Monday Morning 12/4/17 Questions and Thoughts

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears traded up and with the second pick got Trubisky. People in Chicago are whining some about him now. Its not so easy to get a QBOF that way if you do not have a good supporting cast.
and a coach like John Fox to hold him back.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hmmm? Bill Belicheck does exactly this or at least he avoids giving bad contracts. i.e. Chandler Jones. I'll go with the BB m o.
It is easy to make those decisions when you have arguably the best QB in NFL history who is willing to take 14 mil per year as long as it is guaranteed.

My thoughts are Mathieu would get 10 mil in the open market. We are paying him 14 mil. What are we really going to use that 4 mil on? Karlos Dansby? Josh Mauro? Justin Bethel? If I had more confidence in Keim, I would say make the move. I just don't believe Keim can make the roster better with the 4 or 6 mil in cap savings by cutting Mathieu.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is easy to make those decisions when you have arguably the best QB in NFL history who is willing to take 14 mil per year as long as it is guaranteed.

My thoughts are Mathieu would get 10 mil in the open market. We are paying him 14 mil. What are we really going to use that 4 mil on? Karlos Dansby? Josh Mauro? Justin Bethel? If I had more confidence in Keim, I would say make the move. I just don't believe Keim can make the roster better with the 4 or 6 mil in cap savings by cutting Mathieu.
Bill Belicheck does this with the entire roster, not just Tom Brady. Spends money wisely and it all adds up when he needs to make roster moves.

Hard for me to believe T M gets $10 mm in open market.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard