Locker room unhappy

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Honestly, It seems like every defense has been underwhelming this season sans Chicago & Tennessee.
and to think,...this time last year when I suggested Mike Vrabel for a head coach I was mocked....... dude is putting it together in TN

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A coaching staff loses a locker room for one reason and one reason only - a bunch of professionals who have been coached by other professionals knows when someone is faking it. They recognize this staff stinks. Other losing teams, even past cardinals teams, didn’t have a toxic locker room 5 games into a new regimes first season.
This

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the locker room was NOT unhappy it would be disgusting. The season so far has been a disaster of epic proportions. This so-called "offense" is offensive in every way possible. How McCoy has kept his job past the first 3 games is mind boggling.

I guess Mr. Bidwill's choice is to suck it up and live through a 3-13 or 2-14 season and then clean house. Or, see it go 5-11 or 6-10 with some growth signs in the 2nd half and deciding to let the coaches ride another year. Evidence shows the latter is unlikely.

I am thinking that McCoy will be gone after the game at the bye week and Leftwich will be given a chance to call the plays and see what happens. If not, then Mr. Bidwill will just be throwing away this season completely.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Maybe I’m being selfish, but at my age, I’m not about to sit around watching this garbage football for 3 years to supposedly be fair to Wilks. Most on this board understand that the likelihood of Wilks turning this hot mess around might be 5%. At least if we go 1-15, we have a chance that Michael will clean house & we can sell a prospective good coach that we’re just a couple years removed from being a legit franchise. The longer Wilks is around, the greater the chance we won’t be able to attract a HC that is legit. And, oh by the way, NO MORE DC/HC types.
You know who made Mike Tomlin a very successful HC? His personnel. We just don't have the team put together right. That's on the FO. The last regime didn't develop much talent either. But at least they utilized the top talent they did have. But that was also propelled by Palmers great year mostly. It's still early to be calling for the HC. I think his D is responding to epic offensive ineptitude. So it's squarely on the OC and Bradford in that order, for how it's shaken out at this point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How many of his assistants have gone on to be head coaches? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious.
Bruce Arians
The only OCs he’s had are Arians and Haley before this year. The only DCs he’s had are LeBeau and Butler.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing but bad press for the team this week. Locker room issues, trade rumors, stories of historically low offensive output, etc. It's not a good week. Hope they can play well this weekend, but this is looking more and more like a trainwreck. It's unfortunate too because the last 3 games have been competitive.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
How many of his assistants have gone on to be head coaches? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious.
Yeah, was referring there to the team. He's had the talent to work with. Having Rothlisberger from the beginning almost and the rushing attacks always working in conjunction with a solid D at all times, pretty much. They do a much better job in the drafts then we do. Also that his background as a DC coach, like Wilks. We've got to see more, from this staff with the adjustments that are being made.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've got to see more, from this staff with the adjustments that are being made.

Maybe. And I'm open to that. But from what we've seen this far (and I know its early)...but under this regime...we're looking at a 3-5 year rebuild. Meaning in today's NFL...It ain't gonna happen. NEVER!!!!

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Express your voice to management by not spending money on concessions and calling
Maybe. And I'm open to that. But from what we've seen this far (and I know its early)...but under this regime...we're looking at a 3-5 year rebuild.

It can’t happen. The folks in Glendale helped pay for a new stadium. No more excuses about being the only NFL team playing in a college stadium indefinitely. Send emails, don’t renew and don’t spend in concessions until the issue is addressed by Michael B

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, regardless of how we fans view Sam Bradford, the players view it very differently. They were told Sam was the guy when the franchise spent 15 mil on him. They understood what happens once Rosen got drafted, but most players don't ever want t
o see the money of their teammates impacted in a negative way. Bucannon being benched in a contract year doesn't play well. Bradford being inactive and costing him money makes players feel like the organization is blaming Sam for being who Sam has always been. It paints the organization as a group who won't admit it when they make a mistake, and will dump the blame on the guys.

Also something to consider. Belichick has been able to do the things he has in New England because of how he grinds on Tom Brady. That works if you are winning titles because football players are trained to believe QBs get the best treatment. In Arizona, players will think if this can happen to Bradford, a 15 mil vet QB, I could be next. When you aren't winning, guys check out.

I recall a tweet from an ex Cards player who blasted us and Bradford for the contract.

I also recall Shipley injuring his knee and the Cards giving him an extension afterwards.

I could be wrong but I don't see an uprising over Bradford not (stealing) getting his bonuses which were built into the contract in case Bradford got hurt or sucked.

I guess some players can't see the big picture but i think the leaders don't have an issue with this. I also think Michael has earned respect and trust from the players.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
and to think,...this time last year when I suggested Mike Vrabel for a head coach I was mocked....... dude is putting it together in TN
They're the second lowest scoring team in the AFC and just lost to the lowest scoring team. I'd hold off on the praise.

The guy I wanted, Shurmur, has been about as bad a train wreck as Wilks.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're the second lowest scoring team in the AFC and just lost to the lowest scoring team. I'd hold off on the praise.

The guy I wanted, Shurmur, has been about as bad a train wreck as Wilks.

I think it's too early to judge any of the new HCs.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bruce Arians
The only OCs he’s had are Arians and Haley before this year. The only DCs he’s had are LeBeau and Butler.
But does Arians count? He wasn't hired directly from Pittsburgh but from Indy. IIRC Tomlin fired Arians, or rather didn't bring him back so in reality Arians was hired from Indy and not Pittsburgh.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe. And I'm open to that. But from what we've seen this far (and I know its early)...but under this regime...we're looking at a 3-5 year rebuild. Meaning in today's NFL...It ain't gonna happen. NEVER!!!!

If for whatever reason Rosen isn’t the QBOTF, this could be longer than that.

It’s hard to envision Keim keeping his job after this season, is it not basinonains

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
My only problem with Wilks at this point is he gives to much leeway to his coordinators. But his job is directly affected by the performance of his assistants so I would hope he isnt afraid of stepping on toes?
I believe the hiring of McCoy was more about Mike & maybe Keim moreso than Wilks?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But does Arians count? He wasn't hired directly from Pittsburgh but from Indy. IIRC Tomlin fired Arians, or rather didn't bring him back so in reality Arians was hired from Indy and not Pittsburgh.

Tomlin didnt fire BA.... the team just let his contract expire

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Send emails, don’t renew and don’t spend in concessions until the issue is addressed by Michael B

If Michael B's email address follows the same protocol as other employees, his email is...

[email protected]

Being the head kaboozle, it could be something like "mike@", but I'm guessing not. Send him something at the address above, and if it doesn't bounce, chances are it made it to his in-box.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tomlin didnt fire BA.... the team just let his contract expire

Technically, sure, you're right. Effectively however, he was fired. The reasons were leaked and easy to understand. They didn't like his play calling philosophy and he was exposing Big Ben to too many hits with his vertical game with deep drops. One can argue that he got Palmer killed the same way here.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
If going 1-15 gets us a good coaching staff for next year then so be it. It's a good thing we will have so much money next year because we will have to overpay to get any good free agents. We will have a chance to rebuild this team in a hurry next year with the money and draft picks. My biggest concern is Josh Rosen improving week to week and not getting hurt.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Technically, sure, you're right. Effectively however, he was fired. The reasons were leaked and easy to understand. They didn't like his play calling philosophy and he was exposing Big Ben to too many hits with his vertical game with deep drops. One can argue that he got Palmer killed the same way here.

Can you provide a link to that "leak"?

Big Ben was PO'd that BA was let go, upper management wanted to get back to running the ball more.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rians-confirms-pittsburgh-steelers-forced-out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson