NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jarred Vanderbilt was not listed as a keeper by Adrian Wojnarowski. I'd be interested if the price were right.

I think only because he wasn't part of the trade, Woj was talking about the guys they just got specifically.

I honestly doubt that the only keepers they see on their entire roster are the 3 guys they just landed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Bojan making just under 20 mil next year, I don't see a trade that makes sense for us.

I'm not a fan of Clarkson, but Clarkson for Shamet and a 1st would be worth a kick.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to believe the Knicks are going to chase after another player with Mitchell out of the picture.

They are going to have unhappy fans.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
With Bojan making just under 20 mil next year, I don't see a trade that makes sense for us.

I'm not a fan of Clarkson, but Clarkson for Shamet and a 1st would be worth a kick.
Outside of the obvious, the one thing we don’t have, especially if Jae moves to the bench, is a scoring punch. Who would that be on this roster assuming Cam starts? Payne? Dario? Shamet?

Clarkson is exactly that guy. Quick points in a hurry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

would be nice to get a Vinny Johnson-esque guy off the bench without losing Jae. Shamet and a 1st would be just fine and dandy for me to get Clarkson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet for Clarkson doesn't work straight up in a trade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody wanting trade Shamet for Clarkson but that just weakens our ball handlers we would be even more dependent on Paul/Payne

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody wanting trade Shamet for Clarkson but that just weakens our ball handlers we would be even more dependent on Paul/Payne
Huh?

Clarkson is a better ballhandler/initiator than Shamet is.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My bad

Wrong guy.

Yes Clarkson is better than Shamet but he’s kinda the same guy an inefficient chucker

Ideally Shamet rediscovers his pre-Suns shooting stroke, renders these concerns moot.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns do not have any interest in John Collins and we've known that since Free Agency started. Not sure why we keep talking about him.
I liked him a couple years ago, but now with the way they play Collins, you don't know if he's struggling versus being told to play a different way. I am leery of him because of the uncertainty. They gave him a big contract indicating they like him, but for a while they were literally benching him and reducing his minutes. Not sure what's going on there.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
This is what the Jazz received for Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I would say you better be careful dealing with Danny Ainge in a trade. Heist job. But hey Cleveland & Minnesota pulled the trigger on their end to make those trades work. So time will tell right?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At least now that Mitchell has been moved the Suns front office can finally ...
Sit around for 2 months not make any moves before telling us this was the plan all along and continuity bla bla bla.

Who am I kidding? They wont tell us anything.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At least now that Mitchell has been moved the Suns front office can finally ...
Sit around for 2 months not make any moves before telling us this was the plan all along and continuity bla bla bla.
I listen to sports radio as I drive around the city, an the opinion is we will use the mid level exception later in the year as guys become available. Right now, that pretty much looks like that's it, unless KD demands to come to PHX only.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I listen to sports radio as I drive around the city, an the opinion is we will use the mid level exception later in the year as guys become available. Right now, that pretty much looks like that's it, unless KD demands to come to PHX only.
Ouch

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clarkson not a good 3 point shooter no thanks.
He actually is incredible when he gets on his streaks, then he is unguardable. He is very streaky though, and yes he did have a bad season last year, but I would expect him to be closer to his 36 / 37% he was shooting previously.

Personally I think I would prefer Bogdanovich if we are only going to get one of them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have more hope that Cam Payne returns to form. We have never really seen Shamet play well, but we have seen Payne play well before.
Meh. Toss a coin.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He actually is incredible when he gets on his streaks, then he is unguardable. He is very streaky though, and yes he did have a bad season last year, but I would expect him to be closer to his 36 / 37% he was shooting previously.

Personally I think I would prefer Bogdanovich if we are only going to get one of them.

He’s pretty much a 6’3 Crowder He’s streaky at best but even when he’s not on he still chucks them up.

Bogdanvich is the better of the two but I’m not giving up a 1

Without another star this team ain’t making it out the west

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He’s pretty much a 6’3 Crowder He’s streaky at best but even when he’s not on he still chucks them up.

Bogdanvich is the better of the two but I’m not giving up a 1

Without another star this team ain’t making it out the west
You're not give up a late first rounder for him?

You're crazy. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard