. that kind of fandom just doesn't make sense to me.
What I am more so talking about is what Phrazbit stated above. They will get love from the crowd, doesn't mean the fans will cheer them in a way that they are willing them towards winning. Nor does that mean that it will be with the same energy as they would cheer on their own players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can one not cheer for the players who so proudly wore the Suns uniform.

That's not the same as cheering for the Nets as a team, which I never would.

Here are some comments from Cam Johnson.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As Chap said, people were cheering for Paul and he has a fraction of the attachment the fan base does for Bridges.
I have to believe the in-game cheers were from warriors fans. They have a national following and show well in Phoenix.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I am more so talking about is what Phrazbit stated above. They will get love from the crowd, doesn't mean the fans will cheer them in a way that they are willing them towards winning. Nor does that mean that it will be with the same energy as they would cheer on their own players.
I am having a difficult time visualizing what this means. Are they going to golf clap when bridges steals the ball and makes a layup against us thereby increasing their lead or decreasing ours? Does anyone here do this???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Here are some comments from Cam Johnson.

How does one cheer cam hitting a three while simultaneously not rooting for the nets who get to count that 3 points against the suns?

I can understand wishing a former player to do well . . . but never while they are actively competing against us directly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
during the game if they're scoring against us? I understanding fans giving them love during warm ups or being announced. But cheering for them DURING the game when they're making plays against us? That makes zero sense to me. Why would you cheer for something that HURTS your own team.
If you're cheering for them making good plays against the Suns during the game, you're absolutely cheering for the Nets. You know why? Because those players ARE NETS.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither Kevin Durant or Bradley Beal will be on a minutes restriction.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, I expect they will get cheered when being subbed in and out and maybe if they do something spectacular, I don’t see them getting cheered for every little thing they do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Big 3 will play tonight. It's official. Nassir Little has been cleared to play.

Eric Gordon is OUT.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m curious about the vibe in the arena tonight.

The games I’ve been to have all been sold out but the atmosphere has been dead. Lots of frustrating and or boring basketball.

This one has a lot of story lines tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the sound quality on the interviews were more clear for both those that ask the questions and those that answer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious about the vibe in the arena tonight.

The games I’ve been to have all been sold out but the atmosphere has been dead. Lots of frustrating and or boring basketball.

This one has a lot of story lines tonight.

I think the energy will be electric tonight but the feelings will be bitter-sweet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, probably a direct response to our rebounding woes.

It's good to know the coaches recognize there is a problem, although part of it could be available personnel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen