Locker room unhappy

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If Michael B's email address follows the same protocol as other employees, his email is...

[email protected]

Being the head kaboozle, it could be something like "mike@", but I'm guessing not. Send him something at the address above, and if it doesn't bounce, chances are it made it to his in-box.

Let him know how you feel

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It's weird. Wilks is doing the kind of things you do when you have a toxic locker room culture/culture of losing. This team was 8-8 last season with garbage under center for half the year. It's very strange.

OTOH, Carolina's defense has been trash this season, so maybe Wilks has some goods?
Haven't they also been without Luke Kuechly? I'd guess that hurts them more than Wilks' play calling.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting week. Vikings followed by Broncos on Thursday. I think this stretch going determine a lot. If Cards get destroyed on Sunday than follow with similar results on National TV against Broncos, management will be forced to make a move or lose fanbase completely.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting week. Vikings followed by Broncos on Thursday. I think this stretch going determine a lot. If Cards get destroyed on Sunday than follow with similar results on National TV against Broncos, management will be forced to make a move or lose fanbase completely.
NFL probably not too happy about not being able to flex Cardinals out of the prime time game. Broncos aren't exactly a top draw this season either. If this was a Sunday night game I'd bet that it'd be flexed out.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Part of me does want this to happen.
Who’s responsible for this mess, was it Keim or Bidwill?

Tought part is who will be the interim head coach and who would want the Cards HC position after this fiasco?

If McCoy gets fired who takes over? Leftwich has 1 season of being a quarterback coach, he’s not quite OC material yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree, highly doubt Keim gets fired after this season. One horrific season doesn't undo several good ones.
Several good ones, two mediocre ones, and one potentially historically horrible one, and a recent stint in jail, and all trending in the wrong direction . . . ?

That fact pattern could certain lead to getting canned.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What would make him OC material? Certainly not having experience only?
He’s only even been a position coach for a year. The thought of him taking over OC duties is silly. And I CAN’T FRIGGIN STAND MCCOY.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I’m guessing to keep him active and let him get his money. They voted him a captain.

Yeah, that's a real bad look. It's not like they can't afford it. Bradford has his deficiencies, sure. But he was thrown into a poopy offense, benched, then made inactive so they wouldn't have to pay him any bonuses.

I get it. He was absolutely horrible. But that kind of move is what makes players not trust an organization.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Several good ones, two mediocre ones, and one potentially historically horrible one, and a recent stint in jail, and all trending in the wrong direction . . . ?

That fact pattern could certain lead to getting canned.

Very unlikely imo. I guess firing a GM isn't as disruptive as firing a HC but it can set an organization back as it retools its scouting department.

I wonder how much owners talk to each other and discuss what they think about their teams. I do recall Michael giving a tour of the new stadium to Jones before Jones built his stadium.

My point is I'm sure Michael gets feedback from his peers and other NFL people so his extending Keim this year counts for a lot.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a real bad look. It's not like they can't afford it. Bradford has his deficiencies, sure. But he was thrown into a ****** offense, benched, then made inactive so they wouldn't have to pay him any bonuses.

I get it. He was absolutely horrible. But that kind of move is what makes players not trust an organization.

Disagree, it's a team game and that 4 mil can help the team in the future. So would players want them to help the team with that money or just throw it out the window to a guy who isn't going to play?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have always preferred defensive football... but y'all are right... the league wants more offense, is changing the rules to increase offense... we need a HC to take advantage of that.

BA had a great first season but much of that was due to the fact he inherited a pretty damned good roster that whiz was ruining.

this roster is not as solid as the one BA inherited...we still have talent but not in the same way.... choosing a coach with a different formation philosophy hurt us pretty bad. Had we stayed a 3-4 team...a LB, a couple WR's...and we were a 10-11 win team with bradford and rosen in the mix.

we put lots of resources into our secondary...which is cool... but then poorly spent resources on the oline...cutting veldheer just to sign smith was a bonehead move... JV was declining, but he is still better than smith.

wilks has a road to travel with the changes he wants to make...that road is made longer due to his choice in offensive coordinators

Did he though? The defense certainly had a handful of names on it, but besides Fitz and pre-DUI Floyd, he didn't really have much to work with. New QB, new RB, practically a new OL. BA was a fantastic coach, particularly that first year, because of what he accomplished with a revamped roster.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s only even been a position coach for a year. The thought of him taking over OC duties is silly. And I CAN’T FRIGGIN STAND MCCOY.

What would be silly about it? His play calling? Just about everybody on here didn't want the current OC and wants him fired now? . We're one and four. :pullhair:

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score

I initially felt the same way then started thinking about Tony Romo and when he's calling the games on TV he sounds like he would be an excellent OC. He reads/anticipates defenses very well. Maybe Leftwitch has some of those qualities.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree, it's a team game and that 4 mil can help the team in the future. So would players want them to help the team with that money or just throw it out the window to a guy who isn't going to play?

totally agree.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I initially felt the same way then started thinking about Tony Romo and when he's calling the games on TV he sounds like he would be an excellent OC. He reads/anticipates defenses very well. Maybe Leftwitch has some of those qualities.
I don’t think you guys have any idea how difficult coaching is.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NFL probably not too happy about not being able to flex Cardinals out of the prime time game. Broncos aren't exactly a top draw this season either. If this was a Sunday night game I'd bet that it'd be flexed out.

Pretty sure that the "flex" concept doesn't kick in till last couple of weeks of the season. But yeah, this one's a real turkey.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If McCoy gets fired who takes over? Leftwich has 1 season of being a quarterback coach, he’s not quite OC material yet.

There's only one person in the entire nation that I wouldn't put in there ahead of McCoy - and that man's name is Amos Jones. ANYONE else - random unemployed college coordinator, mid-level high school coach, any Kardashian sister - would be an improvement IMHO.

Hell, I nominate Cortez to take over immediately.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the "flex" concept doesn't kick in till last couple of weeks of the season. But yeah, this one's a real turkey.
Pretty sure the Rams SNF game was just flexed out so it may happen earlier than before.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If it goes bad today, there will be trouble. I see trouble if David Johnson sees himself being held back

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While reading Fitz Sr's tweet, it occurred to me that veterans unhappy about benching Bradford likely has nothing to do with money.

They know McCoy and offense are inadequate and didn't like Bradford being made scapegoat. I think it is un-happiness on Wilks not trying to see or ignore the actual problem. The team believed that Bradford gave them the best chance to win if play calling and design improves. When Wilks made it all Bradford's fault, they wondered if they are next.

Yeah, a loss to broncos next week will make the rift wide open between players and staff as wide as Grand Canyon. Tighten your seat belts.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
While reading Fitz Sr's tweet, it occurred to me that veterans unhappy about benching Bradford likely has nothing to do with money.

They know McCoy and offense are inadequate and didn't like Bradford being made scapegoat. I think it is un-happiness on Wilks not trying to see or ignore the actual problem. The team believed that Bradford gave them the best chance to win if play calling and design improves. When Wilks made it all Bradford's fault, they wondered if they are next.

Yeah, a loss to broncos next week will make the rift wide open between players and staff as wide as Grand Canyon. Tighten your seat belts.

It’s coming

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson