MLB Draft.. Who do you want Arizona to take?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
The draft is under 24 hours away. Who do you want Arizona to select? Who do you see them selecting?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jeff Hoffman, Sean Newcomb, Bradley Zimmer , Tyler Beede in that order. I like the idea of Monte Harrison but not sure if he will sign(just don't know enough about his situation).

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With 5 of the first 89 picks there is a lot of opportunity to rebuild the farm and a lot of pressure on Ray Montgomery. My draft theory is you take college hitters and good HS pitchers (3 years less arm wear and tear than college pitchers). But this year the guy I'm hoping makes it to #16 (he should barring a surprise) is Jacob Gatewood. Kid was projected Top 5 going into the summer but stock has dropped. None the less can play OF, 3B & SS (has probably outgrown the position at 6'5) and has a bat that should translate well in the bigs and speed.

Funny thing is we see draft as a sign for hope of the future, Towers sees it as an opportunity to acquire expensive, over the hill pitchers or hitters who can't hit. Hopefully he is gone after the season.

Last edited:

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm seeing last minute mocks that have Kyle Freeland and Grant Holmes possibly falling to us. They would both be nice as well.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff Hoffman, Sean Newcomb, Bradley Zimmer , Tyler Beede in that order. I like the idea of Monte Harrison but not sure if he will sign(just don't know enough about his situation).

Hoffman - gone at #9

Three teams left to pick in front of Dbacks - rest still there

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks take: RHP Touki Toussaint, Coral Springs Christian HS (Miami)

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a bad option really. Only been pitching/playing baseball for six or seven years. I guess we will see in four or five years.

aznando

Rookie
Reaction score
So two very weird things happened at the draft today. One, the Dbacks literally took the 3 players I wanted them to take in those positions for their first 3 picks. I think Touki was a great pick. I know they wanted Zimmer, but when Touki fell you had to take him. Has a very good fastball that is going to get better and a sick Curveball. In the second round I was hoping Harrison or Gettys would fall but when they both didn't, I really liked the big lefty from down south Cody Reed. He throws mid 90's with a Slurve and his Change-up is getting better. Pick 3 I really wanted Macrus Wilson. I saw him play at the Perfect Game All American Game at Petco. He's got more tools than Home Depot, still raw and strikes out more than I would like, but can run, hit, hit for power and has a decent arm in the OF. Didn't know much about the kid we got 4th from MA, Diaz, but it felt like with the first 3 picks, LaRussa/Towers were reading my mind. LOL The 2nd thing that was odd about the picks, is that 3 of the 4 were committed to go to Vanderbilt. So we stole a good amount of their 2014 Recruiting Class. I'm sure the rest of the SEC thanks us.

Aznando

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn