More happening?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thought I heard the Suns were not done with acquisitions. They going after free agents now or still thinking of trades? Any news out there?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couple rumors

the Suns got a deal in place to trade down for a vet on an expiring contract

Paul is bringing someone with him. Flex said teams aren’t going to be spending money this year. You’ll see a lot of guys sign 1 year deals for less than normal. It’s Galo from what I’m expecting

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins suggested the Suns are going to find a way to bring PJ Ticker back.

That has some serious potential as far as defensive lineups go. Wish they still had Oubre and his length, but they could roll out a lineup with Paul, Tucker, Bridges, Ayton, and Carter while Booker is getting his break. That would be one pesky defensive lineup.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That has some serious potential as far as defensive lineups go. Wish they still had Oubre and his length, but they could roll out a lineup with Paul, Tucker, Bridges, Ayton, and Carter while Booker is getting his break. That would be one pesky defensive lineup.

Maybe 3-4 years ago. Tucker's defense has fallen off a cliff of late.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So might Tyrese Haliburton. Too bad James Jones isn't interested in either...
You absolutely don’t know that. It’s likely he just doesn’t believe there is any chance Halliburton will be there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just cannot see how the details of a trade would work without giving up one of Mikal or Cam.

It would take the Rockets giving the Suns and PJ permission to agree on a FA contract and then the Rockets buy him out so he could be a free agent to sign it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe 3-4 years ago. Tucker's defense has fallen off a cliff of late.

Yeah he’s just a name at this point. He might be good in a limited role here but he’s not a starter anymore

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One player in this draft that might force the issue is LaMelo.

Also maybe Okwangu. He is from the same roots as Ball. I think they played on the same High School team.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what this guy is saying, this is about a player in the draft trying to push his way to the Suns.

Look at who the agents are. Look for phantom injuries.

I believe he is saying someone wants to be traded to the Sun's for the #10. This would explain why we didn't traded 2021 because then we would be stuck here

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what this guy is saying, this is about a player in the draft trying to push his way to the Suns.

Look at who the agents are. Look for phantom injuries.

The only injury I know about thus far is Okongwu. Maybe someone else.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe he is saying someone wants to be traded to the Sun's for the #10. This would explain why we didn't traded 2021 because then we would be stuck here

You can trade the pick on draft night and still trade next years pick. The rule isn't you can't go 2 consecutive years without a 1st round pick, it's you can't be without a first round pick in 2 consecutive future years. I think the main reason is the 2021 class looks really strong and early returns on the 2022 class look really weak unless the age restriction is gone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns could sign and trade Dario Saric and something else (Baynes or Kaminsky) plus #10 for Aaron Gordon and #15 in return?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, he said "a lot of top players IN THIS DRAFT" so that is how I took it.

CAA represents Book and CP3. They also represent Ball, Toppin, and Vassell. Just sayin.

This kind of push would be a very "Ball" kind of thing to do. The Ball family likes the Suns. Also, playing behind CP3 for two years with plenty of playing time because of his age looks like a pretty smart way for a young pg to enter the league.

This is total, total speculation and I have no idea how it could happen. I am not sure I want it to happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose