Miller once again does it again!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marshall Cherrington ‏@mcherrington22 21m
#Arizona is getting a good one in Parker Jackson-Cartwright. Hesitation is so good and once he's by you, he's gone. Great vision as well.

Man, I thought this was getting bumped to indicate Miller landed another big recruit like Ivan Rabb or Steven Zimmerman.

UA's 2013 4 man recruiting class is definitely impressive, the least known, SG Kadeem Allen is a 4-star JUCO according to Rivals and his offer list had some big time programs on it. I think 2015 will be even more impressive if recruiting analyst's predictions are come to pass.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Man, I thought this was getting bumped to indicate Miller landed another big recruit like Ivan Rabb or Steven Zimmerman.

UA's 2013 4 man recruiting class is definitely impressive, the least known, SG Kadeem Allen is a 4-star JUCO according to Rivals and his offer list had some big time programs on it. I think 2015 will be even more impressive if recruiting analyst's predictions are come to pass.

2014 isn't going to be illustrious like the past few classes have been, but it'll still be great.

My hope (pipe dream) is Gordon realizes after this season that he would benefit immensely from an extra year of college ball and comes back, making next year's team just as lethal.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Beyond Rabb who do they expect UA to get? Rabb appears to be a virtual lock for UA with the Soldiers connections, but beyond that pretty hard to say.

Everything I hear says UA isn't really a factor for Zimmerman right now, for awhile we were being told Kansas led, now we're being told it's UCLA and UNLV although Kentucky apparently is still involved. Much of that my guess is that Zimmerman and Rabb probably don't want to play together in college although their games would actually fit together well.

Rabb is by far my favorite player in that class but don't see any way Alford is going to get in well enough to get him. about the only way UA loses him is if UNC somehow convinces him, the kid grew up a UNC fan apparently.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Beyond Rabb who do they expect UA to get? Rabb appears to be a virtual lock for UA with the Soldiers connections, but beyond that pretty hard to say.

Everything I hear says UA isn't really a factor for Zimmerman right now, for awhile we were being told Kansas led, now we're being told it's UCLA and UNLV although Kentucky apparently is still involved. Much of that my guess is that Zimmerman and Rabb probably don't want to play together in college although their games would actually fit together well.

Rabb is by far my favorite player in that class but don't see any way Alford is going to get in well enough to get him. about the only way UA loses him is if UNC somehow convinces him, the kid grew up a UNC fan apparently.

http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Zimmerman-19162

I believe Jerry Meyer is a big UCLA fan but he thinks Zimmerman ends up at UA (which is surprising). In fact 79% of the 14 analysts polled think UA gets him. Now, who really knows as a recruitment can turn quickly. 247 also predicts Rabb & Isaiah Briscoe a 5-star PG out of NJ will end up playing for Sean Miller. Again, I stated if analysts predictions are correct UA's 2015 class will be huge in terms of talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Zimmerman-19162

I believe Jerry Meyer is a big UCLA fan but he thinks Zimmerman ends up at UA (which is surprising). In fact 79% of the 14 analysts polled think UA gets him. Now, who really knows as a recruitment can turn quickly. 247 also predicts Rabb & Isaiah Briscoe a 5-star PG out of NJ will end up playing for Sean Miller. Again, I stated if analysts predictions are correct UA's 2015 class will be huge in terms of talent.

Meyer played college ball in Tennessee at Lipscomb, I think he's actually from Minnesota or somewhere like that. he has absolutely no connection to UCLA. In fact since they started doing the crystal ball stuff there has been one top 25 player that committed to a school that had 0 votes, and that was Kevon Looney to UCLA. Meyer explained it at the time said he nearly changed his vote to Looney when he heard some rumors but said he had no good connections to UCLA because Alford and staff were so new. That pick on Zimmerman is from June, at that time UA and Kansas were thought to be out in front hasn't been that way for awhile. The way that site works is Meyer changes his pick and a bunch of people follow suit, he's actually chastised people on Twitter for just following his picks, says it defeats the purpose of his board.

Gershon says UA isn't among his top schools now. But the kid changes his list fairly regularly, wouldn't surprise if he did again. I think if UNC somehow got Rabb, that would certainly push UA to go harder after Zimmerman. My understanding is right now they're pushing for Comanche and Zimmerman and they have also offered Marquese Criss from Elk Grove who the whole Pac 12 is starting to get involved with, really athletic kid.

the problem UA has with bigs is obvious, they have no idea who's still going to be there when they arrive.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meyer played college ball in Tennessee at Lipscomb, I think he's actually from Minnesota or somewhere like that. he has absolutely no connection to UCLA. In fact since they started doing the crystal ball stuff there has been one top 25 player that committed to a school that had 0 votes, and that was Kevon Looney to UCLA. Meyer explained it at the time said he nearly changed his vote to Looney when he heard some rumors but said he had no good connections to UCLA because Alford and staff were so new. That pick on Zimmerman is from June, at that time UA and Kansas were thought to be out in front hasn't been that way for awhile. The way that site works is Meyer changes his pick and a bunch of people follow suit, he's actually chastised people on Twitter for just following his picks, says it defeats the purpose of his board.

Gershon says UA isn't among his top schools now. But the kid changes his list fairly regularly, wouldn't surprise if he did again. I think if UNC somehow got Rabb, that would certainly push UA to go harder after Zimmerman. My understanding is right now they're pushing for Comanche and Zimmerman and they have also offered Marquese Criss from Elk Grove who the whole Pac 12 is starting to get involved with, really athletic kid.

the problem UA has with bigs is obvious, they have no idea who's still going to be there when they arrive.

Hey, I'm not saying any of these guys will be correct, but according to 247 Zimmerman visited UA in December, I know Gershon is well in the know with UA basketball but why did Zimmerman visit last month if he is not interested? I also agree that until UA knows whether or not Ashley & Tarc will be back next year its hard to determine what exactly they will need and how much playing time they can offer a kid.

I personally think barring a monster tournament performance from Tarc & Ashley they will return to school as currently they are not projected to go in the 1st round of the draft, only Gordon is a lock to bolt after this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not saying any of these guys will be correct, but according to 247 Zimmerman visited UA in December, I know Gershon is well in the know with UA basketball but why did Zimmerman visit last month if he is not interested? I also agree that until UA knows whether or not Ashley & Tarc will be back next year its hard to determine what exactly they will need and how much playing time they can offer a kid.

I personally think barring a monster tournament performance from Tarc & Ashley they will return to school as currently they are not projected to go in the 1st round of the draft, only Gordon is a lock to bolt after this year.

the same reason Tyler Dorsey visited 2 days after all the UA insiders started saying UA wasn't seriously recruiting him because he wants to play PG. Because UA wants them and is trying to get back in with them. Note my post was wrong I said UA is pushing for Zimmerman, I meant to say Rabb, UA right now isn't recruiting Zimmerman as hard as they were before. Part of that is they're doing better with Rabb and Comanche, part of that is they're aware that Zimmerman is looking more at other schools so they're prioritizing.

Zimmerman is one of those catch 22 recruits IMO, he's a WC kid, UCLA essentially HAS to go hard after him his stepmom went to UCLA, the family likes UCLA and loves Alford, and he's good. But he's made it perfectly clear he's a one and done, and he doesn't want to play the post he wants to be a face up 4 almost a 3. So there's some "issues" with him where you have to decide are we better off getting Comanche or Jeter or someone like that who will stay longer and won't be so concerned about how they're used.

I'd be amazed if Ashley comes back but we'll see, his plan all along has been 2 years that's been in place since before he got to UA. I agree he should stay but I doubt he does. Tarc I agree should and will stay.

UA is very likely going to get Rabb and Rabb IMO might turn out to be the best big recruit UA has ever had, he might be for only 1 year but that kid is REALLY special.

That class is far enough off it's hard to say who's getting what but I expect both UA and UCLA to do very well in 15. It's interesting if UCLA gets Daniel Hamilton as many still expect, UCLA will be very close to UA's 14 class, 4 bigs 2 of them probably top 25 by the end of the year, and Hamilton would be a nice class. Considering how poorly Alford started recruiting his finish has been nice.

I love UA's class I really like Victor, I think Johnson is a very good college player, I think PJC is a 4 year guy who if he can finally stay healthy will be very good. I don't know Allen but I've heard he can play. And I suspect UA will probably get another kid somewhere like the kid Oliver from Sacramento.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now let's hope Sean Miller can get Ivan Rabb. From what I have heard, it's looking good.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Guess you were right about 247. They had Dorsey pegged for Duke. The biggest target for UA in 2015 is Rabb so hopefully comes into the fold. If what you say about Zimmerman is true in that he doesn't want to be a post player then UA should pass.

Dorsey is a huge commit, let's just see where Miller plays him as PJC will still be at UA when he arrives.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess you were right about 247. They had Dorsey pegged for Duke. The biggest target for UA in 2015 is Rabb so hopefully comes into the fold. If what you say about Zimmerman is true in that he doesn't want to be a post player then UA should pass.

Dorsey is a huge commit, let's just see where Miller plays him as PJC will still be at UA when he arrives.

Oh I don't know a thing about Zimmerman he changes all the time, people list him as a 5 but he plays more like a 3.

Dorsey is a great get for Miller because as I said the other day UA fans were beign told by insiders UA had backed off Dorsey and informed him of that on his visit. So either Miller convinced him you ought to commit now before we move on, or you should come here and play the 2, or both. In any case he got a terrific prospect and did a great job getting him.

I've said repeatedly on BRO I didnt' want Dorsey I wanted Holiday and Hemsley(who we're really not recruiting much) or Simon. The main reason is too many kids who arent' PG's wanting to be PG's on the same roster. UA doesn't have that issue so for THEM, Dorsey is a perfect fit. At UCLA him reunited with Isaac, and maybe Daniel, with Bryce, that's 3 non PG's wanting to play the 1 and 3 shoot first kids I think it would have been a bad fit.

The big concern is Dorsey was CLEARLY the top target for Alford so losing him so soon after it wsa thought he was a co leader has to concern Alford.

If he can get Simon or Holiday it'll work out but he still has to get them.

TJ

Reaction score
Beat UCLA, land 5* recruit the following day

Just another week in the life of Sean Miller.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Right now everyone expects Rabb to UA.

I'm surprised they have Simon to UCLA, 5 of 6 picks including Jerry meyer, they just offered him a few days ago and UA was the leader and is still recruiting him very hard trying to convince him there's room for him with PJC, Dorsey, Senior Kadeem Allen, Senior Gabe York and Junior Elliott Pitts.

UCLA has quite a bit of room to make up on Simon although I certainly hope they're right.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lotta rumor out there Justin Simon is still seriously considering UA even with PJC and now Dorsey. Originally they said he and Dorsey wouldn't play together in college but apparently Simon has rethought that. UCLA only recently offered Simon, about 10 days ago, and is going after him but they got a much later start than UA did on him with Alford being new.

Ironically the kid I really want UCLA to get, Jeremy Hemsley, still has no UCLA offer. Kid grew up a UCLA fan, says they're his dream school, is an even better athlete than Simon, who's a great athlete, but he's not a good shooter and apparently Alford is concerned about that.

But it's entirely possible UA gets Dorsey and Simon in 15, and UCLA gets Holiday and hopefully gets Hemsley.

Also hearing that Rabb is completely open, insisting the rumors he's a UA lean are not true. Zimmerman is denying rumors he'd dropped UA says they're still very much in the mix for him. And both UCLA and UA seem to be coming around to the idea that Chance Comanche might be a better get than Zimmerman because he isn't determined to be a 1 and done.

Also hearing talk that Zimmerman likes UCLA because he's convinced with Welsh and Parker there, he won't have to play the C position. Which is my whole objection to Zimmerman he's a bit soft, I much prefer Rabb.

TJ

Reaction score
Lotta rumor out there Justin Simon is still seriously considering UA even with PJC and now Dorsey. Originally they said he and Dorsey wouldn't play together in college but apparently Simon has rethought that. UCLA only recently offered Simon, about 10 days ago, and is going after him but they got a much later start than UA did on him with Alford being new.

Ironically the kid I really want UCLA to get, Jeremy Hemsley, still has no UCLA offer. Kid grew up a UCLA fan, says they're his dream school, is an even better athlete than Simon, who's a great athlete, but he's not a good shooter and apparently Alford is concerned about that.

But it's entirely possible UA gets Dorsey and Simon in 15, and UCLA gets Holiday and hopefully gets Hemsley.

Also hearing that Rabb is completely open, insisting the rumors he's a UA lean are not true. Zimmerman is denying rumors he'd dropped UA says they're still very much in the mix for him. And both UCLA and UA seem to be coming around to the idea that Chance Comanche might be a better get than Zimmerman because he isn't determined to be a 1 and done.

Also hearing talk that Zimmerman likes UCLA because he's convinced with Welsh and Parker there, he won't have to play the C position. Which is my whole objection to Zimmerman he's a bit soft, I much prefer Rabb.

Heard Simon was upset because UCLA offered him less than 24 hours after Dorsey signed w/ UA, as UCLA went hard at Dorsey. Didn't like being second in line.

Agree on Rabb. UA is going hard after him. It'd be an upset if he doesn't sign w/ us, IMO.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard Simon was upset because UCLA offered him less than 24 hours after Dorsey signed w/ UA, as UCLA went hard at Simon. Didn't like being second in line.

Agree on Rabb. UA is going hard after him. It'd be an upset if he doesn't sign w/ us, IMO.

Yeah I certainly get why UCLA went after Simon they lost their prime target in Dorsey but yes you can certainly get why a kid would think I don't want to be 2nd. One thing with Miller is if you really look he offers a TON of kids early, probably as many as anybody, certainly the most on the West Coast, but the upside of that is he doesn't get this well I was your 2nd choice deal.

I think everyone thinks Rabb is going to UA, they have the Soldier pipeline, he's telling people Stanley Johnson gave him tons of advice about recruiting but when askd does that mean you're going to UA(by a Duke reporter) he said oh no I'm wide open. I don't think anybody believes UA isn't the leader, but some of these kids don't want to close off any options. I have read he grew up a UNC fan and they're involved but I think most expect he'll pick UA.

He's my favorite kid in the class, love his game

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Rabb is must get. Tea leaves say Simon still a lock to UA even with Dorsey.

Comanche/Rabb/Dorsey/Simon - Wrap it Up Championship

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rabb is must get. Tea leaves say Simon still a lock to UA even with Dorsey.

Comanche/Rabb/Dorsey/Simon - Wrap it Up Championship

Would be a great class, not sure I'd say it wraps up a title though. 2 of those kids are likely one and dones and not sure UA will have enough in 2015 when they arrive to win the title that year.

UCLA fans have been all over Comanche for awhile, not sure why it took Alford that long to offer him but they're on him now, seems like UCLA wants one big in that class and will take the first commit they can get with the prime targets being Rabb, Zimmerman and Comanche. Right now odds look best with Zimmerman who is my least favorite of the 3. Convinced he's a one and done, doesn't like to bang etc.

Simon I think is underrated I think he and Hemsley are very similar, Simon is a bit more advanced but both have the same strengths and weaknesses(shooting). Alford seems to prefer Simon since he offered him but if he winds up defaulting to Hemsley and gets him i think UCLA will be very happy with him(and hopefully Holiday).

I'm not a huge Dorsey fan, I never got why he was the priority for Alford, he can score no question, but he's a volume scorer and I think UCLA's system requires more sharing of the ball he's a ball dominant kid that doesn't work in the motion system Alford runs. Would have been a great fit under Howlands system where the PG dominated the ball.

The current rumors seem to be UA expects to lose Gordon, Ashley and Nick Johnson. they replace them with Stanley Johnson, Craig Victor, PJC and Kadeem Allen. Reasonable chance they lose a guard transfer like Pitts.

I don't see Tarc, Rondae, Johnson, TJ and SG(no idea if it's York or Allen or if it's Stanley with Victor playing the 4) is going to win a title. Will be a very good team not a title team. 15 they're going to almost assuredly lose Tarc and probably Rondae, Stanley wants to be a one and done and they lose TJ.

I do think Rabb is one of those kids that wherever he goes they're going to be a FF contender. Terrific kid too.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So is UA done with the 2014 class or does Miller have any chance at adding another player like Myles Turner who is still uncommitted? I know UA might not even be on his radar but with Miller you never know.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is UA done with the 2014 class or does Miller have any chance at adding another player like Myles Turner who is still uncommitted? I know UA might not even be on his radar but with Miller you never know.

Turner's recruitment is nuts it seems to change all the time. Starting to look like one of "those" recruitments but who knows he's a late bloomer maybe he's just enjoying it. If you have seen him play he's a very weird player, looks so uncoordinated it's scary, John Lucas says half of what they do coaching him is trying to teach him how to run better, he runs like Forrest Gump before the braces came off. But despite being that awkward, he can make 3's, block shots and is a really skilled kid. But NBA teams must be terrified he's the next Greg Oden the way he runs.

If I had to guess I'd say UA probably gets Cameron Oliver from Sacramento, nice player too the whole Pac 12 has been recruiting him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose