Malcom Butler

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They may decide Kyler isn’t worth re-signing. Yeeesh
That's what scares me. Yeah, you have to have a certain kind of offense for Kyler to prosper (which does not have to be a Kingsberry one per say) but I think he's legit and if they cannot win with him... then the onus falls on the coaches and organization

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They may decide Kyler isn’t worth re-signing. Yeeesh
Potentially Kyler can show that he’s an amazing fantasy quarterback that will never be able to lead a team anywhere. An evolutionary Matt Stafford. This is basically what he’s shown his first two seasons.

Even in that case, it’s hard to imagine Keim and Michael not paying Kyler $150 million guaranteed next March. The only question is whether Kyler is so mercurial that he hasn’t endeared himself to the owner and is allowed to play out his fourth year with a fifth year option staring him in the face.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Potentially Kyler can show that he’s an amazing fantasy quarterback that will never be able to lead a team anywhere. An evolutionary Matt Stafford. This is basically what he’s shown his first two seasons.

Even in that case, it’s hard to imagine Keim and Michael not paying Kyler $150 million guaranteed next March. The only question is whether Kyler is so mercurial that he hasn’t endeared himself to the owner and is allowed to play out his fourth year with a fifth year option staring him in the face.

What's scary is the Keim has struggled to put decent rosters together with cheap QBs.

I can't imagine what our roster will look like when 20% of the cap is going to QB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That's what scares me. Yeah, you have to have a certain kind of offense for Kyler to prosper (which does not have to be a Kingsberry one per say) but I think he's legit and if they cannot win with him... then the onus falls on the coaches and organization
Is Kingsberry the new Wilkes?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's see if I have this one, correct. When SK misses on a draft pick, he's stupid. When he gets one right, he's lucky. :)
No, when he misses on a disproportionate number of draft picks he’s stupid. When he rarely blindly finds the stray nut the outlier is understandably considered due, at least in part, to luck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@DVontel The 49ers are also relying on a lot of players who can't stay healthy. Cardinals fans have worried about Watt, but that dude is a three time defensive player of the year and future HOF. Bosa has what? Nine sacks in his career and an extensive injury history going back to high school. Dee Ford has alternated between being ineffective and being hurt, with really only a good year or two.

And their QB issue can only be masqued so much.

AND Shanahan has one winning season in four years.
Eh it’s more than watt with injuries. Like green, our cb whose name escapes me bc he hasn’t played in two years, most of our defensive line. And kingsbury has how many winning seasons? I’ll let you count Texas tech.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh it’s more than watt with injuries. Like green, our cb whose name escapes me bc he hasn’t played in two years, most of our defensive line. And kingsbury has how many winning seasons? I’ll let you count Texas tech.
James Conner, Rondale Moore, Zach Allen, don’t exactly have unblemished injury records of late, either, along with Robert Alford.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's really quite simple to understand:

When you want to dump on Keim you say that the roster stinks, and when KK and coaching are in the crosshairs the roster is fine.

There are posters who've 'mastered' jumping between these contradictions within a single post. :)
It’s not really a “contradiction” if you believe the general roster has issues and the coaching sucks and that’s why we aren’t maximizing the high end talent that does reside on the team. There’s room for blame in both areas when you fail to have a winning season for half a decade.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've thought this for a while, I think Keim purposefully seeks out players that are known to be dinged up because to him it's a situation he can create value.

Get a $10 item for $3. If one in 3 hit, you breakeven (or even ahead) rather than a 0 or 1 proposition. I get it, but for Keim, he seems to be more like 0 of 3 or 1 of 3.

So rather than sign a top-flight guy, he'd rather get three guys with enough injury history to make them a 'bargain'.

Sometimes it seems it isn't even a bargain because he'll risk, say, $6 million a season instead of just paying 10 or so for a top-flight guy.

ReKEIMlation projects

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think you sell kyler short. He’s a second year QB who had minimal help on offense and am okay defense and he won half of his games.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
No, when he misses on a disproportionate number of draft picks he’s stupid. When he rarely blindly finds the stray nut the outlier is understandably considered due, at least in part, to luck.
Shall I dust off the ol draft pick picture again comparing teams draft history?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I've thought this for a while, I think Keim purposefully seeks out players that are known to be dinged up because to him it's a situation he can create value.

Get a $10 item for $3. If one in 3 hit, you breakeven (or even ahead) rather than a 0 or 1 proposition. I get it, but for Keim, he seems to be more like 0 of 3 or 1 of 3.

So rather than sign a top-flight guy, he'd rather get three guys with enough injury history to make them a 'bargain'.

Sometimes it seems it isn't even a bargain because he'll risk, say, $6 million a season instead of just paying 10 or so for a top-flight guy.

ReKEIMlation projects
He likes to buy low.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't know. He's a running quarterback that doesn't like running.
I think he likes to run, he's fast and gets a charge out of making people look stupid which he does but he's also smart and has his pride as a passer and knows he won't have an extended career if running is his first recourse

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson