Goran Dragic makes All-NBA 3rd Team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough -- now that you mention it, that was a pretty weird pick under the circumstances. But they were pretty sure that Johnson was about done, right? Isn't that why they sold the farm for Kidd?

Probably. I think Kevin had some hernia problems as well as wearing down with all the pounding he was taking. The Suns even had Sam Cassell on that 1996-97 roster. Nash was stuck behind a great bunch of PGs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, did anyone catch in the Finals broadcast tonight when Jeff Van Gundy gave the Spurs credit for drafting Dragic in the second round? I wish Kerr had been there to say, "Eff you, that was my pick!" That would have been funny.

I agree. Kerr was so desperate to draft Dragic.

What is so funny about the Dragic pick, it was all over the radio the Suns were trying to get a draft pick to select him. No secret there. Another team could have snatched him away easily. And who helps the Suns... the Spurs.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By the way, did anyone catch in the Finals broadcast tonight when Jeff Van Gundy gave the Spurs credit for drafting Dragic in the second round? I wish Kerr had been there to say, "Eff you, that was my pick!" That would have been funny.

Yeah, that's like crediting the Bucks for drafting Nowitzki.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Yep, as soon as they started talking about SA's draft prowess I knew it was coming.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I agree. Kerr was so desperate to draft Dragic.

What is so funny about the Dragic pick, it was all over the radio the Suns were trying to get a draft pick to select him. No secret there. Another team could have snatched him away easily. And who helps the Suns... the Spurs.

Actually Sarver recently said that it was David Griffin, the assistant GM not Kerr who went to Sarver begging for $500k to draft Dragic and that Griffin showed highlight videos to both of them to convince them and that Sarver agreed to it because he liked Dragic's euro step.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison