Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Garcia offers?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who knows. Mike Clay had an updated availability list on Twitter and he wasn't even in the top 10 to 15 Centers/Guards available. FWIW.... Iupati was ranked 4th best still available.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta be reputation only at this point for Iupati. Good man and player, but just hasn't survived a season in recent memory.

Like Sweezy, I like this Garcia's durability.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who knows. Mike Clay had an updated availability list on Twitter and he wasn't even in the top 10 to 15 Centers/Guards available. FWIW.... Iupati was ranked 4th best still available.

surprised Iupati is ranked so high! Mike Clay is about as analytical as they come. Maybe just says more about the rest of the list behind him

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Garcia offers?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

What I can say about Max Garcia, is I liked him out of college. Nasty demeanor and can play guard and center. So, I am happy with the signing. 5th year in the league, so we have have the optimistic view that he has "learned" the NFL game and reap the benefits of him learning his trade with another team, and him being a more polished product. He 27 years old, so he is in his prime, yet he is coming off an ACL injury, so he is going to be a PUP guy until, at least 6 games into the season, one would think.

He is going to challenge Shipley, Sweezy and Colby Gossett for a roster spot, or even a starting spot, IMHO. So, not a "splash" guy, but may be a solid contributor

On paper the OL is looking like, at least so far:

LT: Humphries
LG: Pugh
OC: Cole
RG: Sweezy
RT: Gilbert

OT: Cunningham
OG: Garcia
OC: Shipley

Not sure how much of an improvement we are looking at but this what is, it is shaping up to be.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
What I can say about Max Garcia, is I liked him out of college. Nasty demeanor and can play guard and center. So, I am happy with the signing. 5th year in the league, so we have have the optimistic view that he has "learned" the NFL game and reap the benefits of him learning his trade with another team, and him being a more polished product. He 27 years old, so he is in his prime, yet he is coming off an ACL injury, so he is going to be a PUP guy until, at least 6 games into the season, one would think.

He is going to challenge Shipley, Sweezy and Colby Gossett for a roster spot, or even a starting spot, IMHO. So, not a "splash" guy, but may be a solid contributor

Not sure how much of an improvement we are looking at but this what is, it is shaping up to be.

I think they are keeping Pugh at RG... reports say Sweezy was much better on the left side.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The depth is looking better at least.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like a marked improvement to me over street FAs :)

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

When healthy he will be a good backup, if and when there is an injury on the interior. We usually start the season with complete unknowns as depth

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
9 months after ACL surgery could be fine for a Guard.

Wonder if this will push Pugh a bit. I think Sweezy is locked in @ the LG spot.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Pro-football reference has him as playing both guard positions yet they list him as a Center?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson