Madjack's Banner Suggestions - Seattle Game!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
couldn't be more proud right now... but probably will be when I walk in that stadium!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done, Cheese.

It is BRILLIANT!!

this may sound ridiculous to some... but it actually means A LOT to me that I came up with that and people rallied around it. Most of y'all know I write TV for a living and I LOVE doing it, but I'm having a SUPER HARD time right now at work, writing something I simply CAN NOT wrap my head around and I have questioned myself and my talent to no end the last six weeks... which has been infuriating and exhausting.

but those three little words I strung together make me happy.

stupid... but is what it is.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this may sound ridiculous to some... but it actually means A LOT to me that I came up with that and people rallied around it. Most of y'all know I write TV for a living and I LOVE doing it, but I'm having a SUPER HARD time right now at work, writing something I simply CAN NOT wrap my head around and I have questioned myself and my talent to no end the last six weeks... which has been infuriating and exhausting.

Right on man. Like BA says, "There are no little things, they're all big things." Hope work improves, just keep grinding dude.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Losing confidence happens to anyone who has some smarts about them. It just shows you can see more than a single point of view and are open to different thoughts and ideas.

Know that you are a smart and creative man and although not everything comes easy all the time you will make it work in the long term.

So yes, those 3 words strung together are proof positive that you can do anything you want creativity wise. Your passion for the Cards made it easier so find your passion for your current project.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Speaking as someone from L.A. who is familiar with both writing and the business and as someone who knows exactly what you've accomplished to get your name on the credits..... I'm probably the biggest non-blood-relative fan you have. You'll get there. I've no doubts about that.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals... all kind words much appreciated. been a rough six weeks, with one more to go until a very looked forward to christmas break.

Reaction score
MadJack, I've gotta say your banners are simply outstanding!!! But the 12 on the banner when playing against Seattle almost seems as though it is giving a little homage to the opponent and their 12th man. JMHO.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cheese that's a great phrase. Madjack awesome job on the banner. Great job guys I can't wait to see it on TV this Sunday night.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals... all kind words much appreciated. been a rough six weeks, with one more to go until a very looked forward to christmas break.

Life is all about peaks and valleys... And for those of us who write, be it for work or enjoyment, there will always be those points where our minds seem to aimlessly wonder...no direction, no purpose...and no end in sight.
I'm sure you have some tried and true techniques to break that pattern. For me, getting "away" from others, blocking out the world and being "alone" with a cup of coffee, some of my favorite tunes and pen & paper (or keyboard), is what usually brings me back on track...
Good luck Cheese. You got this bro!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would like to steal from Clint Eastwood's movie "High Plains Drifter" where he makes the town inhabitants paint all the buildings red and has a sign outside the place welcoming the returning outlaws to 'HELL'... paint the visitor's locker room all red, everything red and have hell posted outside the door as a nice warm reception for the Seahawks :D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would like to steal from Clint Eastwood's movie "High Plains Drifter" where he makes the town inhabitants paint all the buildings red and has a sign outside the place welcoming the returning outlaws to 'HELL'... paint the visitor's locker room all red, everything red and have hell posted outside the door as a nice warm reception for the Seahawks :D

It would also be nice to get into the fourth quarter and then all of a sudden the Cardinals start passing all over them for touchdowns with a QB that is wearing Lindley's uniform but resembles ummm, Kurt Warner. Then like the outlaws to the ghost sheriff of Clint's character as he is taking them out one by one will look at our QB in awe and go, "who are you?" lol

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
MadJack, I've gotta say your banners are simply outstanding!!! But the 12 on the banner when playing against Seattle almost seems as though it is giving a little homage to the opponent and their 12th man. JMHO.

Interesting point, CardLogic. Easy to simply remove it from the banner.

I would be interested in the thoughts of others here?

Thanks,
MadJack.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score

Cheesebeef,

Your feelings are neither ridiculous or stupid but are heartfelt. You should be honored to know that your banner suggestion was highly supported on the AZ Cardinals fan forum as well which made it an easy call.

Thanks,
MadJack.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards fans,

Again, thanks for all of your fine banner suggestions this past week.

Rarely has a single banner suggestion received such widespread support so I think we're done here. Going with:

"EVERY MAN UP!"

It is perfect as it applies to ALL of us, fan and players alike and should serve as an inspiration if and when it is flashed on the jumbotron! Additionally, the 'U' in UP will have arrows extending upwards as well as the Duckjake tribute in smaller letters above the main message. I will post a pic later.

Special congrats to 'cheesebeef' for this excellent suggestion!

Thanks,
MadJack.

Nice!!!. Like it. Represents the emphasis on TEAM not an individual player. Something the 2014 Arizona Cardinals have emphasized all year long.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting point, CardLogic. Easy to simply remove it from the banner.

I would be interested in the thoughts of others here?

Thanks,
MadJack.

I wasn't going to second-guess your decision...... but Seattle's 12th man is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. It's too close a link to the other side. I can hear the announcers, or Seattle fans saying, "Looks like the Cards fans are giving a shout out to Seattle." followed by a few chuckles. Glad you're re-thinking it. I'd 86 it.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Great stuff all around in this thread...

Cheese, keep grinding and make sure to let me know if there is any of your work I can support going forward. Writing is tough, and can be like quicksand at times. If you ever want anyone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to shoot me a message.

MadJack, thanks for your work on this. When I watch from out of state, I do look forward to those messages. Makes me feel like I am part of the experience.

This is a big week, and regardless of how I think it may go, the Cards have been defying the odds all year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard