Madden 09

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downloaded the demo for the PS3...

The playable part are some series of tests that play into your overall IQ. Then, you're the Giants on the last drive of the Super Bowl against the Patriots. You start out at 4th and 1 with 1 timeout remaining.

I had a lot of fun with it and I'm going to get it. The last Madden I bought was 2004, and I haven't played any of the 2k games since the Dreamcast, so I don't know what I've been missing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downloaded the demo for the PS3...

The playable part are some series of tests that play into your overall IQ. Then, you're the Giants on the last drive of the Super Bowl against the Patriots. You start out at 4th and 1 with 1 timeout remaining.

I had a lot of fun with it and I'm going to get it. The last Madden I bought was 2004, and I haven't played any of the 2k games since the Dreamcast, so I don't know what I've been missing.

played it too, very promicing.

VR tests set your difficulty, for example my running was all pro while passing was all madden.

Game looks solid itself.

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
A little off topic, but GameStop is almost as bad as EA Sports. I go in to my local GameStop to preorder Madden so I can pick it up at Midnight and to pick up a new controller. As I'm about to pay, they inform me that they will not be open at midnight but I can come pick up the game tomorrow at 10am when they open.

To me this is just ********. I understand the idea that it guarantees me a copy but with a Wal-Mart a stones throw away from the store, I'm really not worried about looking all over town for a copy of the game. It just seems like a terrible business decision to me. /rant

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
48 minutes till I am going to pick up my copy. Its getting more and more fun to play this game as the Cardinals. The only downside is now with them being a better team, it doesn't force me to be as good of a player. If anyone ever wants a game, DirtyPirates on 360....there are 3 of us here in this house that play, so it shouldn't be tough to get a game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From the reviews it sounds like Madden 09 is a real solid game it kind of sucks though that the madden 09 league isn't really a league like ncaa 09 online dynasty mode but more of a round robin tournament which kind of sucks... But other than that people are saying the game plays real smooth online, and also that the running game and the passing game feels much more fluid. I've also read that people have been having defense type games which is real good one guy said he had a game where the score was 21 all in the 4th qtr on 8 min qtr :). This game sounds real fun can't wait till this weekend ncaa 09 gets a few more days of playing time lol.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to virgin today on lunch figure they will have a copy, Pre orders are a waste of time.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Got it.

Already had it lock up twice. The game freezes at play select screen.

I know I'm angry right now, but if EA were any other company but a video game one and they ran their business like this it'd be damn near anti-trust.

"Unsafe at Any Framerate"

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Madden IQ is 342 right now.. I rock, ha.. Anyways.. I just pulled a forth quarter comeback against the 49ers.. Alex Smith then got rattled and threw 2 picks thrying to make his own comeback..

Is it just me, or do these players run really weird on this game.. Doesnt look natural at all.. Almost like the old school Madden games..

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Can anyone who has 09 let me know if they got the Cardinals positions right this year? Frustrating w/ Dansby at OLB, and not being able to switch his position to ILB w/o his rating going down. Sounds little, but it sure irks at me that I have to sub in and out players for that "RL" feel, which I crave, and w/o it the game is severely lacking for me.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone who has 09 let me know if they got the Cardinals positions right this year? Frustrating w/ Dansby at OLB, and not being able to switch his position to ILB w/o his rating going down. Sounds little, but it sure irks at me that I have to sub in and out players for that "RL" feel, which I crave, and w/o it the game is severely lacking for me.

They have a 3-4 and 4-3 package, although the line switching has to be done manually.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
No Tim Hightower? Lame.

The new graphics of sliding your feet on the ground to keep inbounds while catching is pretty cool.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Maybe try to get a roster update. Hightower was on my roster though right off the bat. He is a solid RB in the game, really nice back to give Edge a breather with.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I got it but have only played it for about 10 minutes total. My temporary roommate (and female) made me turn it off :(

Dang. I don't even give my wife that kind of pull. Fight the power!

I need to get this game. Stupid payday is still one day away! It's too long!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it but have only played it for about 10 minutes total. My temporary roommate (and female) made me turn it off :(

Wait, you just bought a house. Have a female roommate, (and didn't tell us btw) And she made YOU turn off your game?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm, details????

MADE you??? Damn, man. Tell her I said to kiss your ass, and if she wants to talk about it, I'll come teach her some manners...the hard way.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do tell!

I had two female roommates in my day and slept with neither. Other buddies swear by having female roommates though due to the accessibility.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Madden IQ is 342 right now.. I rock, ha.. Anyways.. I just pulled a forth quarter comeback against the 49ers.. Alex Smith then got rattled and threw 2 picks thrying to make his own comeback..

Is it just me, or do these players run really weird on this game.. Doesnt look natural at all.. Almost like the old school Madden games..

My IQ is close to 600, lost to the 9ers 10-16 in the opener.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

everyone is in the right spot, this too made 08 unplayable for me.