Michael Floyd sentenced to 120 days

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they test, then I support it.

Im just saying ive never once ever heard a blurb saying some guy got tested for alcohol. You hear guys getting tested and popped for weed and PEDs all the time, never heard alcohol.

You're not supposed to hear about any of it believe it or not the whole thing is supposed to be confidential.

Surprised someone hasn't sued the NFL and the team for that yet since we find out so often someone tested positive for something or other.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
So we're actually looking at 24 days in jail. 96 days home arrest. Over 5 grand in fines. Two game suspension by the NFL which means he'll miss two game checks. Lawyers fees which which I'm guessing is going to be another couple Grand minimum.

Oh, plus he has to give his Hummer a Hummer anytime he wants to go anywhere and pay for the privilege of doing it.
Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors

Last edited:

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Thats how it should be.

Other than shooting into a crowd, theres no better opportunity for somebody to kill the most people possible than driving drunk. Im all for making their lives as difficult as possible for a long time. Otherwise they wont learn.

Eventually cars will be able to detect it as well, so eventually itll be impossible to DUI, thank goodness.

But in the meantime
Eventually cars will be self-driving and it won't matter.

Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
On a side note. My favorite part of those ignition interlock devices is that you have to blow into them randomly while you're driving. So if you're driving for 20 minutes you might have to blow into it a couple of times before you get to your destination.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
better get used to those bars kid...

my guess is he ends up in a major accident at some point. some people never learn.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure his goal was to agree to a sentence immediately and start serving so he can be free prior to any mini-camps later this spring. Regardless, his stock has really fallen. New England only played him a couple of times and we all know they were in it for the compensatory pick.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 days in jail plus 96 days home detention plus a fine plus 30 hours of community service.

I have no problem with that.
I do

In the UK basic DUI is now 6 months in jail 12-26 months lost of lic and 5,000 pound fine oh and you can't drive period, no work, no school no any other BS reason.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do

In the UK basic DUI is now 6 months in jail 12-26 months lost of lic and 5,000 pound fine oh and you can't drive period, no work, no school no any other BS reason.
Sure but you cannot just give floyd higher charge because of they do in the UK. Floyd got the right punishment for his crime per arizona law, no special treatment.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but I have always felt the US is way to easy on DUI.

The UK was harder on DUI when I left 35 years ago than most places in the US are now.

I truly hate the focus on level like moving it from 1 to 0.8 makes a difference. Maining horrendously painful when you get caught is far more effective.

My buddies and I came up with a designated driver [nobody had the term/concept then] back in the 70's so we could share the non drinking

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but I have always felt the US is way to easy on DUI.

The UK was harder on DUI when I left 35 years ago than most places in the US are now.

I truly hate the focus on level like moving it from 1 to 0.8 makes a difference. Maining horrendously painful when you get caught is far more effective.

My buddies and I came up with a designated driver [nobody had the term/concept then] back in the 70's so we could share the non drinking

I have no issue with making the laws stiffer but thats more P&R than is it Floyd.

Personally, with uber and lyft, it is SO easy to get home without driving these days that you could toughen the hell out of laws and just point to those as the solution for those who complain

But then again, I dont really drink so this has zero impact on me

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Floyd is extremely talented. Floyd never was able to show his talent fully due to alcoholism. Feel bad for Floyd the man because Floyd does not know who he is because alcohol prevents him, but I feel worse for the people whose lives he could damage driving drunk, right down to family members and friends who want to believe in him. He is not a Cardinal though, and frankly that is the only reason Floyd was ever a blimp on my radar... I look forward to his replacement, hopefully someone who is their own man because you have to be a man to play this sport

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn