Like/dislike

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dislike

I feel people would pick on others with this feature and it would be like High School.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It may get abused in beginning but it turns out to work well once the "newest" of it wears off.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They don't have a dislike, its only like or nothing at all. ;)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think it would be cool to like or rate individual posts like we do for threads.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and there will be participation trophies. No winners or losers. :D

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
and there will be participation trophies. No winners or losers. :D

Ha ha! There is another mod I have on a few of my other forums that members seem to like, its a mention mod, where a user can mention another user in a post, and that mentioned user gets a notification that they have been mentioned. It also notifies you if your post has been quoted too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! There is another mod I have on a few of my other forums that members seem to like, its a mention mod, where a user can mention another user in a post, and that mentioned user gets a notification that they have been mentioned. It also notifies you if your post has been quoted too.

That is very handy and there are other boards that use it too. I like it a lot.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a "like" feature that can only be used on threads, I think that's kind of redundant since we have the star-rating system already in place. It doesn't get used much, but it allows for like/dislike (1 star vs 4 or 5)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I've seen it on another forum only they call it "thanks" and it is listed in the user info cell right under number of posts. I have no strong feelings either way.

If it's a "like" feature that can only be used on threads, I think that's kind of redundant since we have the star-rating system already in place. It doesn't get used much, but it allows for like/dislike (1 star vs 4 or 5)

I think this thread is just talking about posts/users and not threads.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

It's individual posts, not just the whole thread. So I could have just liked your post you just made.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we PLEASE add the notification to being quoted in posts? It would make following threads, much much easier.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't we just type; I dislike your post?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we PLEASE add the notification to being quoted in posts? It would make following threads, much much easier.

That is not available in the software. It would require a third party customization.

This should probably be it's own thread since it is not related to "like/dislike".

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like forums that simply list "Likes". Don't use the dislikes. The dislikes creates animosity. However, there is nothing wrong with showing how well Liked a post is. As others stated....if you don't like a post..we can simply ignore it.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the like option. Many times I have gone to click the "like" button only to find it's not there. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like forums that simply list "Likes". Don't use the dislikes. The dislikes creates animosity. However, there is nothing wrong with showing how well Liked a post is. As others stated....if you don't like a post..we can simply ignore it.

:yeahthat:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, that is not a problem because if you read Shaggy's post number 5 in this thread, dislike does not exist as an option.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that is not a problem because if you read Shaggy's post number 5 in this thread, dislike does not exist as an option.

I should have been more clear. I realized that I was just saying in case people really want to see that feature get added, I was voting against it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard