MAJOR Kudos to crowd at game

roland77

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't post very often, but I was watching the game on my big screen with surround sound here on the East Coast, and I wanted to give major props to the fans at the game today, you guys were amazing. There were almost no Eagles fans and you guys were ROCKING the whole game; I can't imagine any stadium being much louder. Great job! It really felt like I was there with you (I was in spirit). I've been waiting for this for 25 years, ever since O'Donoghue missed that field goal against the Redskins in the last game of '84 and cost us the division title (I live in Redskins country). Congrats to all of us for this! UNBELIEVABLE!

One more!

GO CARDS!

:band:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see the 4-5 nuns that were at the game?! I am PRETTY SURE I saw them wearing Cardinal pins with their nun outfit

LOVED IT!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys played a bigger part than you realize. Thanks more than you can know.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't post very often, but I was watching the game on my big screen with surround sound here on the East Coast, and I wanted to give major props to the fans at the game today, you guys were amazing. There were almost no Eagles fans and you guys were ROCKING the whole game; I can't imagine any stadium being much louder. Great job! It really felt like I was there with you (I was in spirit). I've been waiting for this for 25 years, ever since O'Donoghue missed that field goal against the Redskins in the last game of '84 and cost us the division title (I live in Redskins country). Congrats to all of us for this! UNBELIEVABLE!

One more!

GO CARDS!

:band:
:newcards: #1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I was very surprised

maybe 5% Eagle fans, and that may be generous

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I was there, I gave my all, but it was the other 65,000+ Cardinal fans that made that stadium what it was. I was, and am, in awe of them. I am just a fan, those people today wearing red were incredible. They never let up, they never gave up, they were Cardinal fans.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It was a masterpiece.

I counted at least two false starts, it wasn't a huge factor against the Eagles but it was there and there were Eagle fans that said it would be zero, it was NOT ZERO!!!!

What it did for our team was incalculable, it was probably the difference between folding up under a withering rally or doing what they did and driving for glory.

It was incredible.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Headache; shreaded voice; so happy I may cry...
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, I'd say there were about 5k Egirl fans peppered throughout the stadium.

There was not the normal gathering behind the visitor bench, but a decent number throughout the stadium.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My entire body aches... Head is poundng... Throat is ripped to shreads...

The entire stadium NEVER sat for one second... I am simply speechless...

3 Advil on the way....

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
yep, was an amazing scene. my megaphone went directly into the ears of two eagles fans in front of me. surely they have a headache!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i know our family was going nuts.

midway through the third quarter the lack of hydration and the yelling combined to have me doubled over between plays with cramping in my abdomen. i mean, i would yell during the defensive play and then double over holding my side. cheese gave me a soma (muscle reliever), but i couldn't take it b/c my throat was too dry from yelling and i just couldn't leave me seat to get a water. i'm better now, but i think i'll be feeling the effects of this for days to come.

the crowd was just awesome. the eagle fan sitting in front me (who was very cool, btw) mouthed the word "wow" to his buddy at least three times during the game in reference to the noise. just awesome.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sneezed and I think my head exploded.

Then I laughed and my voice cracked and pittered out.

I am battered and my feet sore, but holy crap do I FEEL AMAZING!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even want to talk about this aspect of the game, it meant so much to me. There were times when it was so loud, I felt like my heart was going to shake out of my chest. The people I've sat since day 1 at UofP, I now feel like they are true friends. Throughout the whole game, we went nuts together. After the trophy presentation, we all hugged each other, and said "See ya in August" before we all left. But, we asked the guy who sits next to me to give a little extra for all of us in Tampa. (He brought a plane ticket last week! Now THAT is faith!)

It was beautiful. The greatest event I've ever been a part of, next to my wedding day and the birth of my kids.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hurt. My ears ring. My voice is gone.

And I am in a state of unbelievable calm.

Did we win? Did we? Did we really? I jumped into Harley's arms like he was my daddy after the game in the parking lots....holy crap...we won!!! WE DID!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard