Mobile vs Desktop

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S3 that is loading a pretty clean and simple mobile version (not tapatalk) of ASFN, but my Nexus 7 is loading the desktop version. I like the mobile version on my phone and want to try it out on my Nexus, but I'm not able to get the mobile version. I use Chrome on both devices.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about and perhaps provide some assistance?

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've attached a screenshot of the mobile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-10-46-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-10-46-58.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 104

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The mobile detection software that is loaded hasn't been updated yet to detect tablets, just phones. When they update it to detect tablets, I will add it in right away. Until then, it just only works with a phone.

You can manually change the skin on your tablet by going down to the bottom of the site and click on the drop down menu(bottom left) and choose the Mobile Skin and it will change the skin for you, BUT, once you change it on your tablet, it will also change it on your desktop to when you visit the site on your desktop. Just so you know. You could change it back to the desktop theme when you are on your desktop by scrolling down to the bottom of the mobile skin and click on the "Full Site" link. You can go back and forth with this all you want. Just may take a little more time but could be worth it if you like the mobile skin on your tablet.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been browsing this website on mobile for a loong time, and never knew that it had a mobile skin! I feel like I have a new toy, this is awesome!

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The mobile detection software that is loaded hasn't been updated yet to detect tablets, just phones. When they update it to detect tablets, I will add it in right away. Until then, it just only works with a phone.

You can manually change the skin on your tablet by going down to the bottom of the site and click on the drop down menu(bottom left) and choose the Mobile Skin and it will change the skin for you, BUT, once you change it on your tablet, it will also change it on your desktop to when you visit the site on your desktop. Just so you know. You could change it back to the desktop theme when you are on your desktop by scrolling down to the bottom of the mobile skin and click on the "Full Site" link. You can go back and forth with this all you want. Just may take a little more time but could be worth it if you like the mobile skin on your tablet.

Sorry,

I forgot to check back. This explains a lot. Thanks.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I prefer the desktop version. Is there anyway to load that on Android? I try to "Request Desktop Site" but it just reloads the mobile site.

Specifically, I do not like the inability to jump to the last page of threads. Also the space to enter a page number shuts my keyboard before allowing me to type a number, forcing me to scroll through every page one at a time.

Running Android 5.1 on a non-rooted Droid Turbo.

Thank you

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I prefer the desktop version. Is there anyway to load that on Android? I try to "Request Desktop Site" but it just reloads the mobile site.

Specifically, I do not like the inability to jump to the last page of threads. Also the space to enter a page number shuts my keyboard before allowing me to type a number, forcing me to scroll through every page one at a time.

Running Android 5.1 on a non-rooted Droid Turbo.

Thank you

Are you viewing the site a Tapatalk or the mobile skin that is pictured above in this thread? If you are viewing the site thought the mobile skin (not Tapatalk), there is a link at the bottom of the site that says "Full Site". Click that link and it will take you to the desktop version.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without tapatalk I would never come here on my phone, I recommend it if you dont have it.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Are you viewing the site a Tapatalk or the mobile skin that is pictured above in this thread? If you are viewing the site thought the mobile skin (not Tapatalk), there is a link at the bottom of the site that says "Full Site". Click that link and it will take you to the desktop version.

Awesome! Thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn