May 25th, Star Wars turns 30 years old

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Apparently there is supposed to be an announcement made at some Star Wars convention about the future of the franchise. Probably will be to plug the long rumored television series but it will be interesting to see what they say.

I'm not sure what to think about another movie.... I think it's time for George Lucas to hand over the reigns to someone else if that was to happen. Star Wars influenced a ton of people in the movie world today and it would be cool to see them get a crack and moving the franchise forward.

I think it would be sweet for HBO to pick up the Star Wars series, add some HBO like drama into it and you've got yourself a winner

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Apparently there is supposed to be an announcement made at some Star Wars convention about the future of the franchise. Probably will be to plug the long rumored television series but it will be interesting to see what they say.

I'm not sure what to think about another movie.... I think it's time for George Lucas to hand over the reigns to someone else if that was to happen. Star Wars influenced a ton of people in the movie world today and it would be cool to see them get a crack and moving the franchise forward.

I think it would be sweet for HBO to pick up the Star Wars series, add some HBO like drama into it and you've got yourself a winner

2 more movies, but without Skywalker family involvement.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Drama?

Ha!

You mean the HBO "signature" gratuitous sex scenes!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
2 more movies, but without Skywalker family involvement.

Personally, I believe that was the mistake Lucas made when he did the prequels. The Episode I-III storyline should have been further back in the past.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I believe that was the mistake Lucas made when he did the prequels. The Episode I-III storyline should have been further back in the past.

I think there were far more serious mistakes made by the guy. Jar Jar Binks, 45 minutes of pod races....

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, Pinewood Derby is fun. Pod races are stupid, boring, and are filled with fake-looking aliens.
Huh?? Are you talking about like when Rich Scottsdale dudes bring back up Mexican brides??

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
I think there were far more serious mistakes made by the guy. Jar Jar Binks, 45 minutes of pod races....

True...It's not like Lucas had a bad track record going in the last 3 Star Wars movies, but he missed the mark.

He couldn't recapture the "magic" so to speak...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True...It's not like Lucas had a bad track record going in the last 3 Star Wars movies, but he missed the mark.

How could you miss the mark that bad? He was like Shaun King with those last three.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think he just tried too hard, like a 16 year old kid scoring for the first time

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he just tried too hard, like a 16 year old kid scoring for the first time

I think he made the movies he wanted to see. Same with the special editions. We liked them the way they were.