NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how the Lakers think they'll get Westbrook off their roster. It is hard to imagine he and Beverley getting along, one of Beverley's dirtiest plays came at the expense of Westbrook's knee.

Maybe the Lakers will cough up those two first round picks and send Westbrook to the Pacers for Turner and Hield.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Lakers will cough up those two first round picks and send Westbrook to the Pacers for Turner and Hield.
That's what Fox posted on twitter this morning, said that is how the lakers get back in contention.

Lakers fans are so delusional.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's what Fox posted on twitter this morning, said that is how the lakers get back in contention.

And Beverley said that if the Lakers had him last year, he could have got them to the Western Conference Finals. LOL

Delusional sociopath. Perfect fit for that team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, the Suns need a point guard with an edge... certainly not Beverley but someone in that category.
Derrick Rose? Maybe the Suns could horn in on that Jazz/Knicks trade and come away with Rose.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope the Pacers demand both Lakers first round picks for Turner and Hield. Anything less would be theft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick Rose? Maybe the Suns could horn in on that Jazz/Knicks trade and come away with Rose.

I'd be interested, but he had an injury riddled season in 2021-22. Maybe it's too risky.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets sign free agent Yuta Watanabe.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff Morris agrees to 1 year contract with Nets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PHNX Sports even discussed it on a podcast. Deandre Ayton can't be traded until January.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need Donovan Mitchell to get traded to get things rolling. Some of these rumors are off the wall.

This is a cheap asking price for Mitchell.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean something like this?

Sounds like Laker media sycophants trying to generate a story to me.

No way in hell would the Suns be that stupid. I would not trade Cam Johnson straight up for AD, that is how unreliable I think he is.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need Donovan Mitchell to get traded to get things rolling. Some of these rumors are off the wall.

This is a cheap asking price for Mitchell.

Hmm, it didn't seem that cheap to me till I looked up Barett's stats. He is way more inefficent than I thought, he's really just an average player with New York hype behind him.

Yeah, I don't think two picks and him get it done.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Laker media sycophants trying to generate a story to me.

No way in hell would the Suns be that stupid. I would not trade Cam Johnson straight up for AD, that is how unreliable I think he is.

I wasn't going to post it until I saw it mentioned. It appears some in the media are starting to make things up out of boredom.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, it didn't seem that cheap to me till I looked up Barett's stats. He is way more inefficent than I thought, he's really just an average player with New York hype behind him.

Yeah, I don't think two picks and him get it done.

If that is a real offer, I think other teams would be after Mitchell.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AD won't be dealt unless both he and LeBron sign off on it. He's a Rich Paul client so I don't see it happening unless he and LeBron were beefing for some reason. When he's healthy he's a superstar but he's only healthy for maybe a 1/4 of the season at most.

The Suns would need to trade approximately $31 million to take on AD's salary also, which means they'd need to trade 3 or 4 players to make a deal work. Even a Cam J and Ayton deal requires Ayton's permission and that can't happen until January 15th. By then AD is likely to be in a cast of some sort which makes a deal for him improbable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean something like this?

I don't even consider this a real rumor. It sounds like it was just an NBA exec speculating not that there is any real buzz around this trade. Man, trading two players that have improved every single year for a guy who keeps breaking down? No thanks. If AD could stay healthy that would be one thing. I don't think he will ever be 100% again. They could have at least waited until Ayton is eligible to start dumb trade speculation. LOL.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even consider this a real rumor. It sounds like it was just an NBA exec speculating not that there is any real buzz around this trade. Man, trading two players that have improved every single year for a guy who keeps breaking down? No thanks. If AD could stay healthy that would be one thing. I don't think he will ever be 100% again. They could have at least waited until Ayton is eligible to start dumb trade speculation. LOL.

It seems like a reach even for a rumor, even more so since Ayton couldn't be traded until January.

I think the media is looking for anything NBA related to talk about.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Saw John Collins pop up as potential trade target. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
For something like Shamet, Cam J, Crowder and a first. Or substitute Crowder for Saric. Only 24 years old. Good shooter, good defender. Makes Suns starting 5 look like best in the NBA.... At the expense of weakening the bench. thoughts? That's one helluva starting 5! Pick your poison. Can't double team anyone on Suns team without paying a heavy penalty.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave