Miller once again does it again!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What does Miller do? Just gets 5* guys

Allonzo Trier, awesome. That's three 5-stars with a lot of others still considering UA. Chase Jeter has made his decision and announces tomorrow, any shot for UA over Duke?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now Miller just needs to get Rabb and Comanche this is easily a top-3 class.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Allonzo Trier, awesome. That's three 5-stars with a lot of others still considering UA. Chase Jeter has made his decision and announces tomorrow, any shot for UA over Duke?

Unlikely. It's been Puke all along, IMO.

Think we land Rabb and Comanche with an outside shot at Zimmerman if none of the aforementioned commit.

TJ

Reaction score
Jeter to Duke as predicted.

Chance Comanche visits Sept 13th.

Stephen Zimmerman visits us on Nov 7th, his last visit.

Ivan Rabb should visit soon.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

TJ

Reaction score
Rabb is starting to look hard at other schools.

Zimmerman recruitment has picked up as Miller had an in-home with he and his parents last week. As far as I know, the official visit November is still happening.

Comanche is a big get. Even if we only land him, remember, we have Rustic this year and the following.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rabb is starting to look hard at other schools.

Zimmerman recruitment has picked up as Miller had an in-home with he and his parents last week. As far as I know, the official visit November is still happening.

Comanche is a big get. Even if we only land him, remember, we have Rustic this year and the following.

I understand CAL (not Calipari) is a strong possibility for him. If Bird stays past this year CAL could be really good next year.

TJ

Reaction score
I understand CAL (not Calipari) is a strong possibility for him. If Bird stays past this year CAL could be really good next year.

Rabb lives in Oakland and his parents want him to stay in Nor Cal. Plus, indications are that he's not necessarily looking to play for one of the top-tier schools, which opens things up significantly.

In an interview, Rabb stated that he wants to go to a team with a friendly atmosphere and school with a great business college. UofA offers both, but so does Cal, and Cal is much closer to home.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to jinx it but 5-star 2016 PF TJ Leaf makes his college choice tomorrow morning, UA one of the finalists.

TJ

Reaction score
Not trying to jinx it but 5-star 2016 PF TJ Leaf makes his college choice tomorrow morning, UA one of the finalists.

UofA is considered the favorite by many. PGU is already saying he's coming to Tucson.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
UofA is considered the favorite by many. PGU is already saying he's coming to Tucson.

I've read UA is the favorite but until these kids make it official you never know. I mean Ivan Rabb has long been considered a UA lean but CAL looks like they are a serious threat for him.

I believe he is going to UA just didn't want to jump the gun and the kid decides to go to UCLA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read UA is the favorite but until these kids make it official you never know. I mean Ivan Rabb has long been considered a UA lean but CAL looks like they are a serious threat for him.

I believe he is going to UA just didn't want to jump the gun and the kid decides to go to UCLA.

He's not going to UCLA. From what I hear the kid apparently favored Florida but the family wants him to stay closer to home and then UA convinced him so it's going to be UA.

Fascinating backstory on Leaf, he was considered a UCLA lean, played for Compton Magic, Adidas kid. then at Adidas Nations he was coached by Don MacLean who's apparently a bit of a hardazz on kids. Leaf's dad didn't like that Don wasn't playing him enough, and was yelling at him too much, so he pulled Leaf out of Adidas Nations, they left early and didn't return. Started a bunch of rumors on UCLA boards that the dad was so mad about it they were flipping to Nike. UCLA tried to bury the hatchet and reports were the family had moved past it but then the dad indicated they were probably going to play for the Oakland Soldiers and fired up the rumors again.

One of the reasons UCLA played Azusa Pacific this year is Leaf's older brother plays for them and the dad had apparently indicated it would be nice if they could watch their older son play at Pauley. UCLA scheduled it when they thought they led for Leaf, but it's apparently been Florida and UA for awhile.

Ironically people compared him to MacLean, mainly size and being white, different kid good hops dunks on people, good shooter but totally different type of player.

Good get for UA and a kid UCLA really wanted. I guess in the end you have to wonder how much of a UCLA lean he could have possibly been for Don MacLean to screw the whole thing up in 2 days, if he was really THAT interested it would have taken more than that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently official now via twitter.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
He's not going to UCLA. From what I hear the kid apparently favored Florida but the family wants him to stay closer to home and then UA convinced him so it's going to be UA.

Fascinating backstory on Leaf, he was considered a UCLA lean, played for Compton Magic, Adidas kid. then at Adidas Nations he was coached by Don MacLean who's apparently a bit of a hardazz on kids. Leaf's dad didn't like that Don wasn't playing him enough, and was yelling at him too much, so he pulled Leaf out of Adidas Nations, they left early and didn't return. Started a bunch of rumors on UCLA boards that the dad was so mad about it they were flipping to Nike. UCLA tried to bury the hatchet and reports were the family had moved past it but then the dad indicated they were probably going to play for the Oakland Soldiers and fired up the rumors again.

One of the reasons UCLA played Azusa Pacific this year is Leaf's older brother plays for them and the dad had apparently indicated it would be nice if they could watch their older son play at Pauley. UCLA scheduled it when they thought they led for Leaf, but it's apparently been Florida and UA for awhile.

Ironically people compared him to MacLean, mainly size and being white, different kid good hops dunks on people, good shooter but totally different type of player.

Good get for UA and a kid UCLA really wanted. I guess in the end you have to wonder how much of a UCLA lean he could have possibly been for Don MacLean to screw the whole thing up in 2 days, if he was really THAT interested it would have taken more than that.

Got to LOVE the UCLA world view. Wake me up when UCLA pulls a guy that Arizona wants :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to LOVE the UCLA world view. Wake me up when UCLA pulls a guy that Arizona wants :)

Apparently you slept through Lonzo Ball, who has had UA coaches at his AAU events well after he verballed to UCLA. He hasn't made it to UCLA yet but he's the one clear example of a kid UA wants who picked UCLA.

I'm certainly not going to claim CSA is out recruiting Miller he's clearly not. I'm just saying this recruitment changed dramatically after Adidas Nations, which means the people who thought he was a strong UCLA lean were clearly wrong. Because if he was, something minor such as Don MacLean not playing him enough wouldn't have been enough to convince the dad to yank him out of the event and start looking at Nike AAU programs. My personal opinion is they were already starting to "look around", and the MacLean stuff was just a convenient time to make the move.

In other words I'm not saying Nike got Leaf for Arizona, I'm saying Leaf was already looking to move from Adidas and UCLA(or Indiana) and what happened at Adidas Nations just sealed the deal.

UCLA absolutely wanted Leaf, in fact as soon as this stuff happened, UCLA started trying to close the wound, and when that didn't work UCLA got involved with a kid named Nick Rakocevic, who's sort of a poor man's TJ Leaf. Any UCLA fan who suggests they didn't want Leaf is lying.

The Adidas Nations stuff has been discussed on UCLA boards since August 3rd when Tracy Pierson wrote a blurb that mentioned what had happened and said it appears those who were saying he was a big UCLA lean, were wrong, if he were, this wouldn't have happened. I've been saying the same thing on UCLA boards all day, everyone saying he's overrated or a primadonna is just making an excuse because Alford lost a prime target to Miller.

Now to be fair, if you go back and read some of the threads from June and July on PGU, UA fans were calling Leaf "soft, skinny, afraid of contact". That all went out the window when it became apparent UA was one of his top 2 choices.

It's a great commit for UA and a loss for UCLA anyway you slice it. I just think the backstory is interesting, lots of people have alleged MacLean working at Adidas Nations is an unfair advantage for UCLA, in this case it apparently actually harmed their chances.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Question for the UA posters and those who are more in the know than I am. I know Ivan Rabb, Steven Zimmerman & Caleb Swanigan are top priorities for UA to land 2 of the 3 is the goal with Comanche already on board. I also know that all 3 seem to be content on waiting for the spring signing period to decide. My question, is if UA loses Ashley & Tarczewski to the draft, can UA land 2 of the 3 and which 2 are more likely to choose UA? My guess is Rabb & Zimmerman but with CAL in the strongly in the mix it could mean Swanigan & Zimmerman.

TJ

Reaction score
Question for the UA posters and those who are more in the know than I am. I know Ivan Rabb, Steven Zimmerman & Caleb Swanigan are top priorities for UA to land 2 of the 3 is the goal with Comanche already on board. I also know that all 3 seem to be content on waiting for the spring signing period to decide. My question, is if UA loses Ashley & Tarczewski to the draft, can UA land 2 of the 3 and which 2 are more likely to choose UA? My guess is Rabb & Zimmerman but with CAL in the strongly in the mix it could mean Swanigan & Zimmerman.

Maybe, but even it if only lands one, we will still have Dusan Ristic on the roster, who Miller holds in high regard.

At this point, I couldn't begin to tell you where Zimm and Rabb are going. Carlton Bragg is an option, but I doubt he signs with Zona. Either way, Miller will have another loaded team in 2015.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, but even it if only lands one, we will still have Dusan Ristic on the roster, who Miller holds in high regard.

At this point, I couldn't begin to tell you where Zimm and Rabb are going. Carlton Bragg is an option, but I doubt he signs with Zona. Either way, Miller will have another loaded team in 2015.

I've read Bragg is no longer an option, UA supposedly took themselves out of his recruitment but they probably thought he was going somewhere else. Zimmerman just took his last official visit to UA last week so he seems to be interested, including his mom as she is constantly tweeting about his recruitment. Rabb is who I think ends up at CAL, hopefully if Ashley leaves that convinces him that he will be the starting PF hopefully with Zimmerman at C whom he has indicated he would like to play with being Oakland Soldiers and all. Even if Rabb leaves after his FR year, UA has Leaf for 2016.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read Bragg is no longer an option, UA supposedly took themselves out of his recruitment but they probably thought he was going somewhere else. Zimmerman just took his last official visit to UA last week so he seems to be interested, including his mom as she is constantly tweeting about his recruitment. Rabb is who I think ends up at CAL, hopefully if Ashley leaves that convinces him that he will be the starting PF hopefully with Zimmerman at C whom he has indicated he would like to play with being Oakland Soldiers and all. Even if Rabb leaves after his FR year, UA has Leaf for 2016.

UA pulled out on Bragg and then about a month later UCLA postponed his visit 2 days before. The story is that Bragg had some summer courses that the NCAA had questions with and UCLA decided not to let him visit until they were sure they were going to NCAA accepted. Apparently it's all cleared up. Presumably that's why UA pulled out too, either that or they just didn't think they were going to get him. HIs "handler" said UA notified them that they still liked Bragg but were going to pursue other kids instead.

Brian Snow has written a few things about Bragg on Scout, he said people over reacted to the academics thing the kid is NCAA eligible but people just got concerned. No idea if UA would get back in now or not.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Apparently you slept through Lonzo Ball, who has had UA coaches at his AAU events well after he verballed to UCLA. He hasn't made it to UCLA yet but he's the one clear example of a kid UA wants who picked UCLA.

I'm certainly not going to claim CSA is out recruiting Miller he's clearly not. I'm just saying this recruitment changed dramatically after Adidas Nations, which means the people who thought he was a strong UCLA lean were clearly wrong. Because if he was, something minor such as Don MacLean not playing him enough wouldn't have been enough to convince the dad to yank him out of the event and start looking at Nike AAU programs. My personal opinion is they were already starting to "look around", and the MacLean stuff was just a convenient time to make the move.

In other words I'm not saying Nike got Leaf for Arizona, I'm saying Leaf was already looking to move from Adidas and UCLA(or Indiana) and what happened at Adidas Nations just sealed the deal.

UCLA absolutely wanted Leaf, in fact as soon as this stuff happened, UCLA started trying to close the wound, and when that didn't work UCLA got involved with a kid named Nick Rakocevic, who's sort of a poor man's TJ Leaf. Any UCLA fan who suggests they didn't want Leaf is lying.

The Adidas Nations stuff has been discussed on UCLA boards since August 3rd when Tracy Pierson wrote a blurb that mentioned what had happened and said it appears those who were saying he was a big UCLA lean, were wrong, if he were, this wouldn't have happened. I've been saying the same thing on UCLA boards all day, everyone saying he's overrated or a primadonna is just making an excuse because Alford lost a prime target to Miller.

Now to be fair, if you go back and read some of the threads from June and July on PGU, UA fans were calling Leaf "soft, skinny, afraid of contact". That all went out the window when it became apparent UA was one of his top 2 choices.

It's a great commit for UA and a loss for UCLA anyway you slice it. I just think the backstory is interesting, lots of people have alleged MacLean working at Adidas Nations is an unfair advantage for UCLA, in this case it apparently actually harmed their chances.

Im just giving you a hard time Russ I do appreciate the insight.

Does feel like whomever we want we get. That will be tested with Raab. But Zimm isnt a bad fallback if so.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just giving you a hard time Russ I do appreciate the insight.

Does feel like whomever we want we get. That will be tested with Raab. But Zimm isnt a bad fallback if so.

Yeah I have no idea on Zimmerman. Rabb I think if he committed today it would be Cal. If you've seen the recent interview done with his HS coach Lou Richie, he's literally wearing a Jason Kidd Cal jersey during the interview. The mom wants him to stay near his younger brother so I suspect he's going to Cal.

Zimmerman who knows, UCLA is apparently doing well, so is UA, UK is still in it. I hear he's doing a Shabazz and not telling UNLV he's not coming because he doesn't want to spend his senior year being booed at all his games in Vegas.

TJ

Reaction score
Read that Ivan Rabb will be in Tucson this weekend.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Read that Ivan Rabb will be in Tucson this weekend.
Good to hear. This is not his first time in campus hopefully not his last. But from everything I've read, he isn't making a decision before the spring. However, with 18 year old kids things change all the time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. This is not his first time in campus hopefully not his last. But from everything I've read, he isn't making a decision before the spring. However, with 18 year old kids things change all the time.

The thing with Rabb is his mom wants him to go to Cal so he can be close to his younger brother. That's really who UA is recruiting against, the mom.

Apparently UA is going to get a verbal from Michael Cage Jr in the near future. Interesting kid not nearly as cut up as the dad was, a bit more athletic, very long arms. Was a real awkward player when younger, seems to be catching up now looks much more coordinated. He's kind of like Comanche a kid who 10 years ago you would have asked to redshirt but now you can't or you'll never get the kid so he'll arrive on campus very skinny and need a year or two to bulk up.

Rabb is skinny too but he's so athletic and skilled it won't matter, Rabb could be the conference POY as a freshman wherever he goes but it appears it's going to be Cal unless something changes with the mom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson