Manning's last game?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of think it is win or lose. at his age with his injuries it was coming anyways but I think the latest with this PED thing is the kicker. You don't hire a private detective to look at something like that if you're not concerned they might have actually found something and that likely means there was something to find.

I think he probably did what many do, used PED's to rehab and get back quicker, but I suspect now he'll play the game win or lose and retire and hope the story just goes away because he's not playing.

Sort of crazy security, anywhere near team hotels they have people with guns it's like protecting the president or something.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of think it is win or lose. at his age with his injuries it was coming anyways but I think the latest with this PED thing is the kicker. You don't hire a private detective to look at something like that if you're not concerned they might have actually found something and that likely means there was something to find.

I think he probably did what many do, used PED's to rehab and get back quicker, but I suspect now he'll play the game win or lose and retire and hope the story just goes away because he's not playing.

Sort of crazy security, anywhere near team hotels they have people with guns it's like protecting the president or something.

Agree with everything you said.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope this is it for him. Brock is going to be their main concern being that he is a FA next season. Also read somewhere (probably the Onion lol) that the LA Rams would sign Manning if he wanted to play another year if the Broncos or Manning decide not to be back to Denver next season.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the PED's, you are 100% correct. Not saying he did them, but getting older and the traveling, training camps, season, etc. break them all down. Just like in baseball, most guys used PEDs because playing 162 games in 180 days takes its toll. Obviously some used it to get jacked (McGwire, Sosa, Bonds to name few), but I didn't mind it when there was no regulation on PED use in MLB. The game was more exciting and the McGwire/Sosa homerun battle in '99 saved baseball, IMO.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the PED's, you are 100% correct. Not saying he did them, but getting older and the traveling, training camps, season, etc. break them all down. Just like in baseball, most guys used PEDs because playing 162 games in 180 days takes its toll. Obviously some used it to get jacked (McGwire, Sosa, Bonds to name few), but I didn't mind it when there was no regulation on PED use in MLB. The game was more exciting and the McGwire/Sosa homerun battle in '99 saved baseball, IMO.

I obviously don't know but based on what's out there they have admitted his wife got shipments from this clinic they are citing privacy laws in refusing to disclose what she got.

Manning had lawyers go and check the place out to find out what's in the files, my guess is she got the HGH, he used it as part of rehab and now that it leaked out they're doing everything they can to suppress it so he can retire.

The thing with PED's to me is I don't like the people that use them to get an advantage. I don't think Manning really did beyond just trying to get back faster. That is I think he was likely clean until 2011 when he had the neck surgery, he's not a guy who built his career on PED's like so many.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Denver gets murdered again I think his legacy would've been better had he retired after neck surgery. Then we could've remember PM when he was at his best.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Denver gets murdered again I think his legacy would've been better had he retired after neck surgery. Then we could've remember PM when he was at his best.

I think the defense keeps them in the game but I agree it's sad watching him try to play now. he's clearly not healthy, smart as hell but he's a shell of himself.

he had a couple of nice years in Denver but age and his body caught up to him.

I'd like to see Carolina win so we can say we lost to the best team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if he did use them for rehab purposes, I wont care at all. PEDs should be allowed for rehab IMO.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope this is it for him. Brock is going to be their main concern being that he is a FA next season. Also read somewhere (probably the Onion lol) that the LA Rams would sign Manning if he wanted to play another year if the Broncos or Manning decide not to be back to Denver next season.

dreaming is free. That report came out by there is no way in hell he would sign there IMO

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this will be Peyton's last game,...but as I mentioned in a different thread...it would not surprise me if the Broncos asked him to not announce or comment on it until the lock up Osweiller on the cheap..........because if Manning retires right after the game, Brock's price is going to double for Denver,....that would be huge leverage for his agent.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't think they should be, because then there would be pressure (financial and otherwise) on every rehabbing athlete to take them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Manning makes it out of the 1st half. I see him have a Palmeresque type game and Brock coming in, before it gets too out of hand.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think they should be, because then there would be pressure (financial and otherwise) on every rehabbing athlete to take them.

If so next we will have the whole off season this hurts "rehab". Blood test these guys and save it for a 10 year test down the road. Clean it up if player safety is what the want. Or soon every 6'5" can't make it basketball player will be in the NFL.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They already are. They had a former Raider on tv yesterday and he was asked about the Manning stuff. He just laughed and said there's very few offensive or defensive linemen in the NFL that haven't used some sort of PED by the time they've had 5 years in the NFL and most of them were on it in college.

He said he firmly believes Manning used HGH to rehab after the neck surgeries and he has no problem with it and doubts anybody else in the NFL does too.

the problem for Manning is it came out and he immediately denied it so if he's not telling the truth, it'll eventually come out and he'll look bad.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is Peyton's last hurrah no doubt!!!

I was fortunate enough to witness him live against the Cards as well as Unitas, Staubach, Rodgers, Big Ben, Ken Anderson, Eli, Favre, Brees along with former Cards great Hart, Lomax, Warner & Palmer.

#18 is one of the greatest of greats & he's been a total class act on & off the field to watch!!!

I heard he was in total breakdown mode crying yesterday in the teams final team meeting. Good luck in life Peyton!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is Peyton's last hurrah no doubt!!!

I was fortunate enough to witness him live against the Cards as well as Unitas, Staubach, Rodgers, Big Ben, Ken Anderson, Eli, Favre, Brees along with former Cards great Hart, Lomax, Warner & Palmer.

#18 is one of the greatest of greats & he's been a total class act on & off the field to watch!!!

I heard he was in total breakdown mode crying yesterday in the teams final team meeting. Good luck in life Peyton!!!

Yeah, he is gone. Always enjoyed watching him play. Thanks Peyton.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should hang it up. Let's face it, he is only a shell of his former self. He played like crap and the team won despite him. I take nothing away from the Broncos or him. It was a great team win. The defense was fantastic.

He just needs to go out on top.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
This is Peyton's chance to ride off into the sunset a winner. I think he does it. Great career topped of with a Super Bowl win send off. The perfect script ending.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is Peyton's chance to ride off into the sunset a winner. I think he does it. Great career topped of with a Super Bowl win send off. The perfect script ending.

Agreed, no way he can go into another season thinking it will end up like this. Take the Elway route and bail out now it can only get worse from here.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I think he would be nuts not to retire after this game. What a storybook ending, oldest QB to win a SB. Beat the favored team. He threw a TD pass in it. Two SB rings. The comeback after being replaced at QB. He will be 40 soon. Certain HOFer. Just beat your boss out for oldest winning QB in SB history. I think you get the retirement announcement before next weekend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort