Miller once again does it again!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justice Winslow and Stanley Johnson are good friends, but Winslow went to Duke anyway. We had a good chance at him, too.

Jeter is all but Duke bound. It would take something astronomical for that to change. Same goes for Rabb to Zona. The general consensus is he's going to Tucson. I simply don't see Rabb and Jeter on the same team.

Did you read the interview with Jeter's dad?

Among other things he implied he thinks Rabb is going to UA(we all do), and he outright said he thinks Chase is a 3/4 and doesn't want him going anywhere that has too many bigs, and he thinks 3 is too many he said they are keeping tabs on other bigs to make sure Chase doesn't go to the same school. Won't go where Zimmerman goes(long been rumored the dad confirmed it). Not sure what he expects Duke to do they have to recruit other bigs especially if you think Chase is a 3/4 when he's really a 5/4.

At first I thought he meant he wanted Chase at a school that has a 5 so he doesn't have to play 5 but then he elaborated he simply doesn't want the possibility that Chase might not start as a freshman. too bad the kid doesn't seem to have that mindset but the dad was a backup on some talented UNLV teams maybe he thinks he got shorted?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you read the interview with Jeter's dad?

Among other things he implied he thinks Rabb is going to UA(we all do), and he outright said he thinks Chase is a 3/4 and doesn't want him going anywhere that has too many bigs, and he thinks 3 is too many he said they are keeping tabs on other bigs to make sure Chase doesn't go to the same school. Won't go where Zimmerman goes(long been rumored the dad confirmed it). Not sure what he expects Duke to do they have to recruit other bigs especially if you think Chase is a 3/4 when he's really a 5/4.

At first I thought he meant he wanted Chase at a school that has a 5 so he doesn't have to play 5 but then he elaborated he simply doesn't want the possibility that Chase might not start as a freshman. too bad the kid doesn't seem to have that mindset but the dad was a backup on some talented UNLV teams maybe he thinks he got shorted?

Does Jeter even have a perimeter game to play the 3? Sounds a lot like Aaron Gordon who kept insisting he was a 2/3 and didn't want to play the post. Well the post is where he will be playing in the NBA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Jeter even have a perimeter game to play the 3? Sounds a lot like Aaron Gordon who kept insisting he was a 2/3 and didn't want to play the post. Well the post is where he will be playing in the NBA.

Jeter is a good player but yeah he's not a 3.

I think it's the dad though not him. I guess he's assuming Duke won't have any bigs when the kid gets there.

Rabb IMO is the best kid in the class. Allegedly UCLA has a real shot at Diamond Stone, friends with Looney apparently UCLA has some ties to him, but I actually think Rabb is the better prospect. Stone is stronger and overpowers kids but Rabb is longer and much more athletic. Rabb has been my favorite player in the class for awhile.

His mom is being fairly coy about it but Evan Daniels made a comment the other day that everyone you talk to on the circuit says realistically UK is the only team other than UA that has any chance. That nobody believes he's seriously considering UCLA or Kansas he's just got them on the list for name recognition and because they're not Nike schools and he doesn't like the implication he's just a Nike kid.

One of the more intriguing things about Simon and Dorsey is they're both playing for Adidas AAU teams so really good gets for Miller.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about Vance Jackson? I see Miller has offered him a scholarship. He is a small forward from St. John Bosco.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about Vance Jackson? I see Miller has offered him a scholarship. He is a small forward from St. John Bosco.

Played with Dorsey and Daniel Hamilton. UCLA is on him too, in fact the claim is he's become the top priority at the 3 for both schools because Bennie Boatwright apparently turned lots of schools off with his recent behavior. UCLA has backed off Boatwright, not dropped him but backed off, and UA is cooling on him too, he was apparently booted off his AAU team.

Both teams were already recruiting Jackson but have now bumped him ahead of Boatwright.

UA is also the reputed leader for SF Ray Smith in the 15 class. He sort of "concerned" people the other day in an interview when he admitted "Coach Ron" is both coaching him and advising him on his recruitment, coach Ron is Shabazz' dad.

Edit, after Pangos, UA is apparently the clear leader for Ray Smith. UCLA allegedly leads for Vance Jackson in the next class btw but give Alford a chance to screw that up, he seems to have an aversion to recruiting more than one local kid in any one class and he already has Lonzo Ball in that class.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NM

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently one of the rumors was somewhat true, 2 days after doing an interview with Scout.com where he insisted he's still committed to UA but is keeping an open mind, Tyler Dorsey has apparently opened up his recruitment. Says he's still considering UA but has UCLA and USC on his list. Also as I mentioned strong rumor Duke is heavily involved.

The brightside for UA fans, they're not out of it, and it's apparently triggered by UA's interest and strong position with Isiah Briscoe.

Update at least one person who's normally pretty tied in says he can't confirm that Dorsey has decommitted but can confirm that almost everyone expects he will after the U18 national team is done. And apparently UA won't be all that unhappy if/when he does, his people are apparently pushing again for promises on what position he'll play and UA has Simon and thinks they're getting Briscoe so they're refusing to make any promises.

If the guy is not 100% committed to play at the UofA, I don't want him. Miller will have no problem getting someone else. I have heard Allonzo Trier is very interested in the UofA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NM

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NM

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Yep, Dorsey decommited today.

@Wildcat_Country: Five-Star Guard Tyler Dorsey statement on his #Arizona decommit #BearDown
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, Dorsey decommited today.

@Wildcat_Country: Five-Star Guard Tyler Dorsey statement on his #Arizona decommit #BearDown
You must be registered for see images

Reading more about him, I am not upset at all. I want someone who is fully committed and I don't see Miller having any problem getting a top recruit to replace him, like Trier.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sucks, but he will be replaced fairly easily.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NM

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA gets commit from Col State transfer guard Jon Octeus.

Why do you continue to post about UCLA in an Arizona thread? Nobody cares. We have a college sports forum, post in there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you continue to post about UCLA in an Arizona thread? Nobody cares. We have a college sports forum, post in there.

Yes sir won't post again

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I don't post much -- but I do have to say, while I understand the not posting UCLA stuff in an Arizona thread, not sure that was the right approach on it.

Russ comes with some solid pac-12 news and observations that relate to both schools quite often that I'm not aware of and its not like it's really causing the traffic in the Arizona boards to stop since it's a ghost town lately.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Ray Smith, big time player with a lot of swagger. Moreno from Rivals believes UA can land (5) five-star recruits this year...Miller on the way with 2 already.

Would be a hell of a class if we could get Rabb, Zimmerman, Comanche, and Trier with Smith and Simon

TJ

Reaction score
Would be a hell of a class if we could get Rabb, Zimmerman, Comanche, and Trier with Smith and Simon

Beauty of having all 5 starters from 14-15 leaving--plenty of room for elite talent. Rabb should be in the bag. Trier as well.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ho hum. :D I am hearing it is looking good about Trier.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Beauty of having all 5 starters from 14-15 leaving--plenty of room for elite talent. Rabb should be in the bag. Trier as well.

Was there someone who posted after Pangos tournament that UNC had emerged as a possible leader for Rabb and that he was no longer a UA lock? I think Rabb ends up at UA but I think it will be close between UA & UNC.

TJ

Reaction score
What does Miller do? Just gets 5* guys

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose