McCown to the Lions?

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
CaliCards said:
Under Martz tutelage, McCown is a good FA pick up for the Lions.

We'll see. McCown could make anyone look great one moment, and terrible the next.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
all i have to say is good luck to mccown. may success follow you whereever you go.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a money decision IMO.

McCown is talented enough for someone to take a gamble on him as their starter, as such there is market demand for him in a greater capacity and more money than he would make here in Phoenix. He'd have to agree to take backup QB money to play here and he'd have to assume the backup QB position.

Put yourself in Josh's shoes. Yeah, you haven't been the greatest QB, but you've shown flashes of brilliance and you believe in yourself. He owes it to himself to be a starter if someone's willing to make him one, and he's definitely going to take that over a reduced role and reduced $ to hold a clipboard for the Cardinals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
vince56 said:

McCown is talented enough for someone to take a gamble on him as their starter, as such there is market demand for him in a greater capacity and more money than he would make here in Phoenix. He'd have to agree to take backup QB money to play here and he'd have to assume the backup QB position.

Put yourself in Josh's shoes. Yeah, you haven't been the greatest QB, but you've shown flashes of brilliance and you believe in yourself. He owes it to himself to be a starter if someone's willing to make him one, and he's definitely going to take that over a reduced role and reduced $ to hold a clipboard for the Cardinals.

I have nothing against McCown and I wish him the best, though I hope he goes to the AFC if he does excel. He certainly has all of the athletic talents need to soar.

McCown just needs a fresh start and a fresh approach. He just didn't cut the mustard here, and he is probably the second best QB on the market (though I would sign Griese over him for our team).

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
vince56 said:

This is easily the most accurate reason McCown will be playing elsewhere. If this does not materialize he would be the best choice as a backup here as he could step in and have chemestry and help us win. I do not have that confidence in Navarre at this point or a draft pick. JM makes more $$ by leaving and gets a chance at starting. He doesn't get that here next season without injury