More happening?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup. Crazy as this sounds, especially coming from ME, Ibaka makes this team a title contender.

No one is saying Ibaka can singlehandedly make a team a title contender. But for a team that has a pretty good mix of talent everywhere except for a gaping hole at PF... to get one who scores 15 ppg, grabs 8 boards, blocks a shot per game, plays good defense and shoots 38% from three while having championship experience, he can definitely be the last piece of the puzzle to get them there.

so Ibaka makes the Suns a championship contender huh.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul
Devin Booker
Mikal Bridges
Serge Ibaka
DeAndre Ayton

Cameron Payne
Dario Saric
Jevon Carter
Cam Johnson
10th pick
Veteran Minmimum Contratc

that team has one of the best starting lineups in the league. All can shoot 3s, two can create for themselves and everyone else, Ayton can create for himself and between Paul, Bridges, Ibaka and Ayton has four good to potentially great defenders.

and a solid bench to go with it.

anyone who can’t see the huge value of adding Ibaka as the final piece of the puzzle to that group is watching a different league than I am.

the question is what puzzle? If your puzzle ends with a playoff picture sure, but superstars win championships and this ain’t a championship contender with Ibaka

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One has to look at the whole equation.

no the quote I was responding to was “Ibaka makes this team a title contender”

I think Ayton taking the next step is something that would be 10x more valuable than Ibaka.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no the quote I was responding to was “Ibaka makes this team a title contender”

I think Ayton taking the next step is something that would be 10x more valuable than Ibaka.
Ayton taking the next step next to Ibaka is that much better

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His career has taken a positive turn since he transitioned to center. Would he want to go back to pf?

I thought it went the other way around? When he was with Harden and Westbrook, he was a center blocking everything. Then Toronto more of a stretch 4 with Gasol as center? I forget he was a 'Magic'.

His age, 31?? But he does seem a little older than that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought it went the other way around? When he was with Harden and Westbrook, he was a center blocking everything. Then Toronto more of a stretch 4 with Gasol as center? I forget he was a 'Magic'.

His stats are much better than I thought they would be. I'm good with Ibaka.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Ibaka would be a nice addition. My opinion of him changed a lot during the Raptors championship run. I thought he had fallen off quite a bit towards his last year in OKC and when he moved on to Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This rumor is probably about Vassell. There are a number of people who think he is a top 5 pick in this draft.

I would be fine with Toppin, Haliburtorn, Okongwu, or Vassell. One of these guys will probably be available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the question is what puzzle? If your puzzle ends with a playoff picture sure, but superstars win championships and this ain’t a championship contender with Ibaka

okay. I think you’re wrong. I think that’s a deep and versatile team... with a superstar in Booker, two stars with Paul and Ayton then depth, size and shooting up and down the roster. A team that’s something akin to the 2004/2005 Pistons.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except he wasn't. Gambo had been saying it FOR WEEKS

Gambo just said he “wouldn’t be surprised”; he never went further than that.

Flex came out and basically indicated it was a done deal days before it was called.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except he wasn't. Gambo had been saying it FOR WEEKS

Gambo just said he “wouldn’t be surprised”; he never went further than that.

Flex came out and basically indicated it was a done deal days before it was called.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Yeah, he was a stretch 4, but also anchored as a 5 in smaller bench lineups, usually with Siakam at the 4

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton taking the next step next to Ibaka is that much better

exactly. Ayton SHOULD take the next step regardless. So adding Ibaka to that would only solidify the front court in a way with defense, skill and even shooting that we’ve never seen before.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hilarious that Burns and Gambo don’t even know much if anything about the lottery picks. It’s your JOB lmao.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo supposedly had a pipeline into the Suns. It seems that has been gone for about a year now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not sure how the money would work there. He’s on the hook for $36 mill this year.

Not that I'm advocating for it, but there would probably be a way to use the cap space (plus some outgoing salary) to absorb Griffin, then do Paul as a straight over-the-cap trade.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no chance we could be talking about Blake Griffin, is there?

Virtually impossible for the Suns to take on his contract. As far as I can tell Booker would need to be included in any Griffin trade just to get salaries(even every other player combined outside of Booker doesn't make enough) to match. So whatever you feel the odds are of the Suns trading Booker for Griffin would be the chance of it happening.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not that I'm advocating for it, but there would probably be a way to use the cap space (plus some outgoing salary) to absorb Griffin, then do Paul as a straight over-the-cap trade.

Paul trade already went through from my understanding. Unless there is a failed physical it's official.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way I can see it is if Detroit buys him out and the Suns offset the salary by signing him for the mid-level and sending them a pick or something.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard