Mock Draft has Cards taking OLB Zaven Collins, Tulsa

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see the Cardinals going this direction if they trade back a few spots and pick up a 3rd rounder. My only concern with Collins would be how long it takes for him to adjust to the NFL. It could be another Reddick "takes a few years before the light bulb turns on" situation seeing as he is coming from a smaller school.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sure doesn't. He doesn't deserve this level of credit, but I really struggle to see Keim stick at 16 and pick Zaven Collins. It seems too lazy of a move for a GM and HC with so much on the line.

right I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swing for the fences and make a run at Pits

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
general observation:

if there is one thing the Cards organization is good at, its keeping information inside the building.

i just find it unlikely that if they do really love Zaven Collins, that the info has leaked out of the building.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
general observation:

if there is one thing the Cards organization is good at, its keeping information inside the building.

i just find it unlikely that if they do really love Zaven Collins, that the info has leaked out of the building.

Really? Seems every draft everyone knows what we are going to do.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
yes

although we alternately want an owner who just lets football people make football decisions, but also an owner who tells football people what to do sometimes (snark not aimed at you QC)

the scenario is that the player you want-- lets say its Waddle -- is pitched as the next Tyreek Hill without the off the field baggage -- a player that will instantly become a top 3 punt returner and quickly a dangerous weapon to pair with DHOP. Totally worth burning next year's #1-- which will be in the late 20s anyway!

if an owner is going to tell his GM he cant do that, he might as well fire him right there.
Man, it's almost like the owner shouldn't fall for every sales pitch he gets especially when the guy plugging the sale is trying to do anything he can to make another million bucks plus off of him and save his job.

Only one year left on Keim's deal.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think this could be Keims last hurrah. They won’t say it out loud. But how many years should a GM get to rebuild a team.
Keim failed miserably 3 years ago believing we could keep the band together paying millions to Bradford AND Glennon. Then hiring Wilks. He runs this team like a fan.
Then he trades draft choices to obtain players to fill holes where he failed.
On top of all that his failure at the draft has put us in a position where ALL of his free agents and the first two picks this year must all hit.

And they won’t. Thus we are staring at an 8-9 season if we’re lucky. But I’ll be watching.
Would ant fans have signed Bradford and Glennon and hired Wilks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i dunno

Arians was a different guy, and so i think you have to disregard what happened during his tenure

but, even then:

Buccanon came out of nowhere
DJ Humphries came out of nowhere
Reddick came out of nowhere
Rosen was considered a possibility, but that was because QB was the no 1 need
Murray was the outlier, but they were drafting #1
Simmons was a possibility, but at #8 did we really know for sure that Simmons > Wirfs and Lamb?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At what cost do we trade up? Trade away some more valuable future draft picks and strap a new incoming GM?

Would Keim do that....sure!! He can't worry about the next GM. If hes trying to save his job I could see him wanting to go "all in". MB will have to step in and tell him next years picks are off limits, but I don't know if he does that.

The only player in the entire draft I would trade next years picks for is Jamar Chase.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would Keim do that....sure!! He can't worry about the next GM. If hes trying to save his job I could see him wanting to go "all in". MB will have to step in and tell him next years picks are off limits, but I don't know if he does that.

The only player in the entire draft I would trade next years picks for is Jamar Chase.

I think you might be on to something, and maybe some of next year’s picks will be enough to move up. Jaycee Horn is, by the way, the only I would do it for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you might be on to something, and maybe some of next year’s picks will be enough to move up. Jaycee Horn is, by the way, the only I would do it for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like Horn, but Im not trading any of next years picks for him. I would trade our 2nd to move up and get a player....but next years picks...for me Chase is the only one worth it.

I have chase ranked as the #1 WR prospect of the last 3 years.....significantly ahead of CeeDee Lamb as #2.

He reminds me of Anquan Boldin so much, and I think he is going to be a super star.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yep. Every year I know there is only a handful of players the cards may draft. This year is no different.

If we stay at 16, and the 2 corners and 3 wr are gone - I know the Cards are either picking Collins, Harris, or Vera Tucker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson