Nash and Marion on NBA First and Third Team

jibikao

Reaction score
2005-06 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM: Position Player, Team 1st Points Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (116) 610 Forward Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (105) 584 Center Shaquille O’Neal, Miami (45) 402 Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (110) 597 Guard Steve Nash, Phoenix (106) 583

2005-06 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM: Position Player, Team 1st Points Forward Elton Brand, L.A. Clippers (15) 309 Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio (17) 277 Center Ben Wallace, Detroit (44) 363 Guard Chauncey Billups, Detroit (21) 378 Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami (13) 373

2005-06 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM: Position Player, Team 1st Points Forward Shawn Marion, Phoenix (4) 270 Forward Carmelo Anthony, Denver
97 Center Yao Ming, Houston (30) 261 Guard Allen Iverson, Philadelphia (1) 104 Guard Gilbert Arenas, Washington 79

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks about right for Nash and Marion.

Nash

Reaction score
Nash my man in the FIRST TEAM! How weird that that specimen from the Lakers got more votes than him!

And how did Tim Duncan get in that second team. He has been below par this season. Clearly, a lot of voting is based on their reputations.

Nash

Reaction score
wow! Marion's going to be upset he was picked for the higher teams. Let's hope that serves as fuel for him to turn in a monster performance tomorrow, so we can close out the series.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nash said:
Nash my man in the FIRST TEAM! How weird that that specimen from the Lakers got more votes than him!

Why is that weird? Kobe isn't the MVP, but hands-down he's the best basketball player on the planet.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Why is that weird? Kobe isn't the MVP, but hands-down he's the best basketball player on the planet.

not sure I would go as far as to say "hands-down he's the best basketball player", but it doesn't surprise me that Kobe Bryant got more votes. He deserved them.

Joe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
not sure I would go as far as to say "hands-down he's the best basketball player", but it doesn't surprise me that Kobe Bryant got more votes. He deserved them.

Joe

Who's better? The only ones that come close are probably Lebron and Wade, and I think right now Kobe is better than both of them.

Nash

Reaction score
he's good alright but I woder what rolw he would play in a 'team' with people as talented as him. He's not a team player. Probably put him as the only member of a special NBA first team. He's not going to let the remaining 4 touch the ball in any case.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Nash said:
wow! Marion's going to be upset he was picked for the higher teams. Let's hope that serves as fuel for him to turn in a monster performance tomorrow, so we can close out the series.

Thats what I was thinking.

:raccoon:

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Nash said:

Especially Brand is on the 2nd team. I smell blood... go Marion!! Use your Matrix style!

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Nash said:

And how did Tim Duncan get in that second team. He has been below par this season. Clearly, a lot of voting is based on their reputations.

Mmmmm, I think the First Team is fine. There was no doubt that Dirk was going to be on the First team instead of Duncan. Dirk, Lebron, Kobe and Nash were all in the MVP race. Shaq barely beats Ben Wallace.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

It probably was reputation in this case. If you look at the numbers, Marion was very close to Duncan in total voting points, but Duncan got many more first-team votes. Even at 80%, Duncan is still a great player, but I can't see any justification for putting him on the first team. So those voters who gave him a first-team vote, based on his reputation, pushed him into what should have been Marion's spot on the second team.

Oh well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Especially Brand is on the 2nd team. I smell blood... go Marion!! Use your Matrix style!

With the way that Brand is playing this series, I have no qualms about Brand on the 2nd team above Marion.

mribnik

Reaction score
It looks like KG got shafted. I know he played on a below-average team, but he's still a great player. His numbers this year were much better than Duncan. Duncan played on a great team, but he was injured and had his worst year ever. KG got the shaft IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash said:
he's good alright but I woder what rolw he would play in a 'team' with people as talented as him. He's not a team player. Probably put him as the only member of a special NBA first team. He's not going to let the remaining 4 touch the ball in any case.

Blinders. You are wearing blinders. Perhaps you didn't watch the Suns/Lakers series, and that was with guys who AREN'T nearly as talented as him. Keep on perpetuating the myths.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Blinders. You are wearing blinders. Perhaps you didn't watch the Suns/Lakers series, and that was with guys who AREN'T nearly as talented as him. Keep on perpetuating the myths.

:biglaugh:D-Dogg, you ROCK! I love your signature also.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Nash said:
Kobe has two rings, if I remember correctly. And he averaged 6+ assists against the suns, didnt he? Smush makes one more shot and .... I'd rather not think about it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Kobe has two rings, if I remember correctly. And he averaged 6+ assists against the suns, didnt he? Smush makes one more shot and .... I'd rather not think about it.

uhh...

Pretty sure Kobe has three rings, with his:
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers
1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers

winning championships.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
he lost one in a settlement in colorado

...but his wife gained a $4,000,000 one.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
With the way that Brand is playing this series, I have no qualms about Brand on the 2nd team above Marion.

I know but Matrix may take it differently. He wants to be on the first team!

nowagimp

Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
he lost one in a settlement in colorado

I heard that he sold it to Garnett this year when KG was left off all 3 the all NBA teams. Its probably the closeset KG will get to a ring with that fat 20 million arod salary.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
I heard that he sold it to Garnett this year when KG was left off all 3 the all NBA teams. Its probably the closeset KG will get to a ring with that fat 20 million arod salary.

KG is the whole Wolves franchise though:)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison