Madden NFL 10

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
downloading the demo now. if you preorder at gamestop they give you a code to download the demo with 5 minute quarters. i can't wait till the 14th :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
downloading the demo now. if you preorder at gamestop they give you a code to download the demo with 5 minute quarters. i can't wait till the 14th :)

There is also a cracked demo so that you don't have to preorder at Gamestop and still get the 5 minutes quarters

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really tired of the Madden Franchise. They are really going to have to do something spectacular to get me to bite. Every year its soooo hyped only to fee like a glorified roster update. Honestly, they have not innovated in years.

I have owned Madden every single year and this might be the first year I skip. The only thing that is slightly tempting is that fact that the Steelers/Cards teams will be really fun to play with on the game.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I am really tired of the Madden Franchise. They are really going to have to do something spectacular to get me to bite. Every year its soooo hyped only to fee like a glorified roster update. Honestly, they have not innovated in years.

I have owned Madden every single year and this might be the first year I skip. The only thing that is slightly tempting is that fact that the Steelers/Cards teams will be really fun to play with on the game.

If this wasn't the first year that the Cardinals were gonna be in the top half of teams in the game I would skip it as well. Just gonna be fun to be able to finally play using the Cardinals online and win, cause the past 6-7 years I played with them and was just at such a disadvantage....this is the year for payback.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
There is a really good deal with Sports Illustrated. If you get a year of the mag for $49 you get Madden 10 for free.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That's interesting, I'd like to do that. So they send it to you after you subscribe?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, just played the demo. Feels more of the same to me. Like I said the only thing that could drive me to buy this is the fact the Cards will be a powerhouse on the game. I will probably wait until it goes on sale. Have not decided.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
I just played the demo you get with preorder. Cards vs steelers redo. It seems vastly improved to me, but thats just one man's perception. Specifically, there is an actual pocket around the qb. I wont get away with running latterally and backwards and launching an 80 yarder anymore. Its slowed down a little so that I can actually see blocks develop in the running game. The tackling also looks and feels a lot more realistic. If I don't take the right angle of pursuit, the AI will shake me for sure but I can slow him to give my pursuing tacklers a crack.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
The kids out there that snagged early copies say that he is not in the free agent pool as of today.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Bill Simmons today, his buddy said that there is an online franchise mode, battles for fumbles beneath the pile, the possibility of intercepting batted down passes, and somewhat slower players on franchise modes.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I quit playing after 08. Anybody know if they ever fixed the online play so that a-holes couldn't sub players into certain positions that create mismatches and stopped the complete realignment of the defensive line which allowed them almost instant access to the backfield?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm exactly opposite. :D This will be the first year that I have bought a Madden game in the past 5 or 6 years. I got 97 for free and so I have played that.

It will be nice to be able to play as the Cards and not have a significant disadvantage everytime I play.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just rented from blockbuster....

Beat San Fran 47 to 10. Seemed like last year with a couple of nice differences. I will be putting it on my bday list in sept. will perpetually rent it until then.

1. Tipped passes can be caught.
2. Upgraded stadiums.
3. Real pockets.
4. The Cards actually are pretty good.
5. Simplified menu.

Overall, very close gameplay to last year but more smooth.

Kurt went for 386 and 3.
Fitz 8 for 180 and a touch.
Q 6 for 116 and 2 touches.
Beanie... 77yds and 2 touches.
Timmy - 1 yard 1 td.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
after playing Madden 09, I will continue to play NFL 2k5, APF 2k8, and I can't wait for backbreaker :D

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Played it yesterday at a friends house and it is very nice. I haven't bought a Madden since 07 and I think I'll get this one. Cardinals are pretty much unstoppable, specifically Fitz and DRC is an absolute pick machine (He got 3 INT's in the 2 games I played.)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. It's a lot tougher to play run D I'm finding. I just got absolutely torched by Frank Gore, and in the previous game I was having a helluva time stopping Sproles in the SD wildcat.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ugh! Just read the updates that they will be putting into the Aug 19th roster updates. Greg Toler and Stephens-Howling will NOT be in that update. Seriously, that sucks that they can't even put our draft picks into the game

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW, the goal line fade pass to Fitzgerald should be illegal. It's undefendable! I think I'm like 20 for 20 with it

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, the goal line fade pass to Fitzgerald should be illegal. It's undefendable! I think I'm like 20 for 20 with it

So they are getting more realistic in the game. Nice.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I seem to buy Madden on day 1 or 2 every single year. And every year I'm extremely disappointed. (Stat bugs, unrealistic play, etc.) It seems like they've fixed most of those issues this year?

I'm a big franchise nerd and want to game to be as close to "real life" as possible.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
vick and favre should be in the update today lol

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just picked this up today,time to give it another whirl.
There was a time when i lived and breathed Madden.
2005 was the last one i enjoyed.

Hey man we are having an ASFN Franchise draft tonight at 8... you should join if you have it on Xbox.. whats your GT name?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen