Michigan or Florida?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who do you think it will be?
Personally, I have no emotional involvement with either team.
I think OSU and UofM would be a better game.
I also think Michigan would travel better then Florida and have a bigger impact on the valley's economy.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Florida is more deserving, played the toughest schedule in college football and won the SEC (best conference this year). Their opponents had a 65% winning percentage or something crazy like that

The traveling won't be that much of a difference, it's the national championship game

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida is more deserving, played the toughest schedule in college football and won the SEC (best conference this year). Their opponents had a 65% winning percentage or something crazy like that

The traveling won't be that much of a difference, it's the national championship game

Exactly. If Michigan gets in over Florida it makes the BCS a bigger joke than it already is.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michigan already lost to THE Ohio State University. Let someone else have a crack at them.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Michigan had their chance and lost, let's see what the Gators can do.

Not that it matters, tOSU is head and shoulders above every other tean in the country.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
It has to be Florida. I think that would be the best game to watch (from a football perspective).

With that being said, the BCS is going to have the rematch in order to draw more attention to the game and, thus, gain more monies.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't care which team goes. I just hope OSU loses to whichever team makes it to the big game. :thumbup:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
They should have a match next week between Duke and Temple to determine who gets the shot.

Both clearly are better suited to face Ohio State.

:p

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no love for Florida and can't stand what will happen when they beat OSU and claim they are the only team to win the NCAA BB Championship and MNC in consecutive years. They will never shut up.

.. but having said that, Florida should get the slot. the SEC is arguably the best conference and they won it and their Championship game. Big Ten refuses to play a championship game and shouldn't get rewarded for it. They are playing the BCS $$$$$ angle to get both teams in. The Big ten is weak. The SEC is not.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.. but having said that, Florida should get the slot. the SEC is arguably the best conference and they won it and their Championship game. Big Ten refuses to play a championship game and shouldn't get rewarded for it. They are playing the BCS $$$$$ angle to get both teams in. The Big ten is weak. The SEC is not.

I absolutely hate that argument. SEC talking heads bring that up ALL THE FREAKIN time in Nashville. What guess what. NO ONE IS FORCING THE SEC to have a title game. NO ONE FORCED the SEC to expand to 12.

You deride the Big Ten for playing the money angle. Well, guess what the freaking SEC title game and expansion to 12 teams was all about??

MONEY. That's right. The play the title game for MONEY. NO other reason.

And who was the prime instigator of the BCS??? Roy Kramer, who was the commisioner of the SEC at the time.

As far as I am concerned, the SEC brought all this upon itself with it's greed. I relish everytime they get screwed by the system they pushed through.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Florida deserves it. They played an extremely tough schedule and deserve a chance after getting through the SEC with a 12-1 record. If I was choosing though I'd pick Michigan. A rematch of one of the best rivalries will get huge ratings and Ohio State only won by 3 at home so it could be a different outcome in Glendale.

I'm hoping for Florida to get in though.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are Michigan's quality wins? Please don't tell me Wisconsin, another team with a patsy schedule. Ball State ( barely beat them). Central Michigan? Mich. State? Northwestern? Indiana? Not even Notre Dame can be called a quality win now.

Michigan had their chance and lost. One is enough.
Florida lost to Auburn on the road.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This whole system is a joke.

If they're going to let a computer continue to pick 2 teams to play for a mythical championship I would rather see them just go back to the old system where conference champions play in predetermined bowls.

Don't blame the computers, it was the human voters who propelled Florida to #2.
That said - this "system" is a joke.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I'm not a Michigan fan but I think Michigan got robbed. One of the main reasons they aren't playing in the NC game is that they did not play last weekend and couldn't bolster ther #2 position. How crazy is that?? Only loss is @ #1 Ohio St in a very close game. Florida lost at home to Auburn.

The fact that Michigan "had their chance against OSU and lost" should be irrelevant. The NC game is designed to pair the top 2 teams in college football, whether they have played during the regular season is meaningless.

Looking at it objectively, Michigan would beat Florida on a neutral field 3 out of 4 times IMHO.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Michigan fan but I think Michigan got robbed. One of the main reasons they aren't playing in the NC game is that they did not play last weekend and couldn't bolster ther #2 position. How crazy is that?? Only loss is @ #1 Ohio St in a very close game. Florida lost at home to Auburn.

The fact that Michigan "had their chance against OSU and lost" should be irrelevant. The NC game is designed to pair the top 2 teams in college football, whether they have played during the regular season is meaningless.

Looking at it objectively, Michigan would beat Florida on a neutral field 3 out of 4 times IMHO.

Michigan had no " quality wins ". That is the reason. If they whoop USC, I will eat those words.