Mavericks @ Suns Friday game thread 11-19-2021

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Covid is back with a vengeance...to be complaining about full crowds is kinda weak...
Yeah. I went to the Atlanta game with my son. After a year and a half of covid, the conditions were uncomfortably close. However, it is also very hard to drink your coke zero and cheer with a mask on. I enjoyed it, but I am fine watching from home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... knee jerk reaction from me.

That said, I’ve been in Phoenix A LOT over the last six months. Sure as hell doesn’t seem like the overwhelming majority of people here still give a crap about Covid and it’s not stopping the Cardinals from selling out.

It’s really weird... coming back and forth from Cali to Arizona. It’s like the second you cross the state line at Blythe, they are different worlds. No masks, 3.69 gas at the exit right before produce check line at the AZ border v 4.69 gas and everyone masked at the Lovekin exit in Cali.

Literally within a half mile of each other.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

That said, I’ve been in Phoenix A LOT over the last six months. Sure as hell doesn’t seem like the overwhelming majority of people here still give a crap about Covid and it’s not stopping the Cardinals from selling out.

It’s really weird... coming back and forth from Cali to Arizona. It’s like the second you cross the state line at Blythe, they are different worlds. No masks, 3.69 gas at the exit right before produce check line at the AZ border v 4.69 gas and everyone masked at the Lovekin exit in Cali.

TBF the Cardinals only play once a week and it's almost always on Sunday. A lot of the Suns games are on weekdays and people probably don't want to have to deal with getting to and from the game with work the next morning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBF the Cardinals only play once a week and it's almost always on Sunday. A lot of the Suns games are on weekdays and people probably don't want to have to deal with getting to and from the game with work the next morning.

TBF... the Lakers are selling out all of their games and play the same schedule the Suns do. Same as GS, Boston, and the other best teams in the league.

We didn’t even sell out our first game of the season after an incredible run to the Finals. Come on now... there’s enough people in this town who don’t give a rats ass about Covid who could fill the stadium that night.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
WTF? We’re not selling out all home games after last season?

That’s kinda pathetic.
We spent WAY too much money in my household on playoff tickets. It will be a bit before I can shell out some dough!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
JaVale is not only best back-up Center we’ve ever had. He’s the second best Center we’ve had PERIOD.

(Slow your freak out Ayton bangers. He’s clearly the first).
I watched him for years. He was my pick to get as back up by far. He just can't carry the load over 30+ minutes.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
TBF... the Lakers are selling out all of their games and play the same schedule the Suns do. Same as GS, Boston, and the other best teams in the league.

We didn’t even sell out our first game of the season after an incredible run to the Finals. Come on now... there’s enough people in this town who don’t give a rats ass about Covid who could fill the stadium that night.
I mean are we really comparing our attendance to the Lakers, GS and Boston? We might be on their level or above it right now, but the Lakers and Celtics have two if the largest fan bases ever and GS was recently a dynasty and still have Steph playing at an MVP level.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mask wearing here in Arizona has dropped significantly since the vaccinations started. It's like as soon as that started everybody started pretending things were normal. Prior to the vaccine I would say about 7 out 10 people had masks on most places we went. Now? The wife and I ran a bunch of errands today and everywhere we went it was about 3 out of 10 people wearing masks now.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
TBF Phoenix has always supported the Suns well...not to worried we are 90% full. Covid is whipping some ass right now.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Brunson is a good little point guard.
Yea he is. I thought he should of played more in the playoffs last season. He’s a free agent after this year. I think Dallas should keep him if he wants to stay. Dallas still need more acquisitions, but if porzingis can stay healthy and keep playing like he has the last couple of weeks, that will almost be like an acquisition because he was MIA last year. I haven’t had a chance to watch any games yet this year, but Phoenix’s record looks quite impressive. It’s disappointing to hear so many media starlets still forcing the lakers on us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea he is. I thought he should of played more in the playoffs last season. He’s a free agent after this year. I think Dallas should keep him if he wants to stay. Dallas still need more acquisitions, but if porzingis can stay healthy and keep playing like he has the last couple of weeks, that will almost be like an acquisition because he was MIA last year. I haven’t had a chance to watch any games yet this year, but Phoenix’s record looks quite impressive. It’s disappointing to hear so many media starlets still forcing the lakers on us.

Brunson is for real. I liked watching him play last season as well. He is a hard nosed competitor. What a second round steal by the Mavericks.

The Mavericks really played the Suns well even without Doncic. I liked how they played as a team especially on defense. Porzingis is playing well but the key of course is staying healthy. I like Tim Hardaway Jr. a lot.

The Suns have been winning of late but they are not clicking on all cylinders. They have been winning ugly because Paul and Booker have learned how to close out games. They have a tough stretch of games coming up that will really test them including playing the Warriors.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Brunson is for real. I liked watching him play last season as well. He is a hard nosed competitor. What a second round steal by the Mavericks.

The Mavericks really played the Suns well even without Doncic. I liked how they played as a team especially on defense. Porzingis is playing well but the key of course is staying healthy. I like Tim Hardaway Jr. a lot.

The Suns have been winning of late but they are not clicking on all cylinders. They have been winning ugly because Paul and Booker have learned how to close out games. They have a tough stretch of games coming up that will really test them including playing the Warriors.
Very true about Brunson. somehow the mavs got him with their next pick after doncic. He is a fearless player and someone who will step up in the playoffs if given the chance. I definitely can’t wait to see some of the games between Phoenix and golden state, and Dallas as well. I know the mavs are not there yet, but they are getting closer.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In Brunson's draft I believe Mainstreet was High on him. Of course the Suns picked Okobo. Just think Ayton Bridges and Brunson

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Brunson's draft I believe Mainstreet was High on him. Of course the Suns picked Okobo. Just think Ayton Bridges and Brunson

I wish I could claim credit for wanting Bruson in the 2018 draft but I think it was another poster.

He has turned into a good player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't step foot in the Sun's arena until this stuff with Sarver is solved. I am sure I am not the only one

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose