NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw John Collins pop up as potential trade target. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
For something like Shamet, Cam J, Crowder and a first. Or substitute Crowder for Saric. Only 24 years old. Good shooter, good defender. Makes Suns starting 5 look like best in the NBA.... At the expense of weakening the bench. thoughts? That's one helluva starting 5! Pick your poison. Can't double team anyone on Suns team without paying a heavy penalty.
Congrats on the Hawks job!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw John Collins pop up as potential trade target. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
For something like Shamet, Cam J, Crowder and a first. Or substitute Crowder for Saric. Only 24 years old. Good shooter, good defender. Makes Suns starting 5 look like best in the NBA.... At the expense of weakening the bench. thoughts? That's one helluva starting 5! Pick your poison. Can't double team anyone on Suns team without paying a heavy penalty.

The biggest knock on Collins seems to be he is owed $100 million over the next four seasons.

He would be a definite upgrade over Jae Crowder.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would love JC on the team but no chance they would pay that much.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns do not have any interest in John Collins and we've known that since Free Agency started. Not sure why we keep talking about him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Suns do not have any interest in John Collins and we've known that since Free Agency started. Not sure why we keep talking about him.
That may have been true back then but now that Durant trade fell through interest in other options such as Collins might now be real.

Realistically, options to upgrade PF position:
Julius Randle
Kyle Kuzma
John Collins
Anthony Davis (if he can't stay healthy)

Young PF's on rookie deals are gold to teams so don't see teams lining up to deal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That may have been true back then but now that Durant trade fell through interest in other options such as Collins might now be real.

Realistically, options to upgrade PF position:
Julius Randle
Kyle Kuzma
John Collins
Anthony Davis (if he can't stay healthy)

Young PF's on rookie deals are gold to teams so don't see teams lining up to deal.

I'd add Jonathan Isaac as a dark horse. He's on a reasonable contract with protection in case he doesn't return from injury. Orlando has a crowded front court and might look to move Isaac or Carter Jr.

Isaac is only owed $16 million this season if he doesn't play in upwards of 70 games. He's owed $2.6 million if he hits 70+ games. His cap hit is actually $17.4 million

Next season, 2023-24, he's only guaranteed $7.6 million with the same 70+ game incentive for an extra $2.6 million. His full cap hit is $17.4 million, again.

Then in 2024-25 his deal is not guaranteed at all, however same incentives and salary.

He can earn up to $20 million annually but he has to earn it. There's little risk for the team that has him from a financial standpoint. He's a great defender with serious length. We don't need him to be an offensive juggernaut either, whatever he gives would be gravy.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd add Jonathan Isaac as a dark horse. He's on a reasonable contract with protection in case he doesn't return from injury. Orlando has a crowded front court and might look to move Isaac or Carter Jr.

Isaac is only owed $16 million this season if he doesn't play in upwards of 70 games. He's owed $2.6 million if he hits 70+ games. His cap hit is actually $17.4 million

Next season, 2023-24, he's only guaranteed $7.6 million with the same 70+ game incentive for an extra $2.6 million. His full cap hit is $17.4 million, again.

Then in 2024-25 his deal is not guaranteed at all, however same incentives and salary.

He can earn up to $20 million annually but he has to earn it. There's little risk for the team that has him from a financial standpoint. He's a great defender with serious length. We don't need him to be an offensive juggernaut either, whatever he gives would be gravy.
Isaac has potential but he's been out for 2 years with injuries. The ORL frontcourt situation is interesting, there's a logjam at C with Carter & Bamba and can they play with Banchero at PF? ORL is very deep and if these kids develop they could be MEM in a couple of years.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How the heck did they acquire all those picks that fast. Ainge is a witch

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your a Knicks fan you gotta be pissed. The Knicks have 7 1st rounders over the next 3 years

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Utah should be open to trading Bogdonavich and Clarkson now.

I would be happy to give up a first for either.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Utah should be open to trading Bogdonavich and Clarkson now.

I would be happy to give up a first for either.

Meh.

If that’s what we end up doing I would consider this offseason a huge failure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good trade for the Jazz. They get young players and draft picks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If your a Knicks fan you gotta be pissed. The Knicks have 7 1st rounders over the next 3 years
I don't know. Mitchell is not super efficent. I don't think he is worth 7 first rounders - or maybe even 4.

Sexton and Markanon are not worthless either. I think Utah might have got the better of the deal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh.

If that’s what we end up doing I would consider this offseason a huge failure.
As opposed to doing what?

You wouldn't rather have AD would you, cause then I will call you crazy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Cavaliers stole the prize while the Knicks waffled.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know. Mitchell is not super efficent. I don't think he is worth 7 first rounders - or maybe even 4.

Sexton and Markanon are not worthless either. I think Utah might have got the better of the deal.

I didn’t say they needed to trade all 7.

What was the point of trading away talent on draft day for future picks if your not gonna use those picks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose