NBA Baller of the week/Is Gasol much better than Amare?

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
That's bizarre - all of Amare's numbers are better, and Gasol has been struggling to fit in since his return from injury.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I understand that Pao almost always wins this award by a huge margin when he's up for it. I guess somebody in Spain organizes the vote, or hacks the site...

jibikao

Reaction score
Is Gasol much better than Amare?

Gee, I was checking out NBA.com and I saw this Baller of the week poll. Gasol is leading big time:

Gasol: 83%
Amare: 17%

I didn't know Amare is that unpopular. Looks like Amare needs to work on his popularity thing. lol

Hard Hittin Adrian

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nm...i just looked and amares are better

Gasol
PPG: 17.8
RPG: 7.4
APG: 2.4
FG% .509
MPG: 32.1
Season: Fourth
You must be registered for see images
Stoudemire
PPG: 25.9
RPG: 8.9
APG: 1.6
FG% .559
MPG: 36.2
Season: Third

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I bet Amare's turnovers are way higher than Gasol's. And people think Amare is only good because of Steve Nash, when in reality he put up great numbers before Nash was there.

jibikao

Reaction score
Ok, somebody in Spain must have voted A LOT.

I won't say Amare is much better than Gasol because Gasol is a pretty darn good center/power forward. But 83% to 17% is just way off.

Amare had a bad game in Game 1 only because Griz made a conscious effort to stop him. We didn't really even double team Gasol. :)

And because they kept packing the lane, our shooters are open. So in a way, Amare helps ALOT. :)