Madden 09

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rewind is the dumbest, dumbest feature ever.

I rewound a TD on accident...asshat developers. Who needs mulligans in videogame football?????????????????????????????????/

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rewind is the dumbest, dumbest feature ever.

I rewound a TD on accident...asshat developers. Who needs mulligans in videogame football?????????????????????????????????/

I agree 100% .. I hate it.. I wish it was no where.. I keep looking for a turn off switch..

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I agree 100% .. I hate it.. I wish it was no where.. I keep looking for a turn off switch..

When you are selecting sides before the game, hit Square (PS3) or X (360) and you can change the gamer mode as well as change the number of rewinds allowed in the game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from the IQ thing I am not seeing anything revolutionary here. I just started so I will see. I agree with everyone else....rewind is stupid.

Luckily when I started franchise mode, it allowed me to turn it off before I began through the setup. I will have to look for some of you guys online.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been playing a lot of superstar, have to say it is far better than in the past.

I still loathe the training schedule and all the loading involved plus having to "quit" practice to leave, it is all very confusing.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you set up more than one roster file on the PS3? I like to have one for the real rosters and another for the Super-Cardinals.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bought this the other night. Don't like it....going to take it back & exchange it for a bluetooth mic. I was addicted to Madden from like '99 thru 2006.
There's too much crap thrown into the plumbing anymore. Depth in terms of franchise mode is great but as far as actually playing the game itself?....too much for me anymore. By the time you "take the time" to call the right plays which has always been my strengths in the past....you've got about 10 sec to run thru about 30 pre-snap options that IMO are useless. I was yelling at the game screaming...."I just want to put my reciever in motion for **** sake!" Also the graphics and player movement were a big letdown for me.
Call me old school maybe, but i'll stick with the Madden's from a few years ago.
I liked '03(Faulk) and '06(McNabb).

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so far it is easily the best madden....

You aint kidding.. I get into these games like its a real deal.. The IQ makes it alot better.. I just beat the cowboys on a last second field goal to win 24-21.. I got the ball to the 25 yard line from the 32 yrad line with Edge getting getting two to three to four yards and the cowboys calling TO's.. Then the cowboys let me run down the clock to 4 seconds from 29 seconds when they had 1 TO left.. Then them jerkoffs tried to ice Rackers game winning FG.. Nope, I won, the clock showed zeros when the ball went thru the uprights.. woohoo lol..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW.. My season record is 4-2 going into week 8.. Ive only lost to the Jets and the Bills..

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think so far it is easily the best madden....

Considering there has not been a good madden in years, that is not saying much. Even though I feel this is an improvement from last year, I am still wishing 2K Sports was still making NFL games.

I went back to Madden because they have the license rights to the NFL. However, despite these improvements, the last NFL2k game was still better then this one. Again, nice improvement from last year but not revolutionary by any stretch.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering there has not been a good madden in years, that is not saying much. Even though I feel this is an improvement from last year, I am still wishing 2K Sports was still making NFL games.

I went back to Madden because they have the license rights to the NFL. However, despite these improvements, the last NFL2k game was still better then this one. Again, nice improvement from last year but not revolutionary by any stretch.

I meant ever, not the last few years.

2k woulda had a next gen setback also.

I did not like 2k.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, ended my first season. The good? 10 wins and a new high of 700+ IQ

The bad? Wildcard round (Rams win division) leave my backside stinging with a 51 (!) to 24 loss to the Vikings.

AP tore my backside. And apparently Berrian can break tackles like LT. No lie, on one play he broke a Wilson tackle (bull), a Rolle tackle, then because of all the "escape" animations Dockett caught up, only to have his tackle broken...
I'm still cheezed.

Haven't seen any progression yet, and I read someplace that there's a progression bug. Looking forward to offseason changes and an NCAA real draft.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh and the best part?

Dolphins made the playoffs, only to lose to the Colts, who would become the AFC representitive in the SB.

The odd? Manning was injured in week 12 for the season, then fell Sorgi. Chris Simms ended up on the team (not sure if he was a FA) and played well enough to get them their...

Not sure how I feel about the simming process so far.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started a franchise but am irritated with the fact that I am the worst offence and best defense in the league due to all sim games going with 15 mionute quarters.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yep, 2K5 is still the best football game I've played. I do think this is an improvement, but it still has some big flaws (namely receivers running out of bounds on certain out patterns no matter how quickly you get rid of the ball).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, 2K5 is still the best football game I've played. I do think this is an improvement, but it still has some big flaws (namely receivers running out of bounds on certain out patterns no matter how quickly you get rid of the ball).

I had a RB run a swing route and connected with him 40 yards up field on superstar mode as QB. He caught it on the 5 by the right sideline and ran straight left to the left sideline, about 5 yards before he got out of bounds someone tackled him into the endzone.

Bugs everywhere.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got online with my xbox.

Is anyone up for an online ASFN league/season?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard