Mike Zimmer

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will take Zim. I would be more excited about that verses our head coach pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Word is Zimmer may not be DC, could be a senior defensive assistant.

I think I'd prefer Zimmer as a senior assistant with a younger guy as DC but Zimmer has a wealth of knowledge and experience I'd be happy to see here. Him and Pagano were guys I had in mind for such a role.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Zimmer is a weird guy. At Minnesota, he tried to get heavily involved with the offense though he lacked the experience to be credible (note to Gannon). When Cousins got hurt, he threw the backup under the bus. He apparently became very bitter when the Vikings failed to win his last couple of years. That might be a concern since the Cards’ D is a rebuild. He certainly knows defense, but would he function well in the Cards’ environment.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zimmer is a weird guy. At Minnesota, he tried to get heavily involved with the offense though he lacked the experience to be credible (note to Gannon). When Cousins got hurt, he threw the backup under the bus. He apparently became very bitter when the Vikings failed to win his last couple of years. That might be a concern since the Cards’ D is a rebuild. He certainly knows defense, but would he function well in the Cards’ environment.
If Gannon is what they say he is and has that take charge kind of mentality, Zimmer would not be an issue as a consultant. He wouldn't have the position to meddle with the offense or care about the backup QB. As a consultant/assistant I would be fine with him in that role. Heck, I would take him as DC over Vance Joseph.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison