Michael Floyd sentenced to 120 days

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Impending free agent Michael Floyd pled guilty to one count of extreme DUI Thursday in Scottsdale City Court.

The other six counts were dismissed. Floyd will serve a 120-day jail sentence. That includes 24 days in county jail and 96 days of home detention. He'll also have to complete 30 hours of community service and pay a $5,115.99 fine. It's not a worst case scenario for Floyd, but it's pretty close. There was no way he was going to avoid jail time after blowing a .217 when he was arrested in mid-December. Coming off a down year in Arizona and New England, Floyd's free agent prospects aren't looking good.
Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter

96 days home detention?? Thats not a punishment. No wonder he doesnt learn.

My mood:

You must be registered for see images

Repeatedly putting our families at risk with repeat DUIs and he essentially gets grounded to his mansion with all its toys for 96 days?

:computer:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 days in jail plus 96 days home detention plus a fine plus 30 hours of community service.

I have no problem with that.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I asked this before but I'm not sure I remember the answer if there was one. Given that Floyd has a history of alcohol abuse and was arrested, does that mean it's safe to assume he's on some list with the NFL and subject to testing? Or is alcohol not a substance the NFL cares about even if the person has a history of legal issues connected to the drinking?

Mainly I ask because it makes a huge difference in how Floyd will be treated as a FA. if teams don't have to worry about him failing a test because he had a beer, he'll get much more attention than if they do.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I asked this before but I'm not sure I remember the answer if there was one. Given that Floyd has a history of alcohol abuse and was arrested, does that mean it's safe to assume he's on some list with the NFL and subject to testing? Or is alcohol not a substance the NFL cares about even if the person has a history of legal issues connected to the drinking?

Mainly I ask because it makes a huge difference in how Floyd will be treated as a FA. if teams don't have to worry about him failing a test because he had a beer, he'll get much more attention than if they do.

Any list hes put on will be for repeat arrests, but alcohol isnt a banned substance, so its not tested

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Another example of the man putting it to a minority brother. Too bad he isn't a white female celeb with a high priced L.A. lawyer to get him completely off. This is complete racism. White nation cheers when black brother scores TD for favorite team, but let a brother try to get some sleep at 3 am on a public street and see what happens. Hang in there bro, I got your back.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Another example of the man putting it to a minority brother. Too bad he isn't a white female celeb with a high priced L.A. lawyer to get him completely off. This is complete racism. White nation cheers when black brother scores TD for favorite team, but let a brother try to get some sleep at 3 am on a public street and see what happens. Hang in there bro, I got your back.

Something about you gets a laugh from me way more than it should.

Anyways, this is about right. I have no problem with it. I hope the guy gets the help he needs and uses this as a wake-up call to make sure he doesn't ever do this again. He's very lucky someone didn't get hurt in this process.

Reaction score
He will also have to have an ignition interlock device put on his car for year after he gets his license back. Standard in Az.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any list hes put on will be for repeat arrests, but alcohol isnt a banned substance, so its not tested

that's not correct the NFL rule is about "improper use of prescription drugs, over the counter drugs, illegal drugs, and alcohol. It's actually on the list. there's a separate rule for PED's.

My question is does him serving time in jail over this make it safe to assume he's now considered to have done improper use, which means the NFL will suspend him and then test him?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I found btw.

"Alcohol & Breaking the Law
Casual alcohol use is not prohibited unless it is part of a player's treatment plan.
Alcohol-related violations fall under the substance abuse policy when the player has broken the law. The first violation results in a two-game suspension, while subsequent violations result in an eight-game suspension. If a player breaks the law while under the influence of other substances, he will face a four-game suspension for the first infraction and then up to a 10-game suspension for subsequent infractions."

Not 100% clear but I think that says they will in fact test Michael Floyd for alcohol now?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He will also have to have an ignition interlock device put on his car for year after he gets his license back. Standard in Az.

How will that work if he is picked up by NE or any other team? He won't be in AZ.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Casual alcohol use is not prohibited unless it is part of a player's treatment plan.
Alcohol-related violations fall under the substance abuse policy when the player has broken the law. The first violation results in a two-game suspension, while subsequent violations result in an eight-game suspension. If a player breaks the law while under the influence of other substances, he will face a four-game suspension for the first infraction and then up to a 10-game suspension for subsequent infractions."

Not 100% clear but I think that says they will in fact test Michael Floyd for alcohol now?

And he will be suspended for at least 2 games.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that's not correct the NFL rule is about "improper use of prescription drugs, over the counter drugs, illegal drugs, and alcohol. It's actually on the list. there's a separate rule for PED's.

My question is does him serving time in jail over this make it safe to assume he's now considered to have done improper use, which means the NFL will suspend him and then test him?

Ive never heard of a player being tested for alcohol. Other than a breathalyzer ignition in their car. I think its just "If they have another alcohol related incident".

But I do think there should be a test. If a guy gets popped for DUIs, I think he should have to blow into a breathalyzer in his house twice a day, and it sends the data to the court.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How will that work if he is picked up by NE or any other team? He won't be in AZ.
From the ADOT website:

How will I fulfill my interlock requirement if I move out of state?
Arizona requirements still need to be maintained. Contact your interlock manufacturer to locate an authorized interlock installer in your new state that will continue to provide all interlock services required by the state of Arizona. It is your responsibility to work with your interlock manufacturer and authorized installer to ensure Arizona's MVD receives all required electronic reporting until you have completed the interlock requirement.

Also, a few years ago they reduced the minimum interlock time to 6 months but I think it could be longer in some cases.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, he's still drinking. Since the Superbowl he's been in Scottsdale drinking it up.

The sad thing is, that usually he used a driver in past years. For whatever reason, he didn't that night (he got the DUI).

He's currently bringing his driver along, who knows how long that lasts. But he HAS NOT given up drinking and clubbing.

Whoever signs him... good luck.

Now our resident party animal is Robert Nkemdiche.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I remember D-weed was in trouble for having a beer on the team plane at one time. I'm old so I think it was d-weed. So they do test for it, but alcohol only stays in the system for a short period of time. It may have been part of his treatment plan tho.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ive never heard of a player being tested for alcohol. Other than a breathalyzer ignition in their car. I think its just "If they have another alcohol related incident".

But I do think there should be a test. If a guy gets popped for DUIs, I think he should have to blow into a breathalyzer in his house twice a day, and it sends the data to the court.

Not the same state, but a friend of mine got a DUI with an ankle bracelet that was supposed to be able to detect alcohol consumption. In addition, she had random testing like 5 times a week. It was intense.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not the same state, but a friend of mine got a DUI with an ankle bracelet that was supposed to be able to detect alcohol consumption. In addition, she had random testing like 5 times a week. It was intense.

Thats how it should be.

Other than shooting into a crowd, theres no better opportunity for somebody to kill the most people possible than driving drunk. Im all for making their lives as difficult as possible for a long time. Otherwise they wont learn.

Eventually cars will be able to detect it as well, so eventually itll be impossible to DUI, thank goodness.

But in the meantime

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, he's still drinking. Since the Superbowl he's been in Scottsdale drinking it up.

The sad thing is, that usually he used a driver in past years. For whatever reason, he didn't that night (he got the DUI).

He's currently bringing his driver along, who knows how long that lasts. But he HAS NOT given up drinking and clubbing.

Whoever signs him... good luck.

Now our resident party animal is Robert Nkemdiche.
There you are! Hadn't seen you in a while. That's a fact on our rookie dl?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not according to that site it's not an incident it's a positive test because they're on a treatment plan that prohibits them from drinking.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not according to that site it's not an incident it's a positive test because they're on a treatment plan that prohibits them from drinking.

If they test, then I support it.

Im just saying ive never once ever heard a blurb saying some guy got tested for alcohol. You hear guys getting tested and popped for weed and PEDs all the time, never heard alcohol.