Malcom Butler

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, we “all” were not.

At least Marco played CB all his life.

Brandon was a RB all his life until he switched to CB his senior year. Keim & Bruce somehow thought was a fine pick in the THIRD round despite being bad that year, too. Easily my least favorite pick in the Keim era.
There are so many to pick from

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really not stressed. I liked Wilson in the draft. Some will recall me calling for him in the draft day thread.

And honestly he's looked better than I thought. Played against some starters vs Cowboys and made plays.

Smart kid. Elite athlete. There's going to be some mistakes, but then there were going to be times Butler got burnt athletically.

The bigger question is Murphy. Murphy and Alford were going to start anyway. Can Murphy make the leap the coaches have been talking up?

(I doubt it. I've been underwhelmed by his coverage so far)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In a move many did not see coming until this week, the Arizona Cardinals placed starting cornerback Malcolm Butler on the reserve/retired list as they cut 15 players Tuesday.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be particularly upset if Butler refuses to play, retirement or otherwise, and the Cardinals have to pay him.

Can we trade him?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Byron Murphy/Alford and who? This is the saddest group of Cardinals CB's I can ever remember. That's one ok slot corner and nothing anyone else would have in their top 3.

We're seriously going to rely on Marco Wilson and Robert Alford. That's somewhere beyond pathetic planning.
your memory isnt good

in 2019, rookie Murphy started with Tremaine Brock as the CBs. I beleive Kevin Peterson was the slot guy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
AZ Sports says they will move Murphy to the slot on nickle and dime packages according to their guys covering the team. I guess that implies he starts as CB on 1st and 2cnd downs.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
AZ Sports says they will move Murphy to the slot on nickle and dime packages according to their guys covering the team. I guess that implies he starts as CB on 1st and 2cnd downs.
and not to beat a dead horse, but:

Murphy was literally the teams' highest rated corner last year.

Murphy as a third year player is probably very different from Murphy as a rookie

Murphy in a role as a player in his first or second year doesn't pigeon hole him into that role forever.

Could he fail outside? Sure, but people are treating it as fait accompli based on the first 6 games of his career when forced into the CB1 role.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In keim's mind, probably.

No reasonable, sane, clear thinking person would entertain it however.
Last time I saw him play, he looks cooked. Getting by on ability to read offenses fast enough to get in somewhat position on plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA