Malcom Butler

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I did a roster to roster comparison of the Cardinals vs. Rams and I came away thinking that the reason the Rams are better is Donald and Ramsey. Other than that, the Cardinals have more depth and player for player, a better roster.
This is accurate. The Rams roster is a lot of meh surrounding a couple really good players and a good coach.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the Cardinals were consistent ANYWHERE we would be viewed much differently. The problem is that we feel like our offensive play-calling and execution are inconsistent. This is because our QB is inconsistent. Our line is inconsistent. Our WRs outside of Hopkins are inconsistent. Our RBs are inconsistent. On the defensive side, our scheme seems inconsistent. Our pass rush, inconsistent. Tackling, inconsistent. Coverage, inconsistent.

I would argue that our roster as whole is arguably the best in the NFC West but how it will execute is always a mystery. My thought is this is due to constantly having roster turnover and our highest paid players being consistently some of the least reliable ones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All this reaching is so depressing
If the Cardinals were consistent ANYWHERE we would be viewed much differently. The problem is that we feel like our offensive play-calling and execution are inconsistent. This is because our QB is inconsistent. Our line is inconsistent. Our WRs outside of Hopkins are inconsistent. Our RBs are inconsistent. On the defensive side, our scheme seems inconsistent. Our pass rush, inconsistent. Tackling, inconsistent. Coverage, inconsistent.

I would argue that our roster as whole is arguably the best in the NFC West but how it will execute is always a mystery. My thought is this is due to constantly having roster turnover and our highest paid players being consistently some of the least reliable ones.
eh, nah, I would still say the SF has the best roster. Problem with them though is that most of their best players are injury prone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is accurate. The Rams roster is a lot of meh surrounding a couple really good players and a good coach.

It's amazing what good coaching can do and just as important if not more so than roster construction.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is the truth

Daniel Jeremiah was noting a league wide shortage of competent CBs

Many are saying the same thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's under rated how many high round CB's have just been poor in recent years. Hasn;t really been a good group since 2017.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

eh, nah, I would still say the SF has the best roster. Problem with them though is that most of their best players are injury prone.
Their WRs and CB play is meh. QB? Pretty mediocre.

But strong on the lines can make up for the rest.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Many are saying the same thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's under rated how many high round CB's have just been poor in recent years. Hasn;t really been a good group since 2017.

I wouldnt trade the Cardinals CBs for Seattle's.

SF is arguable....probably about the same, but maybe worse.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their WRs and CB play is meh. QB? Pretty mediocre.

But strong on the lines can make up for the rest.
Our WR as a whole is meh & our CB group is worse. Outside of QB & S, they have us beat everywhere else.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Our WR as a whole is meh & our CB group is worse. Outside of QB & S, they have us beat everywhere else.
You think their WRs are better? That's crazy talk IMO.

Hopkins >>>>> Aiyuk

And the next time Deebo stays healthy will be the first time. Dude was hurt most of his college career which is why he wasn't drafted higher. And Trent Sherfield as a number three? I've seen that before and that's a pretty big indicator they're WR corps is straight DOO-DOO.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think their WRs are better? That's crazy talk IMO.

Hopkins >>>>> Aiyuk

And the next time Deebo stays healthy will be the first time. Dude was hurt most of his college career which is why he wasn't drafted higher. And Trent Sherfield as a number three? I've seen that before and that's a pretty big indicator they're WR corps is straight DOO-DOO.
I did not say their WRs are better. I just said our WR group as a whole is meh even with Hop, but since we have Hop, we have the advantage although it’s nothing to brag about.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@DVontel The 49ers are also relying on a lot of players who can't stay healthy. Cardinals fans have worried about Watt, but that dude is a three time defensive player of the year and future HOF. Bosa has what? Nine sacks in his career and an extensive injury history going back to high school. Dee Ford has alternated between being ineffective and being hurt, with really only a good year or two.

And their QB issue can only be masqued so much.

AND Shanahan has one winning season in four years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I did not say their WRs are better. I just said our WR group as a whole is meh even with Hop, but since we have Hop, we have the advantage although it’s nothing to brag about.
I'd categorize the group as significantly better than their WR corps, and it's not even close. It's about as big a gap as any between the team, save their RB advantage.

The Cardinals have a much higher ceiling but obviously have a few questions marks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's also last on their depth chart behind Chris Jones that used to play here
Chris Jones never should have been let go.

He is about the best young corner we have had since PP.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dhop by himself is better than all the 49er's wideouts.

I expect Moore to be really good as well, likely as good as Deebo.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ya'll are really underrating Aiyuk. And Deebo. I give us the slight edge because of DHop, but otherwise...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@DVontel The 49ers are also relying on a lot of players who can't stay healthy. Cardinals fans have worried about Watt, but that dude is a three time defensive player of the year and future HOF. Bosa has what? Nine sacks in his career and an extensive injury history going back to high school. Dee Ford has alternated between being ineffective and being hurt, with really only a good year or two.

And their QB issue can only be masqued so much.

AND Shanahan has one winning season in four years.
I literally said their problem is that most of their best players are injury prone earlier man

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I love this sort of thing, let's take a look.

QB - AZ (Murray)
RB - SF
WR - AZ (Hopkins easily the best, but I will take Green, Kirk and Moore over Deebo, Sano, and James/Sherfield.
TE - SF
OL - SF
DL - AZ (Watt over Armstead)
Jones vs Bosa - Jones, as Bosa needs to be healthy and get more than 9 sacks
LB - SF (though I feel this can change by end of year)
DB - AZ (SF secondary sucks worse than ours. I will take Baker and Murphy over Verrett and Jimmie Ward)

Even if you want to swing one spot, it is still a lot closer than many people think.

Top 10 Cardinals (no order)
1-Kyler Murray
2-Deandre Hopkins
3-Chandler Jones
4-JJ Watt
5-Budda Baker
6-DJ Humphries
7-Rondey Hudson
8-Byron Murphy
9-Markus Golden
10-AJ Green

Top 10 49ers (No Order)
1-Geroge Kittle
2-Trent Williams
3-Fred Warner
4-Brandon Aiyuk
5-Laken Tomlinson
6-Arik Armstead
7-Deebo Samuel
8-Nick Bosa
9-Alex Mack
10-Jason Verrett or Jimmy Garappolo

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niners WRs are often injured Aiyuk. Often injured Deebo then Sanu or Sherfield.

Hopkins, Green, Kirk and Rondale is a far better room. Not close.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I love this sort of thing, let's take a look.

QB - AZ (Murray)
RB - SF
WR - AZ (Hopkins easily the best, but I will take Green, Kirk and Moore over Deebo, Sano, and James/Sherfield.
TE - SF
OL - SF
DL - AZ (Watt over Armstead)
Jones vs Bosa - Jones, as Bosa needs to be healthy and get more than 9 sacks
LB - SF (though I feel this can change by end of year)
DB - AZ (SF secondary sucks worse than ours. I will take Baker and Murphy over Verrett and Jimmie Ward)

Even if you want to swing one spot, it is still a lot closer than many people think.

Top 10 Cardinals (no order)
1-Kyler Murray
2-Deandre Hopkins
3-Chandler Jones
4-JJ Watt
5-Budda Baker
6-DJ Humphries
7-Rondey Hudson
8-Byron Murphy
9-Markus Golden
10-AJ Green

Top 10 49ers (No Order)
1-Geroge Kittle
2-Trent Williams
3-Fred Warner
4-Brandon Aiyuk
5-Laken Tomlinson
6-Arik Armstead
7-Deebo Samuel
8-Nick Bosa
9-Alex Mack
10-Jason Verrett or Jimmy Garappolo
Unfortunately and most importantly:

Cardinals: Kliff Kingsbury

San Fran: Kyle Shanahan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The first part of this I agree with

The 2nd part I'm not so sure of

But with our coaching staff it's hard to tell if it's them or the players

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard