Lost - Season 4 (spoilers)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season Finale Perdiction!!!!!!!

Since I read we will find out who is in the casket on the finale I think Locke is in the casket. If Ben can get off the Island, Locke can too. The guys first name started with a J. I also think Jack will reach out to Ben to get back to the island since he wants to get back really bad and Ben is the key to that. Any thoughts?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Season Finale Perdiction!!!!!!!

Since I read we will find out who is in the casket on the finale I think Locke is in the casket. If Ben can get off the Island, Locke can too. The guys first name started with a J. I also think Jack will reach out to Ben to get back to the island since he wants to get back really bad and Ben is the key to that. Any thoughts?

That's a good theory, but I think there are still tons of reason why it ISN'T Locke, like that he should have been part of the Oceanic 6 if he got off the island--how did he get off otherwise? Also, the funeral was held in the ghetto, so that supports the Michael theory a lot more. But who knows? Locke would certainly fit the scenario that nobody went to the service and Kate wouldn't want to go.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good theory, but I think there are still tons of reason why it ISN'T Locke, like that he should have been part of the Oceanic 6 if he got off the island--how did he get off otherwise? Also, the funeral was held in the ghetto, so that supports the Michael theory a lot more. But who knows? Locke would certainly fit the scenario that nobody went to the service and Kate wouldn't want to go.

He could get off just like Ben did in the flash forward we saw. Remember Ben handing John his weapon at the end of last week. I think that ment something. Plus I think Michael will die saving people on the freighter.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Ben gave himself up at the end of the last episode, so now we know how he gets off the island. I don't think it was Locke in the casket. His character dying makes no sense.

Hurley dying makes sense based on the "lunacy" he is suffering from, but not from a casket size standpoint or being in the ghetto. The 6 obviously have $$ from the settlement, and Hurley's family was big enough as to where he would have a large enough gathering for his death.

I still can't get over Cheech. That's the guy from Up In Smoke, LMAO!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben gave himself up at the end of the last episode, so now we know how he gets off the island. I don't think it was Locke in the casket. His character dying makes no sense.

Hurley dying makes sense based on the "lunacy" he is suffering from, but not from a casket size standpoint or being in the ghetto. The 6 obviously have $$ from the settlement, and Hurley's family was big enough as to where he would have a large enough gathering for his death.

I still can't get over Cheech. That's the guy from Up In Smoke, LMAO!

The island could have been done with him.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Others come and go as they please, and they don't seem to be restricted by time or death. Remember, Michael is working for Ben specifically because Tom Friendly visited him in the future -- a timeline in which Friendly is supposed to be dead on the island.

I'll say this: I would find it hard to believe the character most central to the show (Locke) is in the coffin, but if it is him, the writers would strain all credibility to continue keeping Locke in his position. The show doesn't really work without him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Others come and go as they please, and they don't seem to be restricted by time or death. Remember, Michael is working for Ben specifically because Tom Friendly visited him in the future -- a timeline in which Friendly is supposed to be dead on the island.

I'll say this: I would find it hard to believe the character most central to the show (Locke) is in the coffin, but if it is him, the writers would strain all credibility to continue keeping Locke in his position. The show doesn't really work without him.

Tom died on the beach when Hurley drove the van through some of them. That happened while Jack was calling the freighter which Michael was on. So, Tom already recruited Michael. And maybe Locke is not dead on the island. Maybe it is a future Locke that came back.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Tom wasn't a future tom. That was a flashback to him recruiting Michael.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Sun was too upset a few episodes ago at the grave site after she gave birth to the baby.

Wouldn't also the thought of being separated in life from your husband while he's stranded on an island no one knows exists draw the same reaction? Perhaps it might make a person more desperate knowing their loved one isn't likely resting in peace. It might make a woman take on corporate giants and perhaps go to war with the corporate titan named Widmore to perhaps regain said husband while minimizing the formerly ogre we know of as her father.

Just a guess.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Sun was too upset a few episodes ago at the grave site after she gave birth to the baby.

I just figured she was upset because he wasn't there with her. He may be alive, but as far as she knows they will never see each other again.

Remember the obituary? I thought about everything and it fit Michael. He was originally from New York, he was survived by a teenage son, and now I can't remember what else it was.

I don't see any chance of it being John. The show revolves around Jack and him. It's not Hurley. Kate would have been at his viewing.

Joe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I didn't get that at all, especially after seeing the date that was on the tombstone as the day of his death (the day the plane crashed).

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that at all, especially after seeing the date that was on the tombstone as the day of his death (the day the plane crashed).

That could mean anything, because we already know the Oceanic 6 lie and say everyone else but two died in the crash.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best scenes for me in the last few episodes was the eerie look on Clair's face in the cabin. She had this sort of evil smile. Just was just kicking back in the cabin like she didn't have a care in the world. She looked as if she knew everything was going to be alright.

It was just freaking eerie.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, last chance to make some bets about who is in the coffin. I am still going with Locke.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Well it was Locke, kind of a dissapointing episode if you ask me, best part of the episode was penny and desmond. Now all next season will be focused around Ben and Jack trying to get everyone back. Locke goin back and talking to everyone including Walt should be interesting. Guess Jin and Micheal really do die. The whole orchid thing still is weird with the Ice pit which would explain the polar bear but how the hell does that work, and since ben said he could never go back how can he tell jack they are all gonna go back?