Macro themes going forward

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I only invest long term anymore, I don't trade, and I only buy individual stocks which at the moment means Ford only.

Otherwise I have all my money in tbills just to ride out the storm for a while here.

I don't think we've bottomed out yet but I expect we will over the course of this year or next and then some awesome buying opportunities should present themselves.

I just wanted to start a thread going forward for some ideas on what people think the general landscape will look like so that some investing ideas might crop up.

First of all the shorts.

I think commercial real estate is going to get absolutely shelled but so far it's hung in there.

GGP was a great short but that's over with.

Any ideas on this sector?

I think going forward a lot of chain out to eat stores are going to have a tough time, Yahoo just did a story on Applebees.

Goldman Sachs to me is a good short in the near future, I think it's going to get hammered bigtime in the not so distant future simply because the party is over and it's time for regulatory protection is IMO run out.

Longs are tougher right now just because of where I think we are.

IMAX is my best idea right now just rooted in the whole experience of the movies play on hard times, love this right now and haven't bought yet but will shortly.

Not investment advice but I'd like to hear what others ideas are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard