Madden 09

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First hands on preview, it looks like Madden has been focusing on making tons of incremental improvements rather than the one or two grand "back of the box" features as they typically do. Great change, if that is indeed the case.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/875/875772p1.html

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many more years until EA's NFL license runs out?

UGH.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of the nfl2k series it was a sad day when easports brought the nfl license, I just really loved the post season features that was on the nfl2k it offered a lot more then ea madden. I remember in 2k5 you could actually hold like wr mettings etc to prepare for the game that was really cool. I hope madden09 is a lot better then 08 because madden08 just got boring real quick other then then the online play.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved madden until it went next gen, ever since then it has been garbage. Whatever they are promicing is broken promices until I see it.

How about you change it back to all the options of the last gen? like not letting my opponent on the couch see what play I am picking.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench press and 40 yard dash ARE stupid, but overall I still really like EA and Madden.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Madden 2009 photos of Jiffy Pop

they finally got the endzones right

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am amazed how long it took to even get our stadium right.

09 might be the first madden I do not buy.

Then again, I could just buy the one that comes out on ps2, those were WAYYYY better than the next gen.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Madden

I turned on 08 last night and got reminded of how garbage madden is nowadays. Any cardinal player who trys to play the game has to be furious.

The defense is a mess. Karlos is listed as ROLB, berry and okeafor as D ends, dockett as a DT. When you change it to the 3-4 offense it does not give you the option of berry or okeafor at OLB even though pace is there. Then you have to list dansby as a backup to beisel just to get him at MLB but then you have no ROLB cuz berry is not an option. The interface, play calling and rosters are HORRIBLY flawed, the game is OK nothing more. I saw some screen of 09, looks amazing. Ever see a ****** and thought it was a woman at first? thats what Madden feels like.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BRR, You know how big of a fan I am of NFL2K5, and you know I agree with you 100% on the next-gen madden series.

Having said that, watch this video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34999.html

That actually looks like it could be fun. The animation and the players look really smooth. The offensive / defensive line play is still not as good as on last year's APF 2k8 game, but this game actually looks playable and fun.

Yeah, the replay feature looks stupid though. Still, I'm actually going to pick up Madden this year and give it a real shot.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sadly, I come on here at work and cant watch videos but I am assuming it is the football game with the legends and pretend teams?

Buying that game is like buying "Tony Kornheisers CFL 2009"

I need real football and real cardinals....in the right positions...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sadly, I come on here at work and cant watch videos but I am assuming it is the football game with the legends and pretend teams?

Buying that game is like buying "Tony Kornheisers CFL 2009"

I need real football and real cardinals....in the right positions...

At least the ability to change player positions.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nevermind I thought you were comparing it to APF08 and this was apf09.

I have the newest game informer at home with pics and an article but I got pissed off at madden 08 and didnt read the article on 09. My guess is that the controls will suck, you will still be able to watch what play your buddy picked instead of him having 4 plays on screen with different button designations. You will also not be able to sub players into the spots on the roster they are supposed to have, no matter what your gameday program says the roseter update will still be wrong. You will have to push start just to access the menu and then sit through all kinds of stupid **** navigating to find what you need. Hardcore ranked will not be in multiplayer, 40 yd dash will still be boring and stupid. The jump from all pro to all madden will be a difference of 40 points per team again. The replays, cams and cardinals stadium will still be garbage and lastly, I will be pissed off.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing I'm doing in Madden 09 is turning off "rewind" as well as the stupid looking skill icons.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant see the pictures, 07 and 08 the endzone is where my seats are....they need to get it right.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard