Longshot For New GM

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the reputation of the Bidwills, I have friends and family members who have played and worked in the NFL and for the Cardinals specifically. Bill was notoriously miserly, Michael isn't as bad but still runs a half ass organization. A specific example I remember of the petty cheapness was that the Bidwills have their players provide their own flip flops for the showers, while most teams have every imaginable convenience available to their players. Not a big deal in itself but indicative of the 2nd class-ness.
Whenever I hear a player ragging on the Cardinals, I associate that with the Bidwills. A great GM might be able to establish his own culture and overcome this but I think the GM's that we've had have been more "towing the company line" type guys. That's probably the only type that Michael would accept.
Old story about the flip flops but yeah nice try mr friends amd family

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you think MB didn't love Arians??
I think the line in the sand was BA wanting to keep horrible coaches on the roster.

I think MB likes SK a lot..... But at the end of the day, if he checks his draft record vs our roster... He might make the same decision.
Doubt he checks anything. If the decision to hire KK & draft KM was the decision of SK, then MB signed off on it so if he fires him at the end of this season (won't happen) then it's because of previous yrs draft & FA debacles. SK will be given at least another yr & maybe 2? Now if this team completely falls apart during the next 12 games & looks worse than 2018, all bets are off lol? I just think they're buddies & MB won't fire him, he will keep listening to his plans every year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really dont have a good feel for Keim’s fate. He’s chummy with the Bidwills and has a long-standing history with the organization, which makes it emotionally challenging to can him. But, if you listened to Keim’s interview on 98.7 this morning, he’s very aware of his standing in the media. He knows he has to bring the horses to the barn or he faces mutiny to the point in which it might force Michael’s hand.

Although there is loyalty in play, a 3-12-1 record would certainly test that loyalty.

We're kidding ourselves if we think that MB wouldn't fire Keim because of their longstanding relationship. MB had a longtime relationship with Rod Graves & he really did like Whiz a lot. But, both got canned. In this business, almost everyone eventually gets fired.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I like Keim but not his performance - maybe we can hire Thor to general manage these Phoenix Unicorns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard