Miller Time

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not going to 100% believe it until I see his signature on the dotted line and his introduction at the press conference.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Mao, when he is in Tucson with his name on signed, I will beleive it. Until then, Livengood could still mess it up.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
They are confirming Miller-to-AZ on the Xavier forums, for what that's worth. Man, what a week! I've been having mood swings like a 50-year-old broad.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
For all those who doubted Calipari's strong interest in Arizona you can look no further than this hire.

Miller has been consulting with Calipari since expressing interest in the job. Calipari closed Miller to Arizona, not Livengood.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
God bless John Calipari. Can we make him our AD when he retires after winning the next 6 National Championships?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I made the analogy that Tim Floyd was like getting up and down to bogey. Well, getting Sean Miller is like holing out from 150 to birdie after going in the water off the tee.

Certainly more in line with the 10-20 range of coaches, which makes sense. Definitely a better hire than Floyd.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Certainly more in line with the 10-20 range of coaches, which makes sense. Definitely a better hire than Floyd.

Definitely top 20 coach. XU is a preseason top 10 team next year in the A-10 and has advanced to the Sweet 16 or further in the last two years.

We'll be competing with UCLA again by 2012 if this holds up.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. If true, wow. And get off Livengood's back. This would be a superior hire. Congratulations Cats (with crossed fingers).

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
We shouldnt have to get off Livengood's back. He should "retire" soon before he does any more damage.

Keep in mind he went after Tim Floyd before Miller and nobody who supports the program was very happy about that.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Wow. If true, wow. And get off Livengood's back. This would be a superior hire. Congratulations Cats (with crossed fingers).
Yeah, we should get off his back because Livengood was lucky enough to have John Calipari sell the job to Miller when he could not. Fortunately, we have no more major hires left for at least the next 5-7 years so he's done screwing things up.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
A big 'thank you' to Tim Floyd, as well. His turning down the job allowed us to snag Miller.

Xavier has a 'no nepotism' policy, so Miller couldn't hire his brother Archie who is the lead recruiter at THE Ohio St. University. Safe to assume that Arch will also be coming to AZ.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
A big 'thank you' to Tim Floyd, as well. His turning down the job allowed us to snag Miller.

Xavier has a 'no nepotism' policy, so Miller couldn't hire his brother Archie who is the lead recruiter at THE Ohio St. University. Safe to assume that Arch will also be coming to AZ.
Yes! Thank you Tim Floyd for saving Jim Livengood from his own stupidity.

Looks like we're going to get at least top 100 guy from XU as they're rumored to be releasing Kevin Parrom. Our 2010 class should be pretty ridiculous as well but in the meantime Arizona fans need to be hoping as many jobs as possible turn over.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I am so happy about this (reported) hire! Welcome Sean Miller! From everything I've read he is the complete coach and should be here a long time. GO CATS!!!!

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man.. Could this soap opera have ANY MORE TWISTS???

Golly, this is crazy, a very good hire if this is true, time to see how he does in the PAC-10..

Gotta say also, the dynamic between teacher and student is going to be fascinating.. with Sendek basically teaching Miller everything, giving him his first asst. job and then having him be his top assistant while at NC State...

But the bottom line is Miller did a VERY good job at Xavier, HOWEVER, the one time they played ASU, They were ranked #17, and ASU thumped them by 22, at the time looked at like Sendek knew Miller's tendencies and completely outcoached his prodigy... Lets hope this is a pattern!!

I personally can't WAIT to see how it plays out, I think it is a good hire for UofA, I really do, and I am excited to see the battles between him and Herb over the next few years!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, if Cal is truly to thank for this, then that should also prove that he would have taken this job if Kentucky had not opened up. Which means Livendouche can spin it into "it was not my fault we lost Cal, but hey we got Miller."

Livengood still has to go.

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Sendek being rumored to have a desire to go back East is nothing new.

But the bottom line is Miller did a VERY good job at Xavier, HOWEVER, the one time they played ASU, They were ranked #17, and ASU thumped them by 22, at the time looked at like Sendek knew Miller's tendencies and completely outcoached his prodigy... Lets hope this is a pattern!!
You mean the year he took Xavier to the Elite 8? You guys can beat us in every game for the rest of human existence if it means Arizona is in the regional finals every year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard