NBA SUSPENDS Regular Season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Sources: The NBA and NBPA are forming a working group and have a call Tuesday to discuss return-to-play strategies; will include NBPA president Chris Paul and players Russell Westbrook, Jayson Tatum, Kyle Lowry, Dwight Powell.

1:41 PM - 12 May 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly the NBPA started polling individuals Tuesday on where they stand on a return to play:

The National Basketball Players Association started polling its membership Tuesday about how individuals stand on a return to play this season, sources told ESPN.

NBPA regional representatives -- including Tim McCormick and Frank Brickowski -- were among the union officials polling players with a yes or no question on their current desire to return to play this season amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to sources.

Those officials told players that their individual responses and identities would be kept confidential within the NBPA, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-polls-nba-players-whether-want-return-season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Positive momentum reported by sources about NBA return to play.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

ESPN Sources: Attendees left Board of Governors call w/ Adam Silver today feeling positive about momentum toward an NBA return to play this season. Discussion included how league/players will need to get comfortable w/ some positive tests for virus not shutting down a resumption

6:17 PM - 12 May 2020

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I've been away from the forum for awhile I assume someone has already started a " adjusting to life without sports thread" ?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA aims to make decision on 2019-20 season in 2-4 weeks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Ramona Shelburne

NBA’s hopeful that 22 of the 30 franchises will have facilities open for voluntary workouts by Monday, sources say.

Adrian Wojnarowski added,

Ramona ShelburneVerified account @ramonashelburne
The Miami Heat were able to open their practice facility today, according to sources. 12 players went in for voluntary, socially distanced workouts.
3:20 PM - 13 May 2020

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
22m

Small steps for NBA: In advising teams on players/staff returning to market for workouts, league shares travel recommendations in memo: "...If within reasonable driving distance of their team markets," they should drive, not fly, "to avoid more crowded travel settings."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. The Premier League supposedly had each team buy Covid 19 testing equipment so they can do their own tests. I know that looks bad here in the US, but to have guys who HAVE to be in contact, that's the only way to do it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cavaliers’ Tristan Thompson says guys want to play, hopes to see postseason
“Guys want to play,” Thompson said Thursday during a Zoom conference call.

Thompson, who is eligible for free agency after this season, said one of his biggest takeaways from a conference call with Commissioner Adam Silver last week was that players – especially the ones with a chance to win a title – are eager to get back on the floor as soon as possible.

First, though, Thompson said it’s imperative that everyone feels protected from the coronavirus.
https://sports.yahoo.com/cavaliers-tristan-thompson-says-guys-110014887.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heat’s Jae Crowder sums up feelings of a lot of players: He wants to play, but safety comes first
“I don’t want to feel like we have to rush because people are at home, not doing nothing, they just want to watch us play basketball and watch us work…

“I just want to be safe. Obviously, I miss the game. We all miss the game. We love the work. But I want to be safe, I don’t want to feel like it’s rushed…. Even though we’re missing out on a lot of money, from the league standpoint, from everybody taking pay cuts and things like that, I want everybody to be safe…

“We have families we have to come back to, you have to realize that. A lot of guys have kids. You have to worry about that. You have to put that into perspective. I’m in for coming back with the season, as long as we have a few bulletin points from our players’ standpoint to get down with the league.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/heat-jay-crowder-sums-feelings-010005355.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves to participate in study for antibodies.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Timberwolves are arguably the team that has been hit hardest by the virus with KAT's mother succumbing to it. Other players may have lost someone close by now but Town's mother is the first I recall hearing about, and last. I hadn't heard anything about that situation since that news came out. I know his father also tested positive but he was doing much better than his mother. I would imagine he's been cleared by now since that was about a month ago when she past.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry thinks the trash talk that goes on during the game will be highly entertaining even without fans in the stands.

"It would be raw," the Warriors superstar told Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday night. "Everybody has those mics on their jerseys sometimes, and they'll play like the 'Inside Trax' or whatever. This will take it to a whole other level of pure insanity of what we say on the court. That trash talk that happens, even myself taking part in it. But I think everybody, whether you're on the court or on the bench, all the nonsense like that might be something that's really appealing from a fan perspective to get real up close and personal with what we do on the court."

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-musta...hout-fans-in-stands?__twitter_impression=true

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be one of the few but I always thought practices and training camps were entertaining even with minimal fans.

There is something pure about being able to hear players yap at each other and the screech of tennis shoes on the floor.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woj Pod on uncertainty surrounding return by NBA.