Live Draft Watching Thread

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is such a joke. Chalmers traded to Miami for a future second-rounder. The Suns don't need a backup guard? They couldn't make this deal? Of course, Miami also paid cash for Chalmers, something we probably were not willing to do.

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
How can anyone slam the signing of Grant Hill? What a freaking joke.

Uuumm, Grant Hill is fragile as a tweety bird. He is a cool and sweet guy, and is an amazing player, but he gets hurt when you need him most and he is old. Also add to the fact that he is not really a 3 point shooter that we are in short supply of. He can't be our starting SF and needs to come off the bench. Sadly with Marion gone, all we have is Tucker and possibly Diaw AT THE CURRENT MOMENT.

Diaw is too inconsistent and soft, and Alando Tucker, well I don't even know because he hardly was ever played.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Uuumm, Grant Hill is fragile as a tweety bird. He is a cool and sweet guy, and is an amazing player, but he gets hurt when you need him most and he is old. Also add to the fact that he is not really a 3 point shooter that we are in short supply of. He can't be our starting SF and needs to come off the bench. Sadly with Marion gone, all we have is Tucker and possibly Diaw AT THE CURRENT MOMENT.

Diaw is too inconsistent and soft, and Alando Tucker, well I don't even know because he hardly was ever played.

You keep telling yourself that.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
This is such a joke. Chalmers traded to Miami for a future second-rounder. The Suns don't need a backup guard? They couldn't make this deal? Of course, Miami also paid cash for Chalmers, something we probably were not willing to do.

For some reason it seems like this year the cost of second rounders are up.

My opinion, The Suns may just have too many approval layers to get things done quickly. It seems like this team doesn't execute all that well on draft day, but we always hear about how much they try, and other teams just get deals done. I am NOT advocating a deal though, I am merely questioning the process they use.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Coro just wrote on his blog that we acquired Dragic from SA.

Check that. The Suns just had the draft of their dreams.

They can't announce the trade yet because it is pending league approval but Phoenix has acquired Slovenian point guard Goran Dragic in a trade with San Antonio.

This is a 6-foot-4, lefthanded point guard who Phoenix envisions can back up Steve Nash and take over the job in a couple years likely will be a Sun. Phoenix fancied him more than D.J. Augustin or Mario Chalmers and spent the night trying to make a deal to move up in the second round to land him.

By adding Dragic, Phoenix has addressed two of the toughest positions to fill -- center and point guard.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/26635

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
If i had a nickel for every time something didn't scan and the response from the smartass customer was..."Ha ha it must be free..." i'd have retired 10 yrs ago.
That line deserves a public beatdown.....and maybe it's own thread.
Back to business.

I'm starting to get weirded out, man.
We're Suns fans, we're Rams fans, we're embittered retail vets...

Separated at birth?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. BC WASN'T FIRED.

BC was shown the door like D'Antoni. Both would have stayed in Phoenix if they were not put in untenable positions. Call it what you like. Sigh.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is full of fools masquerading as experts.

Is that you Cheesewater? :D

I'm only joking. The Suns actually picking players in the draft is a serious matter for me. The Suns draft tonight took some wild turns, especially in the second round. If that European PG can play and comes to the Suns in the near future, that alone will make it a good draft for me. It's just been too long since the Suns had a competent backup PG... and perhaps their PG of the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard