Lincoln

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I kid you not... There is a movie coming out called 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter'

Win/win I do believe....

:)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are movies in which I loved him and there are movies in which I thought he was over the top. Will be interesting to see where this one fits.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the movie isn't so good, DDL is always outstanding. Can't wait!

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dudes one of the best actors around, but he needs to relax.

Hes like the reclusive method actor from tropic thunder (Robert Downey Jrs character). Its like his big break was Last of the Mohicans. Its not really Gone with the Wind, if you know what I mean. I dont know where he picked up this extreme sense of Im the greatest actor ever-itis.

Anyways, hes awesome. look forward to it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hes like the reclusive method actor from tropic thunder (Robert Downey Jrs character). Its like his big break was Last of the Mohicans. Its not really Gone with the Wind, if you know what I mean. I dont know where he picked up this extreme sense of Im the greatest actor ever-itis.

Not sure where this comes from--is it because he's so selective with his projects? Personally, I think he's earned every bit of praise he's ever gotten. If he thinks he's one of the greatest actors ever, well, he's probably right. But I've never seen that kind of arrogance from him other than him threatening to retire every year.

And Last of the Mohicans wasn't his big break--it was a movie called My Left Foot.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where this comes from--is it because he's so selective with his projects? Personally, I think he's earned every bit of praise he's ever gotten. If he thinks he's one of the greatest actors ever, well, he's probably right. But I've never seen that kind of arrogance from him other than him threatening to retire every year.

And Last of the Mohicans wasn't his big break--it was a movie called My Left Foot.
This movie made him pretty much the best actor that has ever actored.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
psh - if he was so good he would have used his actual left foot in that movie - instead they had to shoot mirror images of his right foot ........ some actor he is

;)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love Lincoln. I love Daniel-Day Lewis. I love Tommy Lee Jones.

This movie still looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the top and not pleasant. I hope the trailer is no indication of what the movie will be like.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

That isnt enough? He does a movie maybe every 3 years on average. He does do that whole "Im going away" deal. Apparently he stays in character 24/7 for the duration of an entire movie filming. How many interviews does this guy give? None?

Its manic and over the top. He needs to relax.

Is he the greatest actor? Quite possibly. But you gotta wonder, is he really, or do you just get that perception Because hes so picky, and stays in character, and never gives intervies and etc.?

If you act like youre amazing, people will think you are. And he is, its just I think its a little overblown.

IMO, Leonardo Dicaprio is the greatest actor today. And he doesnt act all crazy reclusive and picky. He takes any movie that comes by and kills it everytime.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Lincoln. I love Daniel-Day Lewis. I love Tommy Lee Jones.

This movie still looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the top and not pleasant. I hope the trailer is no indication of what the movie will be like.

Typical Southerner.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typical Southerner.

In case you don't remember, Ole Miss fans burned me in effigy because I made fun of them waving their Dixie flags.

[Actually, I just noted it's no coincidence Ole Miss spring drills always coincide with a white sale]

I just hope it's not a $50 million after-school special.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you don't remember, Ole Miss fans burned me in effigy because I made fun of them waving their Dixie flags.

I just hope it's not a $50 million after-school special.
I thought that was because of what you said about learning how to spell the word "Old".

I hope this is better than J. Edgar.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Word.

That was dreadful.

FanBoy said:
6. Mississippi: Fans at University of Mississipi refer to their alma mater as Ole Miss. Why? FanBoy thinks it's because they don't want to be confused with New South. It's the only place short of a Klan rally where waving the Dixie flag is still "cool." It's the only reason they're on this list, because with the exception of Archie Manning and his lesser known son, there's no other reason to pay attention to the Rebels. It's no coincidence Ole Miss "spring drills" coincide with a white sale.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

J.Edgar was impressivley boring.

That was like a combination of: An academic historical TV show, stage play, soap opera, and monologue.

It was insane. Ive never seen such a mundane flick. Leonardo was AWESOME as J Edgar. But that wore off after 30 seconds.

Im like "for cryin out loud somebody throw a pie!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard