Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning (Part One) (aka M:I 7)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Half the movie was boring as hell but I enjoyed it. It sits firmly in the #5 range of MI movies. Tommy seems like he’s 10 years older than his Fallout performance but still a beast.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruise does it again…

This was fantastic. Beginning to end. Thought 2 hours and 45 would be too long but man was I wrong. Can’t wait for the next installment.
You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Saw it a second time and it was more clear this time around but the Gabriel character is just bad. After 7 movies you run out of villains and have to go with the stolen plutonium or AI story but that character was terrible.

An underrated aspect to the MI series is Hunt’s women/partners. Not exactly Bond girls but…

Emmanuelle Beart
Thandie Newton
Keri Russell
Michelle Monaghan
Paula Patton
Rebecca Ferguson
Vanessa Kirby
Hayley Atwell

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IDK, but is anyone like me who doesn't want to see part one of anything until part two is out and you can watch both back to back?
By the time part 2 comes out, you'll rewatch part 1 anyway. But part 1 is the best action movie of the summer, so it's up to you.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was highly entertaining, loved it. The Mrs. didn't like it though. Oh well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One’ fighting an uphill box office battle after vanishing from over 1100 theaters​

Heading into the release of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One, everyone was operating under the assumption that Tom Cruise would do exactly what he did last year when Top Gun: Maverick arrived and drag the box office by the scruff of its neck to where it needed to be after a string of high-profile bombs.

Unfortunately, that hasn’t turned out to be the case, with the seventh installment in the long-running espionage franchise finding itself falling well short of expectations, something that’s been the case ever since its opening weekend. Of course, nothing stood a chance in the face of Barbenheimer, but M:I 7 hasn’t even been able to keep pace with surprise breakout sensation Sound of Freedom.

As if Cruise being forced to cede the majority of IMAX screens to Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer wasn’t enough, Dead Reckoning Part One is now shedding a massive number of screens in its third frame. By dropping out of over 1100 locations nationwide, the writing could be on the wall for the movie’s chances of finding any sort of notable traction among domestic audiences.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

‘Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One’ fighting an uphill box office battle after vanishing from over 1100 theaters​

Heading into the release of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One, everyone was operating under the assumption that Tom Cruise would do exactly what he did last year when Top Gun: Maverick arrived and drag the box office by the scruff of its neck to where it needed to be after a string of high-profile bombs.

Unfortunately, that hasn’t turned out to be the case, with the seventh installment in the long-running espionage franchise finding itself falling well short of expectations, something that’s been the case ever since its opening weekend. Of course, nothing stood a chance in the face of Barbenheimer, but M:I 7 hasn’t even been able to keep pace with surprise breakout sensation Sound of Freedom.

As if Cruise being forced to cede the majority of IMAX screens to Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer wasn’t enough, Dead Reckoning Part One is now shedding a massive number of screens in its third frame. By dropping out of over 1100 locations nationwide, the writing could be on the wall for the movie’s chances of finding any sort of notable traction among domestic audiences.
I swear it's the part one thing. Everyone I know, we talk about two part movies, and the part ones go on our watch it when it streams list.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I swear it's the part one thing. Everyone I know, we talk about two part movies, and the part ones go on our watch it when it streams list.
This! The part 1 movies are giving me a lot of pause right now when you combine it with the strikes. I've held off on both this and Spiderverse due to it. With both part 2s probably not coming until at least 2025 I don't have much motivation to see half the story. I'll most likely waiting on both even when the UHD is out and waiting until we're close the part 2 releases.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This! The part 1 movies are giving me a lot of pause right now when you combine it with the strikes. I've held off on both this and Spiderverse due to it. With both part 2s probably not coming until at least 2025 I don't have much motivation to see half the story. I'll most likely waiting on both even when the UHD is out and waiting until we're close the part 2 releases.
I saw Spiderverse not knowing it was a part one. I really liked it, but towards the end you can sense, this movie is not going to be resolved in this episode.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They work if you know when the next one is coming out - like when The Lord of Rings was filmed at the same times mostly so they could schedule all three movies at the same time

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They work if you know when the next one is coming out - like when The Lord of Rings was filmed at the same times mostly so they could schedule all three movies at the same time
Totally agree. I had been planning to watch this and Spiderverse before the strike. It's the uncertainty of when we'll get the conclusion that's making me pause until it's known. Dune is a good comparison for me. I held off on it until they announced that they were doing part 2 for a similar reason.

LotR had a different reaction to me since I knew they filmed all 3 at the same time so there was no need to wait and see if they were coming. I remember walking out of the midnight showing of Fellowship though thinking "I have to be really careful the next 2 years to not die so that I can see all of them." ;)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Does this mean no part 2? I thought this was fantastic.
I'm with @Chaplin that this is just marketing. They shot the two movies back to back. If you remember back this time last year they were being made fun of pretty good for the title. Mission Impossible 7: Dead Reckoning Part 1 is pretty ridiculous. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with @Chaplin that this is just marketing. They shot the two movies back to back. If you remember back this time last year they were being made fun of pretty good for the title. Mission Impossible 7: Dead Reckoning Part 1 is pretty ridiculous. :)
They didn’t really shoot the two movies back to back. That was a weird narrative they put out there but that first movie was shot during height of Covid in 2020-2021, when Cruise had his outburst.

Filming on what was supposed to be the sequel started last year and was sidelined by the strike and why they’re still filming in 2024 and the movie was pushed to 2025.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They didn’t really shoot the two movies back to back. That was a weird narrative they put out there but that first movie was shot during height of Covid in 2020-2021, when Cruise had his outburst.

Filming on what was supposed to be the sequel started last year and was sidelined by the strike and why they’re still filming in 2024 and the movie was pushed to 2025.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I've always seen it reported as back to back filming.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
watched this last night....gotta say I think this will be the last in the series once they complete part 2... AI supercomputer that knows everything and can predict the future...villains dont get much more impossible to face than that.

really enjoyed the movie though...easy flow with great action sequences.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched this last night....gotta say I think this will be the last in the series once they complete part 2... AI supercomputer that knows everything and can predict the future...villains dont get much more impossible to face than that.

really enjoyed the movie though...easy flow with great action sequences.

If you get a chance, there's a number of youtube cuts that go through the stunts, in particular the cliff jump and the train wreck. Worth the watch.

Cruise is one crazy SOB.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson