Longmire (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just binge watched the first season on Netflix. Really enjoying it. I'm already sad it'll be over if I watch season2. I'm new to Netflix so how long will it be before they get season 3 up?

Probably a couple months, as season 3 just ended a few weeks ago.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's a bummer. I've watched every episode. So now we don't find out if Branch's father shot him or if Longmire gets it on with Vic. At least we know Henry got off. I hope someone else picks it up

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just heard it on the local news. Its a big deal here because its been filmed in New Mexico. The dude who plays deputy Connally was just here last week doing interviews and saying he was sure it would be renewed because they have a ton of viewers.

Just got into the show and watched the first 2 sesons over the last couple weeks. Really liking it. Oh well, at least I haven't watched season 3 yet, so there's that..... But I'm bummed.

When they say it ain't about the money, its about the money.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a good show that it should be picked up by someone rather quickly...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why in the hell would they cancel this? Seems like a really counter-intuitive move by A&E. And what are the chances of it getting picked up elsewhere, really? It doesn't happen very often.

Argh!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why in the hell would they cancel this? Seems like a really counter-intuitive move by A&E. And what are the chances of it getting picked up elsewhere, really? It doesn't happen very often.

Argh!

Here is their "reasoning," I guess:

There has been a drive at A+E Networks (as well as other cable network groups) to own a large portion of their scripted programming, which was also the impetus behind the launch of A+E Studios. Both Longmire and The Glades came from outside suppliers, Warner Horizon and Fox TV Studios, respectively.

-------------------------

:lame:

If you've got a good thing going, keep it going. These shows brought people to A&E exposed them to their promo material that aired meaning they may tune into something else on A&E. Use shows like The Glades or Longmire to lead people to your own programming.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An article about this is on the front page of the Albq Journal, above the fold, even. It's a big deal here. Jobs, $$$, etc

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Just heard it on the local news. Its a big deal here because its been filmed in New Mexico. The dude who plays deputy Connally was just here last week doing interviews and saying he was sure it would be renewed because they have a ton of viewers.

When they say it ain't about the money, its about the money.

I couldn't believe that when I found out. I assumed it was all Wyoming. I always thought of New Mexico as the biggest crap-hole dump in the Union and then in July we vacationed for 8 days in Angel Fire, N.M.

I never dreamed there was land that beautiful in the United States. The most gorgeous land I've ever seen here. Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Black Lake...simply beautiful and I've yet to see a picture that does it justice. Black Lake is where Cap'n Call had the cabin built in Lonesome Dove that was supposed to be Montana. The cabin is still there.

I kept handing the car keys to my wife and told her "see you guys later, I'm not ever leaving."

That's quite a relatively unknown treasure you guys have there.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea when season 3 will be available for streaming?

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got email notification... Season 3 available for streaming on Netflix.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just started watching this show last week on Netflix. Damned good so far.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 4 up for streaming