Live Draft Watching Thread

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like a Cards fan now. Lopez has average-at-best athleticism and average-at-best skill. So this is an average-at-best selection.
That's not fair. The Card susually make good picks at the time, just takes them a year or so to suck.

The Suns barely make a pick and when they do they usually suck right away!

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
It will probably be Shaq and then when he sits, Amare moves over, and then when he sits...Skinner/Lopez.

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
The trade is between Indiana and Portland we’re informed. Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts and the #13 pick (Rush) for #11 (Jerryd Bayless). Indiana must have a trade exception. Kevin Pritchard does it again! What a great compliment for Brandon Roy. We’ve been talking about this all year long with Portland’s scouts…

this is from draftexpress

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
Is Lopez going to be a star, no but he is going to cover up alot of Amare's defensive liabilities and do the dirt work. He is a 19 year old 7 footer who is only going to get better and in my opinion will be better than his brother. Kerr still feels this team can win right away so you draft someone that can help now. You pick up another pick and draft for potential with your next two picks. I did not like the pick at first but after thinking about it and the progress I saw Lopez make as the season went on and his age I like the pick.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In another thread I said I dreaded this pick. That no longer applies.

Looking at what was available at #15, I'll take it. Steve Kerr gets a honeymoon period from me. I hope Robin blossoms here.

I remember booing the pick of Thunder Dan.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bayless traded to the Blazers for Rush and McRoberts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You will be sorry you ever booed this young man.

i'll be happy if he makes me sorry, but i won't expect it.

i'll say this, i may not have booed majerle, but i didn't know who he was.

i did boo nash and marion selections, so if that's an indicator, great. the difference is that i only knew a little about those two also, unfortunately i've watched a LOT of robin lopez and i think he sucks. we drafted a SECOND rounder with the highest pick we've had in ages. he's varejeo/turiaf/powe all over again and THOSE GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN IN THE 2ND ROUND!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The trade is between Indiana and Portland we’re informed. Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts and the #13 pick (Rush) for #11 (Jerryd Bayless). Indiana must have a trade exception. Kevin Pritchard does it again! What a great compliment for Brandon Roy. We’ve been talking about this all year long with Portland’s scouts…

the blazers are going to be extremely scary with a year or two under their young belts.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
Ready to see this in purple and orange next year?:

You must be registered for see images

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Portland is just getting sick. Imagine if the Suns had bought picks rather than sell them over the last few years. We would be stacked rather than dying for depth.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to take the contrarian position here. I think Robin ends up being a good player.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
i'll be happy if he makes me sorry, but i won't expect it.

i'll say this, i may not have booed majerle, but i didn't know who he was.

i did boo nash and marion selections, so if that's an indicator, great. the difference is that i only knew a little about those two also, unfortunately i've watched a LOT of robin lopez and i think he sucks. we drafted a SECOND rounder with the highest pick we've had in ages. he's varejeo/turiaf/powe all over again and THOSE GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN IN THE 2ND ROUND!

To be fair...all three of those guys have been to the NBA Finals.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
It will probably be Shaq and then when he sits, Amare moves over, and then when he sits...Skinner/Lopez.

lol brilliant as usual. neither of those guys can score their way out of a paper bag. pairing them together on the court is a disaster waiting to happen. that would be like putting erick dampier and ben wallace together on the court.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'm going to take the contrarian position here. I think Robin ends up being a good player.

Based on what exactly? Being a Pac 10 basketball fan, I saw Robin a lot, he's not a #15 pick. Jeff Pendergraph at ASU tore him up, and he's currently projected as a late 1st rounder next year. This pick was absolute garbage in every conceivable way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
but as bit players. if you removed them from each team the team still has a great likelihood of making the finals.

Robin Lopez IS a bit player, Ouchie. I don't understand why you think we could have gotten a starter at the #15 spot. None of the remaining guys were of that kind of quality, so what we're drafting is for need off the bench, and one of our needs was energy/defense, and apparently that was the reasoning.

Of course, and I know it's difficult, you're going to have to assume that the Suns front office knows more about talent evaluation than you do. Shocker, I know. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard